BO3 Connections

BENORMOUS

The biggest issue the Netduma and online gaming in general faces is there are people who should not be playing MP games online due to having poor connections. It sounds elitist, but it's the truth. These are the people who make everybody else with a good connection lag regardless, of their ping to a given server or host. There is nothing we can do about this, so it is what it is, good or bad.

Quote of the month for me :) thank you.

There has only been 6 days mind ;)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that really comes down to the developer then... they SHOULD either a] not allow them to connect to multiplayer with a warning their system isnt sufficient for online play, or b] put them in a low grade player pool. instead of SBMM it should be CBMM.

US connections are awful at the moment for me. 100+ ping and just getting crapped on. I'm connecting to mostly player hosts. Is anyone connecting to dedicated servers right now in the US?

I played a couple of hours last night of online MP player.  I too was getting crapped on by parties and YouTube/Twitch streamers, but I have had nothing but dedicated servers.  The Seattle bank is my primary, what appears to be San Fran or San Jose a couple of times, and also the LA area lights up but I have yet to connect.

So far things feel okay.  There is a stiff learning curve as I didn't play a lot of AW, but I have been playing without Toughness so the head flinch doesn't affect me as much.  Rage Quits?  Only a couple really, for the most part there haven't been any super lopsided lobbies and my bullets seem to be registering.

I'll be on PS4 today, so if you see me in the lobby, say hi before Worldstarring the shit out of me, okay?  :-)

JD

that really comes down to the developer then... they SHOULD either a] not allow them to connect to multiplayer with a warning their system isnt sufficient for online play, or b] put them in a low grade player pool. instead of SBMM it should be CBMM.

The problem from a developer perspective would most likely be what constitutes a "good" or "poor" connection? I only have 5mbps upl, but 30mbps down. Is this considered "poor"? Others have 100/100 and everything in between. I agree with the sentiment since I expressed the exact same thing earlier, but putting the technical execution would probably be the biggest hurdle any game dev / publisher would go through because they know they would basically be flat out denying themselves more profit.

I played a couple of hours last night of online MP player.  I too was getting crapped on by parties and YouTube/Twitch streamers, but I have had nothing but dedicated servers.  The Seattle bank is my primary, what appears to be San Fran or San Jose a couple of times, and also the LA area lights up but I have yet to connect.

So far things feel okay.  There is a stiff learning curve as I didn't play a lot of AW, but I have been playing without Toughness so the head flinch doesn't affect me as much.  Rage Quits?  Only a couple really, for the most part there haven't been any super lopsided lobbies and my bullets seem to be registering.

I'll be on PS4 today, so if you see me in the lobby, say hi before Worldstarring the shit out of me, okay?  :-)

JD

One of those streamers was probably me ;)

If you see "LIVE" as the Clan Tag, that's usually a streamer if their username doesn't have Twitch/YT in it already.

I really enjoy BO3. Not just because of the connection, but because I don't even care if I die -- Which is a lot -- Because it feels fair in every sense of the word. BO3 is a balanced game even in the early stages, IMO. AW is the exact opposite due to it's P2W / RNG crap. Skill plays very little in AW regardless, of connection problems. Also, the first thing I noticed was Treyarch toned down the flinching. They even admitted it was a bug and fixed ASAP. The game plays like any other CoD without "Toughness" -- Barely any flinch at all if you've been playing these games long enough. The second thing I noticed was the TTK seems to be even longer than the Beta. This is a good thing, IMO. It means you have to actually aim and be consistent for a few seconds versus AW where one, or two stray shots can take you out. AW resembles Ghosts in a lot of ways, but the AW fanboys don't want to admit it.

Well for me it ran really bad,wait I played really bad I guess game ran so-so but damn it seemed like I forgot how to aim and shoot but am still great and getting shot.

Well i bit the bullet and got the game and am feeling very disappointed, as someone said the graphics are a joke they look like PS3 and the amount of camping is unreal. I have had no trouble with connections though and get a steady 16ms on my trusty dedi :), maybe it will grow on me but BF4 is calling me lol the graphics on that make this game look like ZX spectrum :).

Well for me it ran really bad,wait I played really bad I guess game ran so-so but damn it seemed like I forgot how to aim and shoot but am still great and getting shot.

Yep my aim is all over the place and on AW and BF4 im not bad but i cant seem to control any gun. Oh and did i mention the spawns :( 

I've been getting a dedi server located not far from me here in SoCal and it really sucked!!! Lag big time! So I moved my home towards Kansas to get away from it and got ONE lobby where I was melting people. Went 19-4 in TDM. I believe I was the host because I was getting a lot of blinking circles and nothing appeared in the host ping. After that I got thrown into another deli server around the same region and went negative. AMAZING!

