1.02.7 feedback and a few questions

Iain,

I’ve received the router a couple of days ago (ordered on Jan 13th, destination California).

First let me say thank you for greatly improving my gaming experience. I mostly play COD AW, and up until now, the TDM matches would have me going about even (that is around a 1 k/d ratio). After setting up the Netduma router, the first TDM match I played I went 19 & 3 (that just doesn’t happen). Ever since I am always top of the lobby(or a close second). So a big thanks goes out to you and the team!

I’ve also already upgraded to the .7 version and it’s generally great. Here are a few issues I’m running into:

1. show/hide legend selection does not persist when leaving geo filter page and coming back

2. map zoom level & actual zoom position do not persist when leaving geo filter page and coming back.

3. when zooming in, the home location icon as well as the other hosts Icons should not increase in size. right now if I zoom in a lot, the home location icon is huge and covers a big chunk of the map!

4. Once I manually move the home location, is it possible to get it back to its exact original location in any way?

5. lobby booting in strict mode still happens some of the time.

6. internet diagnosis returns ‘terrible’ for every metric even though I have a great internet and gaming experience most of the time. I live in palo alto (close to SF) and not in a rural area in any way. Speedtest.net returns the following stats for me: ping 13ms, download 30Mbs, upload 10Mbs. what could be the reason for this?

7. all devices in the house gladly connect to the new router, except for the Apple TV. It will not connect to the Netduma router no matter what I do. Any Ideas? (I have connected the Netduma to my Comcast router/modem, within its DMZ. haven’t bridged the Comcast router - it still is a wifi spot, though no device now connect to it).

8. question:

I remember that in BO2 (or was it Ghosts?)  they had a counter of how many people were online, and it was always in the six of even seven digit range.

Playing AW, and using Netduma, I can barely see 3-4 hosts available in the whole of California and maybe 10-20 in the whole of the US. Is that not odd?

Thanks,

Roy

Guest Netduma Fraser

Iain,

I’ve received the router a couple of days ago (ordered on Jan 13th, destination California).

First let me say thank you for greatly improving my gaming experience. I mostly play COD AW, and up until now, the TDM matches would have me going about even (that is around a 1 k/d ratio). After setting up the Netduma router, the first TDM match I played I went 19 & 3 (that just doesn’t happen). Ever since I am always top of the lobby(or a close second). So a big thanks goes out to you and the team!

I’ve also already upgraded to the .7 version and it’s generally great. Here are a few issues I’m running into:

1. show/hide legend selection does not persist when leaving geo filter page and coming back

2. map zoom level & actual zoom position do not persist when leaving geo filter page and coming back.

3. when zooming in, the home location icon as well as the other hosts Icons should not increase in size. right now if I zoom in a lot, the home location icon is huge and covers a big chunk of the map!

4. Once I manually move the home location, is it possible to get it back to its exact original location in any way?

5. lobby booting in strict mode still happens some of the time.

6. internet diagnosis returns ‘terrible’ for every metric even though I have a great internet and gaming experience most of the time. I live in palo alto (close to SF) and not in a rural area in any way. Speedtest.net returns the following stats for me: ping 13ms, download 30Mbs, upload 10Mbs. what could be the reason for this?

7. all devices in the house gladly connect to the new router, except for the Apple TV. It will not connect to the Netduma router no matter what I do. Any Ideas? (I have connected the Netduma to my Comcast router/modem, within its DMZ. haven’t bridged the Comcast router - it still is a wifi spot, though no device now connect to it).

8. question:

I remember that in BO2 (or was it Ghosts?)  they had a counter of how many people were online, and it was always in the six of even seven digit range.

Playing AW, and using Netduma, I can barely see 3-4 hosts available in the whole of California and maybe 10-20 in the whole of the US. Is that not odd?

Thanks,

Roy

Hey Roy,

Firstly thanks for purchasing and happy to see you received it. Glad to see youve had such a great experience :)

1 & 2. People have asks us the keep these settings and its on our list to do.

3. Just zoomed in to the max and I see what you mean, good suggestion!

4. Currently the only way is to move it manually yourself back to your original location but thats unlikely to be exact every time. It doesnt have to be super accurate at all, as long as youre within the filter. 

5. Using the “Snap Button” will expand the filter radius to optimum searching locations. This means that you can find games quickly and also find games with low pings. Its the button on the right of the magnifying glass. 

6. http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=id_ping_diagnosticsHave a look at this and see what its coming up with and you can post back with what it says to get a better insight  :)

7. Im not familiar with Apple TV but im sure it has some network settings.

Can you do a network setup on it and make sure its automatic please then see if it can connect. 

If not, check the R1 device manager and make sure its not there, if it is there, make sure its not blocked or something, otherwise delete it, turn off the router, disconnect from the wifi or forget the network on the Apple TV and then turn off the Apple TV. Turn on router, turn on Apple TV.

If not post back :)

8. The number of hosts can vary for lots of reasons. Maybe others can post with how many they see? 

Hope that all helps :)

Thanks for the quick response Fraser.

As for sending you the 'log' of internet diagnostics - the link you shared showed some of the ip's covered with a red line for privacy. Should I do the same and post here, or leave them visible and PM you? 

Guest Netduma Fraser

Thanks for the quick response Fraser.

As for sending you the 'log' of internet diagnostics - the link you shared showed some of the ip's covered with a red line for privacy. Should I do the same and post here, or leave them visible and PM you? 

No problem at all!

I would recommend covering the IPs and posting here so others can give their thoughts and it may help someone in the future :)

Archived