BO3 Connections

BENORMOUS

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so far i have had problems connecting online but there is an easy fix for that by just waiting for the version number to change in the top right of the screen.

it has been virtually impossible to get a game in a party of more than 3, even when the lobby fills the game just won't start,it will often say there is 13 or 14 in a tdm lobby even when you can count only 12 and the game just won't feckin' start.

a few times it has even split the party and put us on opposing sides. 

i have had rubber banding, server disconnects, lobby booting, host migrations,and hard freezes all within minutes of each other.

on the flipside , when it plays well it plays really well.

big plusses for me , if you get thrown into a inevitable losing game it doesn't count the loss on your stats , the pace of the game is easier for an oldy such as I, and that 2hk lmg the gorgon just about makes up for all these early issues on it's own.

Interesting point that I had not noticed about the loss not counting when thrown into a losing game.

I have had a good experience so far playing tdm with good hit detection etc, the odd wtf moment and a few players teleporting across the map but not many.

Very disappointed no hc domination, core Dom is for me playing like shit. I cannot explain it, maybe because every member of my team only gets a or b at the start of the round and then plays like tdm I don't know but my favourite mode is pretty much unplayable at the moment.

Still it's early days

I only play TDM I nearly went to dom to level up faster then though why I do not like it just play what I like so I didnt scrub out ;)

I only play tdm myself (no friends lol) solo but heard u can rank up quickest through kc and I have to say my point average did seem higher. Game plays OK for me mostly.

Talk talk must be doing something right although I'm not getting full speed yet. I like the maps,graphics and some cool customisation options.

I even had one game on ranked with random which was interesting! My first time on hard point. It was hard, deffo more for team play and coms but only one guy seemed split 2nd ahead. Zombies is hard as nails solo though but fun I think

I'd suggest you guys, to follow these steps:

1. Turn NETDUMA router off. 

2. Plug your old trustworthy router.

2. Give DUMA guys some time to optimize R1 for BO3.

3. Enjoy the game as you did before R1.

4. Plug R1 again after a week or so.

5. Start complaining if nothing has been done.

it works for me

This is by far the most atrocious amounts of lag I've experienced since guess what? The last black ops! These clowns have had 3 years development time a beta and an extended beta, i;m

sorry they don't deserve any slack its not good enough in this day and age. ill grant them the fact its launch week, but cmon they have done this dance many a time before. its bitterly

Disappointing to say the least. This is no ordinary lag, its a super muted horrible strain where you get the drop on someone unload a clip centre mass he turns round and 2 super laser guided

bullets you smoked. I've lost track of wtf moments with there being so many. absolutely diabolical.

I am with you 1000%!

Well, I aint giving it no credit, same shit, different year for me. I think its about time they do away with this piece of shit Doom engine and build something new from scratch !!

Nobody can say that they don't have the money, they've conned us more than the Gov ever will do (unless your're rich).

They're just too idle to bother 'cus its all about the £/$, if only they could take a leaf out of the customer care Iain, Fraser & the rest of the crew bring.

I'd suggest you guys, to follow these steps:

1. Turn NETDUMA router off. 

2. Plug your old trustworthy router.

2. Give DUMA guys some time to optimize R1 for BO3.

3. Enjoy the game as you did before R1.

4. Plug R1 again after a week or so.

5. Start complaining if nothing has been done.

it works for me

I am lucky I guess as I am not really having connection issues as bad as some.

It takes a lot longer to get into a game with GF on but when I turn it off I get straight into one inside my range anyway. lol.

My biggest gripe I cannot do anything about and that is the way people are not playing the objective.

From what I am hearing, if you want to enjoy the game play and rank up fast... Play Ground War (TDM, KC, DOM)?

What is ironic is even if people play OBJ modes like TDM, if you play the OBJ, you will be at the top of the Winner Circle even if you go negative because unlike Sludge Hammer, OBJ modes are about actually PTFO and you are rewarded more points accordingly. I ranked up two whole levels from ONE game of DOM.

For those of you having connection problems, try moving your home location to a less populated area. Also, make sure you've done everything in your power to optimize your connection e.g. Congestion Control, nobody else using internet when you are, not downloading something, etc. It's basic stuff, but a lot of people have old habits they don't break even after they get the Netduma, and then wonder why it's "not working".

• Administrators

If you are experiencing issues on Black Ops 3 with lag or connecting outside of your radius please follow this:

1. At the top of the Geo-filtering page make sure the device you're using has the button saying "disable".
  2. Strict mode on.
  3. Ping assist set to 0.
  4. Make sure you're waiting for the Geo-filter to clear completely between games.
  5. Did you enable auto&bleeding edge cloud?
  • If yes, un tick bleeding edge but leave auto on and apply. Does the issue still occur?
  • If no, make sure both are ticked and applied. Does the issue still occur?

Please also include the ID's of:

• Hosts if they are still being allowed outside radius with the above settings enabled
  • Mis located servers
  • Any ID's of blocked hosts that are occurring when booted etc

Please provide feedback to all these points in http://forum.netduma...pdate-now-live/ it is important you let me know the answers to the info I've given if I am to resolve the issue.

