Prioblems Connecting

Good Afternoon,

I am having problems with my netduma router it has been working flawlessly for the past few months however the I tuned the wifi off to use the wifi from my bt home hub, but it wasn’t as good as the netduma so I then tried to turn it back on and now I can’t connect to my netduma via ethernet I believe I’ve got everything connected correctly (same way as its been working for months) I have tried a new Ethernet cables to see if it was that but no joy keep getting limited connection on network status

I cant login via (http://192.168.88.1) or by (http://r1) The bt home hub can’t see the netduma router which being connected via Ethernet its driving me mad

Any help will be much appreciated

Thanks

Dan

Hello there welcome to the duma army.

Could you please do as follows restart you Bt Hub that go to settings on net duma and use restart button form there and after its restarted see if you can connect.

Hello there welcome to the duma army.

Could you please do as follows restart you Bt Hub that go to settings on net duma and use restart button form there and after its restarted see if you can connect.

Hi thanks for the warm welcome

I cant get on to the netduma settings to click restart. What i have done a few times is turn off the bt home hub router turn off the netduma router wait like 30 seconds turn on the home hub wait another minuite then plug the power back in to the netduma wait for it to boot back up and nothing just cant log in to the settings.. I dont know what to do next

In wifi settings did you change to 5GHz?

No unfortunately I have done that before haha but soon realised the router was compatible on that range so I reverted it back, I changed it over due to the signal being weak on the other side of the house ended up the netduma was better than bt so I'm just going to get a wifi extender

Hi Dan, welcome to the forum :)

Can you also make sure your PC is connecting with an automatic IP and not a static one.

Yeah my laptop on both windows and Mac are set on automatic ip and both don't see the netduma router

Ok so after you power cycle netduma you cant access the dashboard of the router?

Yeah that's correct I can't see the netduma page by logging in via (IP and the http://r1login) to the netduma router page it recognises that the Ethernet cable is connected but nothing in regards to the router.

What I will do is post a YouTube video (private) and post it here so you can see if there's something I've done would that be best

• Netduma Staff

No unfortunately I have done that before haha but soon realised the router was compatible on that range so I reverted it back, I changed it over due to the signal being weak on the other side of the house ended up the netduma was better than bt so I'm just going to get a wifi extender

Yeah my laptop on both windows and Mac are set on automatic ip and both don't see the netduma router

Yeah that's correct I can't see the netduma page by logging in via (IP and the http://r1login) to the netduma router page it recognises that the Ethernet cable is connected but nothing in regards to the router.

What I will do is post a YouTube video (private) and post it here so you can see if there's something I've done would that be best

Can you access it on Wifi?

• Netduma Staff

unfortunately not as i turned my wifi off, stupid as it seems i didn't think id need wifi if i am using the wifi from the home hub... wish i hadn't touched anything now

Ok :) Have you maybe turned DHCP off? Are you on windows? if so can you run the command 'ipconfig' in a command window and post the output. Also, in case you have turned off DHCP try setting up then Netduma with a static IP by following the instructions here :)

Ok :) Have you maybe turned DHCP off? Are you on windows? if so can you run the command 'ipconfig' in a command window and post the output. Also, in case you have turned off DHCP try setting up then Netduma with a static IP by following the instructions here :)

Im on mac currently however I've got a windows laptop and it still won't connect via ethernet or wifi i followed the instructions 

Screen_Shot_2015_11_02_at_20_09_25.jpg

although it says connected i still can't get on to the router settings i am completely stuck

BTW thanks to all thats helped so far

• Netduma Staff

Im on mac currently however I've got a windows laptop and it still won't connect via ethernet or wifi i followed the instructions 

Screen_Shot_2015_11_02_at_20_09_25.jpg

although it says connected i still can't get on to the router settings i am completely stuck

BTW thanks to all thats helped so far

It's because the IP you've entered isn't right :)

Can you follow these instructions for Mac.

• Netduma Staff

I have had a read over that and on the MAC bit regarding lights however the light was amber before we gave it a static ip, now its green however it still won't connect

Screen_Shot_2015_11_02_at_22_00_12.jpg

Ok, is it on a static or automatic IP at the moment?

Archived