Xbox One Party Chat Drops

Yes, I can reform chat now without needing to reboot.  The only catch is, I have to turn off/on the geo filter first.  Not that big a deal, considering the amount of reboots I would go through on an average night.  

I have also made two other changes, I have centered my geo filter around my friend rather then around myself, and I have also increased the size of the geo filter, which seems to have had a positive effect.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Ding,

could you go to "Settings > Misc" and have autocloud enabled & bleeding cloud disabled. Then click apply, don't worry if you have these settings already. You may need to flush your cloud. 

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the delayed response.

Just wanted to report back that settings --> misc --> autocloud enable & bleeding cloud disabled -->  apply.  Has no effect.  Like when I clicked apply, the button didnt seem to do anything.  There was no indication the the settings were successfully applied.  Even after untic/tic the autocloud, then apply, still nothing to indicate that it was applied.  Neither did I notice any change with chat dropping.  

One more bizarre behavior I have noticed with chat dropping.  So, at the beginning of the night, the first game I play has to be played with strict off.  If strict is on for the first game, I am guaranteed to lose chat.  But by playing just one game with strict off, then turning it on after that one game seems to work.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Bleeding edge does something it just won't notify you :)

What you said means there is a chat server somewhere that we are blocking. THe new version has IDs available so I'll show you how to identify it for us when that comes out. Thanks mate

Just an FYI to state that Ding Chavez isn't the only one to have this issue. I have also run into chat dropping or not being able to connect with friends. I can't quite pin down what actually fixes it as I've tried many things. I have my friend at 100% (and he shows up on the map) and when we party up sometimes the chat works and other times it doesn't. I've disabled the geofilter, unticked, strict mode, and rebooted the xbox before partying up. I then re enable everything and sometimes it's fine and other times the chat drops after 2 minutes. 

Guest Netduma_Iain

Cheers Alex, there will be a host somewhere that we need to whitelist. We will be able to find it easily on the new version with the IDs mate

Its the issue with the xbox one firmware, i think its the feb update or even way before that.

my friend who doesnt have the netduma experience this problem and I do as well, but not as often as him.

This issue is posted on the Xbox One preview forum.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Interesting knxwledge thanks for sharing,

Alex & Ding can you replicate this with the geo-filter off?

Guest Netduma Fraser

Nope, we with the geofilter off it works fine. It's only with it on that it causes and issue.

Must be that we are missing a chat server, I am doing testing on the Xbox today so I will see if I can chat with someone and find the issue. If anyone wants to help out with that you can add me on Xbl - iG Renegade, let message me letting me know if you want to help :)

Archived