Never mind. Went back to putting me on the server in Kansas all the time. It's becoming unplayable, that 800+ miles away. :(

I feel your pain, but ping also has a lot to do with routing and how your ISP routes your packets to and from the server. I can't play on the NY server, ironically, even though I am on the East Coast. It's because it's more congested here and because I traced my routing and it goes up into Canada, down through Nova Scotia all the way to Florida, and then back up the East Coast to where I am. When I trace to Kansas, it's almost a direct shot with only a couple of hops in between me and the dedicated server.

A couple of notes for those that have been following the "Zennon Solution" of Buffer bloat.  As a refresher, I live outside Seattle where the server from hell (XBLive) is located.

Started this morning on PS4 with an A+ on buffer with a modest 90/90 on the sliders.  Had all the usual problems like Mod NAT (couldn't do any work with Bagsta even after we fixed that) and getting used to the interface.  I'm not playing great, but I expected that until I unlock some of my crutches.  About 2 hours into my session I had like 3 WTF?!?!? gunfights in a row, decided to check.  My A+ had gone to a D, and literally nothing had changed in my house as I am the only one home today.  The local network outside of my house changed that much in just a couple of hours.

PS4 Dedi in Seattle was giving me a great ping (>20ms) but the lobbies are pretty sweaty and there are a lot of parties playing every mode.  

Switched over to the XB1 and my ping to Seattle is 66ms currently.  But the game play is AWFUL.    Not only do my bullets seem to just disappear, I am literally getting a view in the killcams that isn't even CLOSE to what I am seeing.

Now this happened in the Beta too, which made me buy that stupid PS4 so I could cover my bases and find any variant of this game I can play. 

Moved my home location over Kansas, where the dedicated server is located.  My ping to the games I am playing there is around 64ms.  The game plays SIGNIFICANTLY better "for me" if I force connection to Kansas City over the Seattle box.

Just information for those in the same boat.

YMMV 

The problem from a developer perspective would most likely be what constitutes a "good" or "poor" connection? I only have 5mbps upl, but 30mbps down. Is this considered "poor"? Others have 100/100 and everything in between. I agree with the sentiment since I expressed the exact same thing earlier, but putting the technical execution would probably be the biggest hurdle any game dev / publisher would go through because they know they would basically be flat out denying themselves more profit.

la poor connection is usually based on ping. and its always when there is a 1bar person in the lobby when things really go to hell. i think the other issue with developers who dont do as well is relying too much on SBMM rather than ping and gathering as many of similar ping responses together. i dont think MP games are that data intensive so its not necessarily DL/UL speeds...

So far, level 14, slowly unlocking things, but the game play aka connection for me has been MUCH better than the Beta and AW as a whole (that was a finished product) on the PS4. I didn't even bother to buy it on XB1 because there is no need this time because of the DLC exclusivity with Sony. And yes, I bought the Digital Deluxe which means it includes the Season Pass.

I know everybody's experience will be different, but like we are discussing, the KC server seems to be an upgraded server even in AW. My guess is it probably is a newer data center given how info. flows across the country? I'm going to test other known servers close to me... except NY... To see if I can get an even better ping / connection, but I'm happy with my sub 60ms because the game just feels good aka fair, even when I die. I have had a couple WTF moments, but this is CoD, and online gaming in general.

How is the sound via headphones? Better than AW? Can you hear footsteps?

The enemy footstep are low but audible.

As for connection I am using my normal 310km Geo ping assist 0 70% CC each way and finding smooth games in the UK.

Playing solo was the best cod to date for connections but when my friend who uses the dreaded Virgin cable partied up with me it went to mush, I went from pulling around 2.5kd matches to just holding a 1kd and in 1 case going negative.

He has bad jitter and like all cods his connection in my lobby is averaged so I feel his pain and I have forced compensation that adds ping to my usually low latency connection, as soon as he left back to hosing down people, crazy system but I am playing solo today sod that haha :)

This is by far the most atrocious amounts of lag I've experienced since guess what? The last black ops! These clowns have had 3 years development time a beta and an extended beta, i;m

sorry they don't deserve any slack its not good enough in this day and age. ill grant them the fact its launch week, but cmon they have done this dance many a time before. its bitterly

Disappointing to say the least. This is no ordinary lag, its a super muted horrible strain where you get the drop on someone unload a clip centre mass he turns round and 2 super laser guided

bullets you smoked. I've lost track of wtf moments with there being so many. absolutely diabolical.

Archived