Your Netduma UK settings?

DominationGOD

Hi all,

Firstly I want to thank the Netduma team for making such a good product and secondly for there truly amazing tech support. :)  TY Guys

I was just wondering what people living in the UK running version 7 have there Geo Filter and ping assist set to and there experiences so far.

I have found since version 7, that if I set my Geo Filter to 1000km and ping assist to 50ms that on the whole my games are super smooth.

I would say that I seem to be consistently connecting to the same host in France, which I assume is a dedicated server but it has a stable 25ms ping and the games are great.

Anybody else with different settings?

Loving the Netduma Voodoo Magic!!

Guest Netduma_Iain

Thanks DominationGod, I know you're asking other customers so sorry for butting in. But can I suggest you guys post screenshots of your Geo-Filter setup to assist each other further. To attach a picture just click "More Reply Options" the bottom right when you post. Then click the attach button.

Cheers!

Most of the time i set my geo to circle the uk and Ireland only with a ping of 30ms.

If i struggle to find a game i press the snap button that takes my into northern Euope.

duma set up HF.jpg

I run mine fairly tight. Mine is solely for Halo and I pick up the dedicated servers in Dublin and Amsterdam plus player hosts from UK / Amsterdam.

PA off in picture but normally at 30ms.

Connections are great and I do ok on Halo :)

post-161-0-78760600-1422982963_thumb.png

Guest Netduma Fraser

I normally use strict mode and filter set to less than 1000km, covering the UK and usually get a nice game lower than 25 ping :D

Certainly is :)

Reminds me of the old PC days when ADSL and cable were competing. Who remembers an ISP Blueyonder for cable? Back in the days those Blueyonder guys would join a lobby and have like 10ms ping compared to my early ADSL of 50ms from N.Ireland.

Guest Netduma_Iain

10ms, that is pretty much LAN. Naaaaaice

I vaguely remember Blueyonder, back in tiscalli days with those fat modems

I have mine set to about 350km from the middle of Britain with 50MS ping assist.

I find that with strict mode on I get dumped out of lobbies frequently after hosts leave and it struggles to put me in a lobby, I then turn off strict mode to get back into lobbies and turn it back on.

I've found my games a lot more enjoyable with those settings.

I am on 5oMb BT Infinity.

I'm based in the Hertfordshire and have it to around 1000km, I still find from the first day I used the Netduma, it just hasn't been as beneficial and I can't work out why. I've tried settings to 700KM-1000KM.

Have Ping Assist at 45-50.

Will try more then 1000KM tonight to see if getting a better ping helps out. Can't put my finger on the changes, but feel like it's gone a bit back to how it was before the netduma!

Guest Netduma Fraser

I'm based in the Hertfordshire and have it to around 1000km, I still find from the first day I used the Netduma, it just hasn't been as beneficial and I can't work out why. I've tried settings to 700KM-1000KM.

Have Ping Assist at 45-50.

Will try more then 1000KM tonight to see if getting a better ping helps out. Can't put my finger on the changes, but feel like it's gone a bit back to how it was before the netduma!

Hey Belloni, I recommend giving these a read and see if theres anything in there that can help :)

http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=gf_getting_started

http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=gf_ping_assist

The whole point of the router is that we give you control, if you don't like the host you can move your home location to avoid it, it doesn't have to be over your home when searching :)

Hi all,

Firstly I want to thank the Netduma team for making such a good product and secondly for there truly amazing tech support. :)  TY Guys

I was just wondering what people living in the UK running version 7 have there Geo Filter and ping assist set to and there experiences so far.

I have found since version 7, that if I set my Geo Filter to 1000km and ping assist to 50ms that on the whole my games are super smooth.

I would say that I seem to be consistently connecting to the same host in France, which I assume is a dedicated server but it has a stable 25ms ping and the games are great.

Anybody else with different settings?

Loving the Netduma Voodoo Magic!!

I'm seriously playing on 494km and 28ms PA. I increase it late at night becasue i just cant find a lobby to play in at 4am! lmao! I have good connection in most cases but every now and again I lag tons in game for a few mins then get kicked from the game? Dont know if thats my fault or not with my settings, but it's a god send to not have to play in a lag infested game! As a rule, no matter who the host is during any game I connect to my ping is below 20ms! (Just wish I wasn't a timmy no-thumbs) ;) haha

Guys, I really love the zoom feature on the gio-filter, but as I said in my comment above, I'm playing within a very small radius! Any chance the zoom level can be increased to at least double the size it is? Would be great to see EXACTLY whats going on ;) Maybe in the next update for tight-asses like myself! hehe

Guest Netduma Fraser

Guys, I really love the zoom feature on the gio-filter, but as I said in my comment above, I'm playing within a very small radius! Any chance the zoom level can be increased to at least double the size it is? Would be great to see EXACTLY whats going on ;) Maybe in the next update for tight-asses like myself! hehe

What zoom factor are you on? You can change it up to 15x :D

My geo-filter is set to uk and ireland and pa to 50ms, I mostly get connected to a dedi 0km from my location, pinging between 10ms and 15ms, cant believe the reactions of some cod players, I mean i average between 100ms and 150ms on reaction tests and i cant even finish the aim animation and im dead lol. Going to take a while to get used to the speed of the game. I think it was where Ghosts was so slow paced and boring ;)

got mine around 300km middle of Uk with 30pin

don't have strict mode on but might try that as most have it on

only issue i have i play early in morning after 5am and hard to get games based on them settings, have to adjust on the fly

Guest Netduma Fraser

That's awesome that you get a game at 300km with that ping. :)

Yeah, give it go with strict mode on and let us know.

It's good that you adjust it on the fly we want you to be in control as much as possible. :)

Guest Netduma_Iain

AFF that will be the time of day & you're filtering being too small. But that is exactly the purpose of disabling strict mode :) 

AFF that will be the time of day & you're filtering being too small. But that is exactly the purpose of disabling strict mode :)

yeh i thought that

i tried it at around 6pm with that mode and got a game but in the morning forget about it, i disable it

love the feature of just been able to log on the ip and change things on the fly and then get a game etc :)

just need the page loading on iphone a bit better :)

Archived