Congestion control % 30/5mbit? 70% or lower?

mxHOLGE

I wonder what's the best setting is for me on Congestion control. I know that 70% is recommended. I always play with 60ms and a second behind loosing many gunfights COD games.. It's really bad and boring/rage quit! (Live in Sweden and the host is always in NL/UK)

I've tried different settings but nothing seems to help me..

(30mbit down and 5mbit up)

Any suggestions?

Hello there.

Since the new cloud update I can see and have once connected to it a dedicated server in I think Denmark or somewhere around there. Have you seen it? so this forms another question are you using auto cloud and bleeding edge?

Also what are your Internet Diagnostic readings?

I have not changed the auto cloud and bleeding edge, but it check if they are on/ticked (i'm at work now but i will be home soon)

I have never tested Internet Diagnostic.. I belive that i'm running the 1.03.4.

I've seen that Denmark has a dediserver but i've never been able to connect to it. I always connect to Amsterdam. I have been a Netduma owner almost since the beginning :) 

Run few games and tell us if you can see that dedi a lot closer to you. As like week ago or 2 there was a big cloud update and since then i have been seeing it.

• Administrators

Okay you don't need the peer ping option enabled for AW which is why I asked. 

I don't believe there are any dedicated servers in Denmark unfortunately. You could try moving your home location to elsewhere in Europe to see if you can find a better host

Oh I see and no where near that area? As i have seen one it was the frist game on my stream hmmm... Maybe its somwhere around there i will try to find it today maybe just mis located one.

Okay you don't need the peer ping option enabled for AW which is why I asked. 

I don't believe there are any dedicated servers in Denmark unfortunately. You could try moving your home location to elsewhere in Europe to see if you can find a better host

Ok

I have spent like 1.3 H switching between games and game modes trying to connect to that host but no success. Sorry buddy if I come a cross it in a future will take a not of that.

Did that cloud udpate improved you gaming?

No, still 99% Amsterdam dediserver. Yesterday i played maybe 15 matches. It was no fun..

I have this big disadvantage with 60ms (yeah its noticeable). This is something that we have been used to since years back...

So i still wonder what the best settings is for me in the Congestion Control. I have no fun playing anymore. Using Netduma, Xim4(latest firmware), logitech G502, sweet monitor... I really can't buy more stuff to make my experience better. Sort of frustrating. 

Set your geo so it misses out the Amsterdam server and set your ping assist to 0 so it does not connect out side the geo and set your bandwidth in congestion control with sliders set to 70% each way.

I've already tested that. Does'nt work, I will not connect to any host if i do that. Amsterdam and UK is the closest host for me...

I believe that with 70% will make the opponents kill me faster.... I've tried 10-50% sometimes but i really don't know what's the best for me when i always have 60ms ping..

And i'm the only one using the bandwidth at home...

• Administrators

Move your location more into Eastern Europe and block out the UK, I think there are a few potential hosts that way that you may be able to get. 

I would recommend 70%, even web browsing can cause spikes that may throw off your game slightly

I get the same experience with UK players and they also connects to Amsterdam. I always check the Geo filter before the game starts.

There are barely other dedis that are connectable... Searching for host could take forever...

There are more chance for me to get better ping if there will not be dedis in B03....

Archived