just wondering

this question is for lain luke and fraser

i used to be on adsl2 last year

on adsl there was a profile setting your isp could change called fastpath profile

it used to turn of interleaved 

it was great for gaming

there was for me 4 profiles i could select out of

15db     12db     9db      6db

since now im on fttc fiber optic  i was told that these profiles dont exist on fiber optic

i remembe reading ages ago that we could buy a router that could do it ourseleves in setings

i just wandered if the preemptive  or reactive settings are somthing simillar to it

i hope i made sence

There is no profiles with fibre if the line see drops or you power cycle to many times DLM will put interleaving on the line.

If you are lucky enough to be on a Huawei cabinet they have G.inp which is on the fly error correction instead of constant interleaving.

Cabinet types

The Netduma has no control over fastpath or interleaving only BT's DLM / G.inp can change that.

I have dlm active on my line at the minute but I'm on the new huwaie cabs and my connection is currently brilliant,I reset my hub and unplugged a few times cleaning behind my tv cabinet and it activated dlm but it's been awesome.I had sky pro broadband where you could choose you're own profile and went with the 9db it was super smooth and I had less issues with that than I have had fibre.

Archived