netduma lags alot

Got mine yesterday, been tinkering and watching every video possible since and before and every single cod game I play I lag bad.

Can someone help I'm about to switch back to my tp link router.

I have 120 mb download, 12 mb up 19 ms ping last time I checked, usually the highest would be 30, I am wired directly to the netduma via a cat 6 cable. I have geo filter set to pretty much the states , I tried just the northeast last night around 9pm as thats where I am and could not get into a game. Ping assist at 52.

Help

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, first off, welcome to the forum.  I think we can probably get you squared away, but we will need some further information from you.

The speeds indicated were run before or after getting the Duma?

What platform and games have you tried?

I assume you are located in the NE US, based on your post, but knowing the general area will help assist folks to offer some setting they have found that worked for them.

Let's see if we can't get you set up correctly and then see how you do.

Hey secretface.  Welcome to the Duma Army.  I just wanted to let you know 19ms -30ms lag is really pretty good from my perspective.  What was your lag before?  I'm not a expert or anything...just wanted to let you know  those numbers are really good.

I'm right outside Philly. Xbox one and playing aw. At major I changed my Gt to TheSirLagalot because of my lag(10 bullets to kill, one to die) As for speed testing the numers I gave are before after the netduma ping and upload mostly the same but download won't crack 100 on either algorithm

• Administrators

The new upgrade will get your full speeds. Make sure you upgrade to the current version http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=manual_updatealso go to settings > miscellaneous tick auto & bleeding edge cloud and apply, that should get you some more games, let us know how you get on after that

the Pope visit is causing your lag!  I know a bad joke.  I don't mean to make light of your situation.  I'm sure the Duma team will get you straightened out.  I'm stoked when my ping is in the 20's  doesn't happen too often, but I don't play a lot of AW.  I purchased the Duma for the network management aspects

Okay, AW on Xbox One - Now we have a frame of reference to work with and I see Fraser has been by already.  

I'm not an AW guy, nor am I anywhere near the most knowledgeable dude here, so I will bow out humbly and turn you over to the shining stars of Duma Support (love those guys :D).

ok so after the update at speedtest 19ms ping, 126.84 mb download and 12.20mb upload .

guess Ill go and try and see how bad the lag is.

19ms is a great ping.  Even if you get a game at double that, you will be faster than most players in any given lobby.

I would also go to Settings>Misc and select auto cloud and bleeding edge. Then click apply cloud settings. This way all your servers will be up to date. Sorry I think Fraser already hit on this.

• Netduma Staff

I appreciate that it might be frustrating that you're lagging but you've not really given Netduma a fair chance to sort out your problem to be going around other threads  saying that it doesn't work...

Can you post the information from here please and hopefully it explains why you might be lagging.

• Netduma Staff

Perhaps my post in the general off topic is in the wrong place. Is there someone here that can help? I'm not feeling good about this thing or support right now

I've merged your two threads and moved the original one to the right place :)

Netduma support if from 10am-6pm GMT Monday to Friday so they might be slower to respond outside of these times.

Can you post the information from here as that will speed up the process.

Archived