(HELP) My Ping is always 3...

ohLupi

Basically all my Advanced Warfare period I played on a wired connection, wired to my router (TPLINK). Today I just got my netdouma and connected it and everything, but when I came to play AW I always find myself on a 3 bar, when before i was always on a 4 and never had lag, unlike now. My geofilter and everything is set but I can't seem to understand why I am lagging with the netdouma and its first marketing scheme is DominateLag... If someone can help me or something would be great because I can't kill anyone. Below you see a pic of my location, yes its in the middle of the ocean so therefore I try to put my home button somewhere in Italy which isn't so far away from Malta. Due to me having so much ocean and not land round me I find trouble finding games and trouble getting a 4 bar when before this was never an issue. (THE SMALL DOT UNDER SICILY IS WHERE I LIVE). 

post-4182-0-79100500-1442520115_thumb.png

• Administrators

Hey, thanks for purchasing, great to see you've received it. Please follow http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=fine_tune_netdumainitially to get set up. I would also recommend upgrading to the latest version if you're not on it already which is 1.03.4 (you can check your version at the bottom of any page on the R1) http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=manual_update 

I would also try putting your ping assist to 0 and going to settings > miscellaneous and ticking and applying auto&bleeding edge cloud.

Let us know how you get on with that and welcome to the forum :)

Thanks for the reply!

I did all of the above you mentioned and I went trough the start up guide and I completed it. Now one last question, since I live in Malta and I have the sea round me... When I set the home on my country and put the radius up to 1km I do not get that much coverage of land, just Italy, and Africa and therefore I take forever to find a game. Yes I am unlucky I don't live in the Netherlands where I have 10 neighboring countries. Should I set the home on Malta or it wont make that much of a difference if I set it in Italy and keeping Malta withing the radius of 1km. 

I don't know what is best to do.

Thanks,

Julian!

Last but not least, I am thinking of upgrading my connection because at the moment I have 30download and 1.5up, increasing my download to a 100 will result in me having a way better connection due to my netdouma or there will be a minor difference so I see if it is worth upgrading or not.

Thanks,

Julian :)

Hello Fraser again, After me setting the new settings and playing a game of AW everything seemed fine until a few moments later the above settings didn't work and I am the only one on a 3bar in the whole lobby of 4 bars... This never used to happen to me before. Any other solutions to solve this problem. (Yes I have retested my router.)

Buddy the internet diagnostics( this is what you actually used on on duma) shows you ISP(internet service provider) line sort of quality.

Now those results shows a very bad line.

Are you sure you had no lag before the duma?

This is something that your ISP can fix not you

First i would test it few times on a different times of a day to confirm the results.

And of course keep the record of it.

Whats is you physical setup?

You suggest me I call my ISP and tell them the situation and move on from there. Thanks for your help!

If there is any other way to improve this from within the netdouma, please let me know.

I will let you know on what they tell me tomorrow morning. 

Thanks a lot! :)

Appreciate it and talk soon,

Julian

Wait just a second i would first talk to them about issues you are having dont move on form the yet.

Tell the that you ping is SPIKING FORM 30 TO 300 MS and that you have a lot of jittery and very high pings of like 300 ms

Archived