Update Delay

Netduma Iain

• Administrators

Cheers everyone!  The bug I'm stuck on is such a pain I think it's the actual hardware level but when I get to the bottom of it I'm sure the throughput will be through the roof.

The upcoming months should be so sick with all the games coming out :D

Sorry legit, wish I could get it done faster but reading these hardware datasheets is such a slow & painful process. 

@ Iain I think that Fraser and myself should test the anti jitter feature out.

Come on when you tell someone... Fraser and Fuzzy are beta testing the anti jitter feature it just sounds cool... :D

Thank you Iain for taking a brief moment and informing the community, this is just what we needed.

@ Iain I think that Fraser and myself should test the anti jitter feature out.

Come on when you tell someone... Fraser and Fuzzy are beta testing the anti jitter feature it just sounds cool... :D

Maybe, when it's more towards a more polished functioning beta than maybe it'll be ready, until then sit tight like the rest of us!

Thank you Iain for taking a brief moment and informing the community, this is just what we needed.

Maybe, when it's more towards a more polished functioning beta than maybe it'll be ready, until then sit tight like the rest of us!

Yeah it was a joke and aren't you one of the guys who's always wanting the updates pushed out earlier... ;)

Was just teasing, everyone is eager to get their hands on these updates... the duma fiends

Yeah I kinda figured so as I am a duma fiend too with a serious jitter issue... :D

Iain,

Thanks for the update. I totally agree with your approach of staged releases; at least next time you will be better at estimating. The upside is you will have some solid core foundations in the code to build upon in the future as you refine. Those who think just throwing money and resources at it will speed it up software development are not familiar with the man mythical month.

At least we all know the order of updates, (1) faster downloads (2) anti jitter (3) bandwidth control; and we just do not know the timeframe, like yourself at this point. I do not envy you debugging at the hardware level. Enjoy. :P

Gamers are just naturally impatient. So have you finished it yet? :lol:

Sim

maybe it is enough for the R1  to target 400-500 Mbps with the fancy filtering instead of the  900 which is the theoretical unfiltered maximum for this platform according to routerboard. 

another option is to decline R1 into a R2 capable of 1Gbp+ , could be based of this platform : 

CCR1009-8G-1S-1S+PC http://routerboard.com/CCR1009-8G-1S-1SplusPC

this way you create 2 segments and there is people wanting such a sized router given that there is people paying 300$ for custom controllers.. 

maybe it is enough for the R1  to target 400-500 Mbps with the fancy filtering instead of the  900 which is the theoretical unfiltered maximum for this platform according to routerboard. 

another option is to decline R1 into a R2 capable of 1Gbp+ , could be based of this platform : 

CCR1009-8G-1S-1S+PC http://routerboard.com/CCR1009-8G-1S-1SplusPC

this way you create 2 segments and there is people wanting such a sized router given that there is people paying 300$ for custom controllers.. 

i would be rather pissed off if an r2 released so soon after sepnding a fortune on a r1 lol

unless there was a sizable discount for existing r1 users.

$300 for a control pad, madness!

For me its a case of i just want the speed i pay my isp to have, it has gigabyte ports it should be able to use them, 400 to 500 would be well within that range yes but futureproofing is never bad

i would be rather pissed off if an r2 released so soon after sepnding a fortune on a r1 lol

unless there was a sizable discount for existing r1 users.

$300 for a control pad, madness!

For me its a case of i just want the speed i pay my isp to have, it has gigabyte ports it should be able to use them, 400 to 500 would be well within that range yes but futureproofing is never bad

In this day and age and in my experience, in the tech world the term "future proofing" should be used very lightly as the future is usually just a few months away :P

$300 Dollars, what does it do! play the games for ya lol probably has a built in dual core cpu and is liquid cooled :P and i thought £75 quid for a custom one was expensive enough, and i didn't even buy that! i might get it for valentines if im lucky

Archived