Enough is enough

Hi Airwalker - This is a request that will have to go to the Netduma staff directly.  I believe they have all about gone home and powered down for the day, but I will note this thread and get you someone as soon as they are available.

JD

advanced warfare is a terrible game i thought people realize this months ago if your still playing that crap everyday plz stop playing it  the netduma is doing its job the game and servers suck

Ok, I've tried all the settings and done everything that has been recommended in these forums but still I keep connecting to the same lagged out dedicated server. I hardly ever connect to hosts that I have given a good rating.

Netduma, your marketing was very good and I fell for it, but now I want my money back please.

Just because you have given host good ratings does not mean you will get put on that host, netduma has no control over that at all, if the game wants to put you on a dedicated server it will. The only thing netduma can have control over is how far of a server/host (plus blocked hosts) you connect to! Which means lower ping so the netduma does just what it says it will do. Its the games servers, bad netcode and mostly other people's connection ruining yours! The only thing you can do is make your connection the best it possibly can be on your end and you won't be able to do that better with anything other than the netduma fact!

Ok, I've tried all the settings and done everything that has been recommended in these forums but still I keep connecting to the same lagged out dedicated server.  I hardly ever connect to hosts that I have given a good rating.

Netduma, your marketing was very good and I fell for it, but now I want my money back please.

Give the router a chance before you give up on it.

First off if you keep connecting to the same dedi,move your home location so you don't pick up that dedi on your GF.

And as far as connecting to hosts you gave a good rating to,that only works...1-if that host is online and 2 if matchmaking puts you with that host.You can't pick which server you get put on but you can limit the distance that the duma will search for a game from your location.Which will lead to lower ping games and more stable connections.Let's be honest the dedi's suck on AW. 

And also remember the duma can't control who else connects to the dedi your on.If your playing on a dedi in illinois and you have 3 people from Brazil connected to the same dedi your game play will suffer due to their high ping.The duma can't fix a poorly coded game but it can and will give you the most optimal gaming experience for your location.Don't believe me try it with the GF on,get into a game with the GF off and then after the game starts pop the GF on and see where the host is.I do this and find the host is in South America thousands of miles away during a lot of games.

Another suggestion is to play older titles,BO1,BO2,MW3,Ghosts all play very well with the duma,give them a try.But I would avoid AW as IMO it's complete ass.

And make sure you have the duma set up to optimize your connection,maybe do a one on one with someone so they can make sure it's set up properly.

First off if you keep connecting to the same dedi,move your home location so you don't pick up that dedi on your GF.

I see this posted all the time. Won't that essentially make your ping higher as you are moving your home on the R1, but not really moving the location of the R1?

Give the router a chance before you give up on it.

And as far as connecting to hosts you gave a good rating to,that only works...1-if that host is online and 2 if matchmaking puts you with that host.You can't pick which server you get put on but you can limit the distance that the duma will search for a game from your location.Which will lead to lower ping games and more stable connections.Let's be honest the dedi's suck on AW. 

And also remember the duma can't control who else connects to the dedi your on.If your playing on a dedi in illinois and you have 3 people from Brazil connected to the same dedi your game play will suffer due to their high ping.The duma can't fix a poorly coded game but it can and will give you the most optimal gaming experience for your location.Don't believe me try it with the GF on,get into a game with the GF off and then after the game starts pop the GF on and see where the host is.I do this and find the host is in South America thousands of miles away during a lot of games.

Another suggestion is to play older titles,BO1,BO2,MW3,Ghosts all play very well with the duma,give them a try.But I would avoid AW as IMO it's complete ass.

And make sure you have the duma set up to optimize your connection,maybe do a one on one with someone so they can make sure it's set up properly.

The problem is that I move my home location completely outside the range of the dedi that I keep connecting, I even moved my location to another country and still got connected to it even though its outside my geofilter range and I have PA=0 and strict mode enabled!!

Also, the main game I play is MW3, I don't play AW.  I understand that netduma cannot control matching making but I was led to believe that I could set the distance limit of servers that I want to connect to.  I just want to be able to not connect to that dedicated server that is somewhere in the south east of the UK.

• Administrators

I see this posted all the time. Won't that essentially make your ping higher as you are moving your home on the R1, but not really moving the location of the R1?