So for me this game plays the same as AW with the added bonus of getting disconnected at the end of every match! get hit markers for days to only be shot once, get shot from people not yet on my screen, get shot after I have gotten behind something. Just the same ass rapeing I took in the last cod. No end in sight as long as Lagdovision has the reigns on this game. I'm sure it works for some but there are some of us who have bad bad bad times with it. 

So for me this game plays the same as AW with the added bonus of getting disconnected at the end of every match! get hit markers for days to only be shot once, get shot from people not yet on my screen, get shot after I have gotten behind something. Just the same ass rapeing I took in the last cod. No end in sight as long as Lagdovision has the reigns on this game. I'm sure it works for some but there are some of us who have bad bad bad times with it. 

What usually happens on black ops games is they play great for me from launch then they release a shed load of patches which for me makes it unplayable by the 3rd or 4th month in. I am sure the game will come to you and away from the people it is good to at the minute.

You guys do realize that most of the things you've posted about aren't duma related right ?

The game is playing horrible right now,it is only the third day after release.But honestly don't know what you were expecting it's been this way since the first BO.

You guys do realize that most of the things you've posted about aren't duma related right ?

The game is playing horrible right now,it is only the third day after release.But honestly don't know what you were expecting it's been this way since the first BO.

Everyone told me for AW problems that it was the game and wait until BO3 comes out and see the power of the duma. I'm not saying the router dosen't work before everyone gets all bent. It dosen't fix the problems I have with being behind a few seconds just like AW. This plays just like AW. Exactly. I can go 32- 7 then can't kill anyone and go 5 -25. There is no fix for these games. 

My connections are not great, however the graphics on my ps4 are messed up. Some objects are washed out or incomplete. Not sure if I need to reinstall. Anyone else have this problem. Might be going back to aw for a while until the hype wears off of the new game.

The R1 does exactly what it says on the tin. you cannot argue that point. It does not turn you into a cod god. This has been clear from very early reviews of the product including my own, and many pro players that are out there. (I am not a pro player by any means but have noticed the difference that the R1 makes to my gaming).

As some have already said, give it a week or so for the devs of the game and the R1 to try and iron out some release issues.

For me the game is playing OK, not brilliant but for the most part OK. For some it is playing horrible, welcome to online gaming in 2015.

In about 3 to 4 months time I will bet anybody this game will play like shit for me whilst the people whinging now are dominating every lobby. £20.00 bet right now for the first taker.

Everyone told me for AW problems that it was the game and wait until BO3 comes out and see the power of the duma. I'm not saying the router dosen't work before everyone gets all bent. It dosen't fix the problems I have with being behind a few seconds just like AW. This plays just like AW. Exactly. I can go 32- 7 then can't kill anyone and go 5 -25. There is no fix for these games. 

Yup I hear wha your saying exactly,earlier I was on top of the leaderboards 3 game in a row and then went...6-23,8-19 and 7 and 24 respectively,lots of variables in online gaming.Especially on a new release,but the duma doesn't claim to turn you into the next MLG star,just get you the best possible lobbies according to how you set your GF.

And I understand your not bashing the duma,your just frustrated as am I... :D

On a semi-related note, at least it IS the bad connections vs. the game itself having too much internal latency like AW. 

Go and play a bot match in AW on Hardened, or Veteran. You can see and feel the delay between your ADS & fire and when an enemy is doing the same. You will always be a second behind. This is OFFLINE.

BO3 has none of that, online or off. At least, it gives a much more responsive gaming experience than AW that will never be fixed most likely?

A couple of notes for those that have been following the "Zennon Solution" of Buffer bloat. As a refresher, I live outside Seattle where the server from hell (XBLive) is located.

Started this morning on PS4 with an A+ on buffer with a modest 90/90 on the sliders. Had all the usual problems like Mod NAT (couldn't do any work with Bagsta even after we fixed that) and getting used to the interface. I'm not playing great, but I expected that until I unlock some of my crutches. About 2 hours into my session I had like 3 WTF?!?!? gunfights in a row, decided to check. My A+ had gone to a D, and literally nothing had changed in my house as I am the only one home today. The local network outside of my house changed that much in just a couple of hours.

PS4 Dedi in Seattle was giving me a great ping (>20ms) but the lobbies are pretty sweaty and there are a lot of parties playing every mode.

Switched over to the XB1 and my ping to Seattle is 66ms currently. But the game play is AWFUL. Not only do my bullets seem to just disappear, I am literally getting a view in the killcams that isn't even CLOSE to what I am seeing.

Now this happened in the Beta too, which made me buy that stupid PS4 so I could cover my bases and find any variant of this game I can play.

Moved my home location over Kansas, where the dedicated server is located. My ping to the games I am playing there is around 64ms. The game plays SIGNIFICANTLY better "for me" if I force connection to Kansas City over the Seattle box.

Just information for those in the same boat.

YMMV

I am playing on the Los Angeles sever at the moment on BO3 and it is @ 9ms on the PS4. Some games are good while some are bad.

But that Kansas server is where I put my home location since AW and on both Xbox One and PS4 and I can attest that if you live on the West Coast that is a great server to play on being that I live in So Cal.

Archived