Netduma Dashboard Not Showing Controls

Hey there, I got the Netduma R1 several months ago and have been absolutely loving the features it provides - ;ag has been cut down so significantly since we installed it. Last night, however, my brother brought to my attention a strange issue on our R1: the Congestion Filter (and all other pages with controls) were not loading. They stayed on the loading animation forever, and even the drop down boxes in the Settings menu had no options to pick. I looked around quickly and didn't find any other people reporting this issue. I've also attached a few screenshots to show what I mean. The tiny blue line under the Theme drop down box is all that shows up when I click on it.

Thanks in advance.

post-4562-0-71445200-1445984023_thumb.png

post-4562-0-43512600-1445984030_thumb.png

What browser are you using?  It looks like Chrome, but I want to be certain.  Some browsers (i.e. internet explorer) seem to have issues.

I also noticed that you are using firmware version 1.03.3.  The latest is 1.03.4.  I suggest updating to the latest version.  

http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=manual_update

What browser are you using?  It looks like Chrome, but I want to be certain.  Some browsers (i.e. internet explorer) seem to have issues.

I also noticed that you are using firmware version 1.03.3.  The latest is 1.03.4.  I suggest updating to the latest version.  

http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=manual_update

Yes, that is Chrome. I have also tried doing a manual update using that guide, but after several seconds it tells me the upgrade failed with exitcode 2. I have read around that some people on older firmware versions also got this and completely bricked their R1 after manually unplugging the power from the unit, but others have said that 1.0.2.7 fixed this issue. I'm still skeptical about whether I should do this, though.

Have you tried giving the router a reboot? :)

Yes, I have tried using the Software Reboot and Factory Reset buttons several times. The Factory Reset doesn't seem to actually reset any settings, from what I could see.

I'm considering following the unbricking guide on the Wiki to forcibly reset the unit to its factory defaults (since this is what some people said to do in this situation). Other users with the same symptoms have simply had their issues resolved 'through PM', which doesn't really help me troubleshoot the issue :/

Nevertheless, thanks for your quick replies!

Try Firefox or clear chrome's cache to rule out a browser issue.

1. In the top-right corner of Chrome, click the Chrome menu
  2. Select More tools > Clear browsing data.
  3. In the dialog that appears, select the checkboxes for the types of information that you want to remove (cache).
  4. Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data that you want to delete. Select beginning of time to delete everything.
  5. Click Clear browsing data.

Archived