Avoid dedicated servers, Host every single game, Have fun.

Sgt-Greco

First off let me share with you guys, that yesterday I had a blast with Black Ops 2. It was something amazing I've never experienced before. 

I hosted EVERY SINGLE GAME during all my gaming session. The picture below shows my connection status which remained the same game after game.

12167825_528059664042765_83635989_n.jpg

I've been trying for months to find a way to avoid laggy dedicated servers. For me (living in Southern Europe) connecting to a server in middle or Northern Europe is a disaster.  I can't compete with the other guys, as I'm always a split second behind.

But last night, things changed dramatically . I had the best games of my short BO2 carrer :)

As you may already know, dedicated servers (yellow circles)  are scattered around the world as shown in the picture bellow .

dedicated%20severs-SUGGEST.jpg

This is what you have to do:

step 1:

- party with a friend (one is enough)

step 2:

- search for a game, positioning your GF in a dedi server-free area. I have marked green circles for Europe and North America as an example

step 3:

- set your PA a little lower than the lowest value you can get a dedicated server. For example if you've noticed that the lowest ping you get a server is 50, set it to 45.

step 4:

- Wait for the FIRST game to end regardless you have a good or bad connection.

step 5:

- As soon as the First game ends, stay in the lobby waiting for the next one and watch carefully for the "finding new host" message during the matchmaking.

- If you take host, it'll remain that way in the next consecutive games.

The above method worked 100% for me, and  I was the host in every single game ever after, so I suppose "it just happened or placebo" are ruled out.

Hope this is not considered cheating or something.

Good luck and let me know what do you think

Greco

I think this is a cool workaround, though, I remember the days of taking host back in Halo 2 so your mods could be the active ones lol. The only problem is that if everyone does this, nobody can do this effectively. I wonder who would win if two people tried this in the same lobby...

Sorry, you're right. I updated the OP. Find a PA value that won't get you a server. I think the correct word is threshold. (sorry English is not my native lang).

Don't forget to wait and the most important, party with a friend. Did you play in a party?

i never see all those dedis when i turn on bo2 or aw 

Yeah kevo they only come on for me when I first enable my GF,all of them anyway.But during the course of gaming different one's will pop up on the map,but only get all of them right off the bat.

Has anyone tried this with 0 ping assist? If so maybe worth trying?

I always set PA to zero but again I'm about 80 actual miles from the dedi bank in Illinois.

• 1 month later...

Method worked for me last night, but finding games was very hard. It seems to me that dedis took over the entire game (unfortunately) .

Iain, Fraser, I'm under the impression that "strict mode", is way too strict. I don't know how it works, and maybe I'm saying silly things, but is there any way to "loosen it up" a little? 

Archived