Dillinger

Greetings - Been an addicted Call of Duty gamer for about 3 years now and have run the gambit of losing, badly, to now inflicting heavy losses on the enemy.  I live in the Pacific Northwest, United States, just outside Seattle.  I do work in software development, but it is neither very interesting outside my company, nor do I work for MSFT or Amazon.  ;)

I qualify for a Pay-to-Win tag in that I do have a Scuf, a Benq monitor and good internet.  I do okay, holding about a 2.0 K/D on two consoles (360 and PS3) for Black Ops and Black Ops 2.  I have a 1.04 K/D in AW, but the lag is atrocious with the skill based match making and I am not even "gud", as I am reminded by every 350 hour played try-hard in the lobby between games.  :(

My biggest complaint has always been "why can't we have a REGIONAL playlist"?  The Seattle, and surrounding, area is LOADED with gamers.  Everyone I work with has at least two titles of games in rotation at any time.  Why am I constantly thrown into lobbies from Mexico, South America, Japan and occasionally the Eu?

When I saw this product on Charlie Intel, it took about 30 minutes of reading and watching a couple of videos to order one up, and thankfully, I got in under the wire.  :ph34r:  :D   Mine is in transit, to my office as I expected to have to sign for it, and I CAN NOT WAIT!  

Thank you guys so much for making a turn key product like this one!  If this product would only allow me to reject games that were hosted 5,000 miles away, I still would have bought it.  With all the cool features it has, I almost feel like I have an unfair advantage for a change.

I am sure I will have questions, so I thought I would join early, post when I can help and build a rapport with you folks.

I'll update the common thread of user experience once it gets here and let you know how it works from the West Coast of the USA.  I suspect there will be a TON of traffic from my neck of the woods when word gets out.  

Thanks again and congrats on the successful release!

JD

Guest Netduma_Iain

Thanks so much for the kind words and purchasing our router. I can't wait to get your feedback from the west coast. Its so cool to see people round the world using it. Just see'ing the geo-filter in different locations is cool to me :)

Much obliged.  Thank you for doing all the hard work to bring me a turn key solution to one of my biggest headaches.  Santa definitely was listening to my pleas.  :D

Will there be a special section or thread for customer reviews?  

Thanks for the welcome Iain and Netduma Team, looking forward to posting some pics and screenshots of what I hope to be some serious beasting.

JD

Guest Netduma_Iain

I'm not sure about the thread, Adam is more in charge of things like that. So I'll leave that to him. Worse case people could create their own. I'll just give him a gentle nudge as he's been busy trying to figure out the chat feature on this forum software poor chap. 

Jesus, don't stop production.   :huh:  No need to upset the planned work of the week.   :P  :D

Was just thinking that one, centrally located thread that was pinned or "official", would speak louder than several individual threads spaced out.

Cheers,

JD

Hello fellow gamer,

I wouldn't say that the items you listed are pay-to-win. All gamers should know the benefits of quality internet and quality viewing experiences. We're in a luxury hobby and simply because we take it seriously doesn't mean we're cheating. :) 

I have mine and I love it.

I can't wait for my R1 to arrive.  I'm a big COD fan but the lack of a regional filter on the latest iterations has not helped with my gaming experience.  Being able to limit the host radius should really help keep the lag to a minimum.  I'm in Hawaii by the way.  When the host is within the state, the connection is good.  When the host is on the west coast of the US in california, the connection is generally okay, but any further than that and the lag is just horrendous.  Unfortunately, with Advanced Warfare, it seems like they haven't put any type of restriction on how the lobbies are filled because the connections have been the worst I've seen in any online game I've ever played in my life, including back on dialup internet.

I can't wait for my R1 to arrive.  I'm a big COD fan but the lack of a regional filter on the latest iterations has not helped with my gaming experience.  Being able to limit the host radius should really help keep the lag to a minimum.  I'm in Hawaii by the way.  When the host is within the state, the connection is good.  When the host is on the west coast of the US in california, the connection is generally okay, but any further than that and the lag is just horrendous.  Unfortunately, with Advanced Warfare, it seems like they haven't put any type of restriction on how the lobbies are filled because the connections have been the worst I've seen in any online game I've ever played in my life, including back on dialup internet.

