Metal gear solid 5

kinel

I just bought metal gear 5 online   today for ps4

Will this game be supported with the duma 

As of now it dosent work for me i keep getting put into games where my ping is 250 ms

This game is brilliant just no good with duma at moment

• Administrators

I didn't even know it had online! We can look into supporting it, I'm going to make a list of games to support/notes on each one and do 1 on 1s with people to get these up and running. PM me and we can set up a 1 on 1 for this

• 2 months later...

I sent you a pm earlier i hope you got it as i not sure if i did it right

I've got it, thanks!

Hey guys, did you manage to get the game supported?

I've just bought the Netduma, hoping it'll arrive today and will be using it for MGO on the PS4.

Once it has been released, will also want to test MGO on Steam (Already got the base game, but MGO on PC only releases sometime in January)

Not resigning to failure just yet, but manually setting the geo filter doesn't seem to help much because just about every host i've found happens to be in Japan.

And holy crap the ping is absurd

HW9Jac7.png

Happy for the win, but damn that was not a fun game to play  -_-

Fgu9gUE.jpg

We never did as it was my fault

As i never took up fraser  invitre sorry 

As i borrowed the game to my bro but i never got it back 

The same was with me i was always connected to a dedi in japan with real terrrible pings

Somtimes i got games when it choosed me as host it run great 

That fame was so good i thoough the online part

I have to get the game back

Just to add; the geo blocking(blocking connections from outside the Netduma designated area) works very well.

All connections from outside my designated zone are blocked from entering.

Disappointed that it can't be used to kick people who are in the game in between matches*, but you can't have everything. :P

*What I mean is once a match ends, before the next one begins, use the region blocker to get rid of any high pinged individual.

The frustrating thing here is that if I host a game myself, I have to include Japan so that people can start flooding the match. If I do not include Japan, nobody will come into the server as it's empty. I was hoping that once people started coming in, I could filter out specific regions before a new match begins(When teams are being divided) 

that would have been real handy, though I can understand how it'll be abused to kick people during a match.

• Administrators

This kind of makes sense as it is a game made in Japan if I am not mistaken? It seems there focus was more on the single player and hence didn't try to get servers in other parts of the world combine that with low population that doesn't help. 

Yeah that would be against our anti-cheat policy. In our 1 on 1 though I can take a look :)

This kind of makes sense as it is a game made in Japan if I am not mistaken? It seems there focus was more on the single player and hence didn't try to get servers in other parts of the world combine that with low population that doesn't help. 

Yeah that would be against our anti-cheat policy. In our 1 on 1 though I can take a look :)

the multiplayer was actually developed in LA, but that team made a complete mess of it (as hardcore a fan I am of the series, many of their decisions during development/launch were appalling...they even omitted stuff that was included in previous iterations of MGO!)

Now Konami (in a move that actually benefits gamers, surprisingly.lol) has moved development back in-house to Japan.

They've been making a lot of great improvements to the game recently and even have a weekly(!) changelog.

As for the lack of players, I don't think it's got much to do with where the game's from but more because of the initial launch-plenty of people were, and still are, put off by how some simple stuff that most, if not ALL current gen shooters do that MGO does not in any way get right.

Anyway, we'll see how it goes tomorrow.

I've an elgato hd60 game capture card hooked up to my consoles, so i can show you what happens in game during the tests,(while you look at my screen)

I think it'll be a better way for you to see how the game works without actually having to play it.

Archived