AW new feature.

faulko

So with the latest patch for AW on my ps4, someones (SHG or Activision i guess) infinate wisdom has decided to give us system stats.

Tells you your external ip, internal ip, nat type and bandwidth. Can be found by going into options on the Multi Player menu screen scroll to the bottom and you will see it.

Now my ps4 says it has a bandwidth connection of 6mb/700kbs. I know its not 100% accurate but its close to true for my situation.

Just wondering what would cause the bandwidth in the game as i mentioned above to see only 370kbs, when others i play with with very similar internet to me say theirs is 600+kbs?

Is this a port forward issue, because i have the congestion control for the ps4 at 100% and antiflood at 85% and 85%.

If other can check their in game bandwidth v's actual that would be great thanks.

Just for testing i will plug the ps4 directly to modem and compair results.

Using the anti flood you are capping your upload and download speed to provide more over heads so if there are other users on your line (surfing or downloading/streaming) your ping stays low.

Using the anti flood you are capping your upload and download speed to provide more over heads so if there are other users on your line (surfing or downloading/streaming) your ping stays low.

Yes indeed but the PS is behind the antiflood aswell.

So why does the ps4 and game see different bandwidth.

Yes indeed but the PS is behind the antiflood aswell.

So why does the ps4 and game see different bandwidth.

i alweys had that even before duma my ps4 tes showed difrent speed then speed test net and even doing thes in psn store before downaloding a movie woes different  lest say at this same time or one after onother i did the speed tes it showe 100 mb down 6 up then i did psn system intenet check i towes 55 mb down 4 up the i went to psn store and did the test there i towes 75 mb down i read about it on the net its just the way ps4 is it woes there since the start of the ps4

Like with the speed and ping test on the xbox one it pings the u.s.a from the u.k.

I see many latency threads on the BB forum i am on but in reality there conection turns out to be fine. it is just the ping being 100plus that worries them.

So with the latest patch for AW on my ps4, someones (SHG or Activision i guess) infinate wisdom has decided to give us system stats.

Tells you your external ip, internal ip, nat type and bandwidth. Can be found by going into options on the Multi Player menu screen scroll to the bottom and you will see it.

Now my ps4 says it has a bandwidth connection of 6mb/700kbs. I know its not 100% accurate but its close to true for my situation.

Just wondering what would cause the bandwidth in the game as i mentioned above to see only 370kbs, when others i play with with very similar internet to me say theirs is 600+kbs?

Is this a port forward issue, because i have the congestion control for the ps4 at 100% and antiflood at 85% and 85%.

If other can check their in game bandwidth v's actual that would be great thanks.

Just for testing i will plug the ps4 directly to modem and compair results.

I'd never noticed this in game until reading this post! Had to check mine... I'm in the UK on Sky Fiber running 35down & 8up on the PS4 - My bandwidth is stating 3990Kbps NAT Type: Open / Connection: Wired.

Guest Netduma Fraser

I'd never noticed this in game until reading this post! Had to check mine... I'm in the UK on Sky Fiber running 35down & 8up on the PS4 - My bandwidth is stating 3990Kbps NAT Type: Open / Connection: Wired.

Hey Doggin, as others have mentioned in the thread its due to factors out of your control so I wouldnt worry about it too much :) your connection is still as good as usual!

Guest Netduma Fraser

Says my Bandwith is 4118Kbps. Is this good?

Its absolutely plenty for gaming. Again bare in mind using a wired PC with a speed test will be more accurate :)

That will be there end nothing to do with us I'm afraid. 

Actually it is the duma. Or a settings diffence/clash between the duma and the modem.

As a ps4 > modem direct connection allows the ingame as i mentioned to see the full allowance for my line.

So its high 300kbs with the duma and high 800kbs without the duma.

Ill keep fiddling till i get it.

Not even sure if it will help.

What do congestion control and Anti- flood do?   I have an idea about the congestion control, asuume this is the cos?  Whats the point of  anti-flood, is this not to stop packet flooding or somerthing thats not likley to effect 95% of people?

I get 11 down a 1 up so my connection is average bandwidth wise.

Guest Netduma Fraser

What do congestion control and Anti- flood do?   I have an idea about the congestion control, asuume this is the cos?  Whats the point of  anti-flood, is this not to stop packet flooding or somerthing thats not likley to effect 95% of people?

I get 11 down a 1 up so my connection is average bandwidth wise.

Hey I have some links that might help you answer some questions:

http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=cc_getting_started

http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=cc_settings

Hope that helps :)

Quick question on the device prioritisiaton, any time i try to use this i get issues connecting on my smart TV, its hooked up to a powerline adapter, not sure if thats related.  I keep getting disconnected on the smart TV and it looses its IP then I get a 169.address  from the rotuer, the only solution is a reset of the netduma.

Guest Netduma Fraser

What are you setting your smart TV to on device prioritisation? Bare in mind device prioritisation works for upload only. Im not too familiar with smart TVs so not sure how much bandwidth it would use in the upload direction, potentially research how much bandwidth is required for your specific TV.

Have you got share excess ticked also?

Have you tried using the power line adapter with a laptop for example and seeing if theres any connectivity issues?

Does resetting the device prioritisation distribution not work instead of a reboot?

Are the network settings on the smart TV set to automatic?

Archived