Hey Elikenui - So I have been doing a lot of following of the woes of AW and the Skill Based Match Making.  If you haven't had the time to read the posts or watch the YT vids, the community hates it and wants it gone.  It appears that ShG has built in a multi-tiered selection process, but your location itself is behind both your score per minute/KD AND your internet connection to where ever the lobby you are in is hosted.  Your actual place on the planet isn't factored in, or is factored in very late.  If you happen to have a decent K/D - you are going to be placed in lobbies where there are good players, regardless of the fact that their might be a perfectly good game right down the street.  

I made the mistake of buying the Day Zero package and got the privilege of playing against some CoD pros from NV, Optic, Automatic Reload and Kaliber (which sucked and I got absolutely raped  :angry: ).  Luckily my K/D dropped pretty rapidly after that, so I have been playing against a metric ton of people with a 1.5+ K/D and HUNDREDS of hours played.  This product might just make AW playable for me.

Hello meow. I live in the Seattle area as well, my router is supposed to arrive today. Yay. I have similar matchmaking experiences as you Dillinger, for whatever reason the game thinks I live in Central/South America. 

I can't wait to try out the router, especially the geofilter to hopefully have a better experience. It will be really cool to see what kind of games AW's default matchmaking puts me in as well. Would be neat to see what the average is for AW's default matchmaking placing you in close proximity/good ping to the host/server.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Its so cool people round the world are using it!!! 

You probably hate when foreigners say this, but I'll do it anyway. I love Frasier! 

Hello meow. I live in the Seattle area as well, my router is supposed to arrive today. Yay. I have similar matchmaking experiences as you Dillinger, for whatever reason the game thinks I live in Central/South America. 

I can't wait to try out the router, especially the geofilter to hopefully have a better experience. It will be really cool to see what kind of games AW's default matchmaking puts me in as well. Would be neat to see what the average is for AW's default matchmaking placing you in close proximity/good ping to the host/server.

Did you just say meow?  LOL  Welcome Moodfa.  I have a few days before mine is set to arrive (I think, but would be happy to be surprised), but PLEASE post your experience.  I would love to see how this changes the game for us.

You probably hate when foreigners say this, but I'll do it anyway. I love Frasier! 

I don't hate it, in fact it was a driving reason I wanted to post, so I could report from halfway around the globe.   :huh:  :D

Did you just say meow?  LOL  Welcome Moodfa.  I have a few days before mine is set to arrive (I think, but would be happy to be surprised), but PLEASE post your experience.  I would love to see how this changes the game for us.

I don't hate it, in fact it was a driving reason I wanted to post, so I could report from halfway around the globe.   :huh:  :D

Yeah, I have an odd obsession/problem with saying meow far too often.  =) I will let you know how it goes when I do get it. My mail hasn't come yet, but it should be here today! 

Nah, it's all good. I never really watched that show anyway.  My friend who moved over from the UK a couple years ago kept going on about the "seattle freeze". I had never heard that term before, apparently people in the city come across as being closed off, heh. I live up north a bit anyway, but I was surprised. Okay, that's all for meow. HAH. 

I forget where I heard about the Netduma, but I've been looking for a better solution that was "lighter" than a power guzzling PC running Linux. I sat hitting refresh at 12:00pm last Sunday until I could get mine ordered. Mine is now in an undisclosed location in the US in some top secret USPS facility somewhere, so hopefully by next week I will be in the R1 club. I'm in Oregon, so not far in USA terms. In EU terms I'm like 3 countries away.

I forget where I heard about the Netduma, but I've been looking for a better solution that was "lighter" than a power guzzling PC running Linux. I sat hitting refresh at 12:00pm last Sunday until I could get mine ordered. Mine is now in an undisclosed location in the US in some top secret USPS facility somewhere, so hopefully by next week I will be in the R1 club. I'm in Oregon, so not far in USA terms. In EU terms I'm like 3 countries away.

A local?  Sweet.  If that damn postman ever shows up, hopefully we will see each other a few lobbies.  :cool:  Mine has "allegedly" left a USPS sorting station about 30 miles away as of 0721hrs this am (monday the 22nd, ordered on Sunday the 14th).  PLEASE, let today, be THE DAY!!

Archived