Your home location doesn't need to be super accurate, in some cases you can get better games on hosts that aren't in your immediate area i.e. Europe instead of UK for example sometimes

• Administrators

The problem is that I move my home location completely outside the range of the dedi that I keep connecting, I even moved my location to another country and still got connected to it even though its outside my geofilter range and I have PA=0 and strict mode enabled!!

Also, the main game I play is MW3, I don't play AW.  I understand that netduma cannot control matching making but I was led to believe that I could set the distance limit of servers that I want to connect to.  I just want to be able to not connect to that dedicated server that is somewhere in the south east of the UK.

Respond to my PM so we can set up a 1 on 1 and see what is happening

It might raise your ping a little but in my experience,if my ping goes from 25 ms to 40 -50 ms but my games are better then i'll take that anyday.

Some games I get 20-25 ping and it plays terrible and some games my ping is 50 plus and the hit detection is right on,if you figure it out let me know... ;)

I live in Southern California. Today I moved my home location to Iowa. I set Ping Assist to 0 and Strict Mode On. Hit Snap button 3 times to increase Geo Filter range to 1,156 miles. CC is set to 75% up and down. Played AW on the Xbox One for an hour and got host almost every game. My base ping is about 10ms to 17ms.

I suppose there are more people online today and playing p2p is better on AW but this device works. One must be patient and continue testing until you find that sweet spot. Today, for me it was placing my home in Iowa.

All the best!

I live in Southern California. Today I moved my home location to Iowa. I set Ping Assist to 0 and Strict Mode On. Hit Snap button 3 times to increase Geo Filter range to 1,156 miles. CC is set to 75% up and down. Played AW on the Xbox One for an hour and got host almost every game. My base ping is about 10ms to 17ms.

I suppose there are more people online today and playing p2p is better on AW but this device works. One must be patient and continue testing until you find that sweet spot. Today, for me it was placing my home in Iowa.

All the best!

I too live in SoCal. Was wondering, why Iowa?

Im not disputing that netduma does not work, when it works it is great. I get K/d of around 19-3 per game when connected to a good host.

but 80-90% of the time I get connected to that dedicated server which has horrendous lag for me, the kinda lag where u instantly die.  Before using netduma my worst games where when people from europe (france, sweden norway germany holland etc) were in the game - so I bought netduma to try and avoid the rest of europe. I'm in uk -  but as I said,if it wasnt for always getting that dedi, then it would be great

the ping to that dedi is over 150ms even though my PA is 0 and strict mode is enabled and the distance to the dedi is over 7000KM. so how am I connecting to it when my geofilter is on the lowest possible range..?

anyways, I'll wait see if things improve once netduma check out my setup.

I too live in SoCal. Was wondering, why Iowa?

I play early morning and rarely find games in So Cal. But because people are up on the East Coast I find more games that way, P2P that is.

Im not disputing that netduma does not work, when it works it is great. I get K/d of around 19-3 per game when connected to a good host.

but 80-90% of the time I get connected to that dedicated server which has horrendous lag for me, the kinda lag where u instantly die. Before using netduma my worst games where when people from europe (france, sweden norway germany holland etc) were in the game - so I bought netduma to try and avoid the rest of europe. I'm in uk - but as I said,if it wasnt for always getting that dedi, then it would be great

the ping to that dedi is over 150ms even though my PA is 0 and strict mode is enabled and the distance to the dedi is over 7000KM. so how am I connecting to it when my geofilter is on the lowest possible range..?

anyways, I'll wait see if things improve once netduma check out my setup.

Dude I definitely feel what your saying, that south UK dedi can be a pita some days and others not. And I'm in the UK too. All I can say is keep on and don't give up.

I think the trouble with online gaming is there isn't any one stop solution to it, there are so many variables, but when it is working its so sweet, but when it's not its frustrating and brings you down.

It's just a case of consistency across the board! I think to myself when play AW sometimes ("hope this don't sound wrong") I am playing on a UK server why can't all the other dudes be playing from the UK too? Then its fair but then you hear all the other accents and you know they are possibly not and then you get murdered every time by the same one or two guys because it feels like they are bullet sponges! It's a killer.

On the flipside though if you have buddies from other countries that you play with and they are in your party then you have to be connecting through a server on your side or on theirs which could potentially mean one of you is going to suffer or benefit. I don't know if its possible but it would be cool if it didn't have to be that way and the experience was equal for all.

Good luck with your setup man :) and even if you get mw3 working right, there are some real good tips above that may solve problems for other titles should you find any :)

Archived