Control panel

Guest Netduma Fraser

Guest Netduma Fraser

As you've probably seen we have a Twitter feed on the control panel homepage, would people like a similar thing added that shows new posts made on the forum? 

Any other ideas of what we could add to the control panel homepage?

I am okay with a lot of these feature's being added. But to me it is just a matter of everything working together, and not causing a bottleneck at some point. Because we are talking about a 600mhz cpu running all this stuff. I just don't want it affecting WAN/LAN speed's, as that is very important.

Thats a good point, we would only add something like that if performance would not be affected.

I know you guy's are better at what you do then I am, So I do trust you. I just know Iain has talked about future patch with hw accelerator(?) being applied to increase WAN speed's as it could be better, and last thing we want is going in wrong direction :)

Guest Netduma Fraser

I know you guy's are better at what you do then I am, So I do trust you. I just know Iain has talked about future patch with hw accelerator(?) being applied to increase WAN speed's as it could be better, and last thing we want is going in wrong direction :)

100% agreed, we wont be introducing anything that gives you a lesser experience at all.

I am okay with a lot of these feature's being added. But to me it is just a matter of everything working together, and not causing a bottleneck at some point. Because we are talking about a 600mhz cpu running all this stuff. I just don't want it affecting WAN/LAN speed's, as that is very important.

you know I wouldn't worry to much about the specs you'd be surprised just how much more we can add before performance is actually affected ;)

you know I wouldn't worry to much about the specs you'd be surprised just how much more we can add before performance is actually affected ;)

Well I would never compare the work you guy's do to another company's. But I know even with my pretty powerful asus dual core 1000mhz cpu router. When using such things as Per IP Bandwidth usage, QoS, IPv6, and such. It disables hw accelerator, and I think limits WAN speed's around 300mbps. So seeing that, does make me think about stuff a bit more. Still I am not the guy's putting in the work, so my understanding of things is a lot more limited. So this gives you an ideal on what I am going by, and thinking. When I bring this stuff up :)

Archived