Trying to Set Up and Optimize My R1

I wanted to gather more data but PSN is down tonight so Ill just share the few shots I took last night of my ping graph.

One thing though, I am unsure how accurate these are because they were all taken just before the match started. Does that matter? I assumed once everyone was in a lobby and a host was selected then the ping graph will be pretty accurate at that point, or does the game actually have to be in session for the ping graph to give an accurate reading?

Either way these are the 4 shots I took all from different hosts.

I would also like to add that I ran a speed test again just a few minutes ago and got 40down and 5up (approx) with 25ms ping. It was recommended that I use the Reactive anti-flood algorithm yet I'm under the 50mbps bandwidth recommendation for Reactive so I'm wondering if Preemptive would suit me more?

If I need to share more ping data I will gather more screen shots in my next gaming session, I would just like to know the best time to take the screen shot so I can maximize the effectiveness of the data :)

I will fix all your gaming woes...

I am unsure how accurate these are because they were all taken just before the match started. Does that matter?

A ping test in the lobby pretty much means nothing. The way the game seems to work is that a lobby is always hosted by a person, but then once the game starts it hands off the game to a dedicated server. To truly test ping, try to do it when the game is playing.

I ran a speed test again just a few minutes ago and got 40down and 5up (approx) with 25ms ping

25 ping for a speed test seems a little high, try a few different servers? Might just be a connection issue with your ISP if they are all consistently high. I usually ping about 10-12 to my closest speedtest servers.

I see you are also located in Canada and from the looks of things there are no dedicated servers there. However your ping screenshots seems to tell me you are playing on a dedicated server quite often.

In my opinion this is what I would do:

1. Set ping assist to 0 - this is what's connecting you to the (terrible in my opinion) dedicated servers that aren't in canada. So you're connecting to hosts quite far away.

2. Limit the size of your geo filter to something smaller and also try to avoid it going into the United States. I know you were complaining about not being able to find games, it happens to me as well. I think this is due to the new update, hardcore modes have fewer players and also the dlc and time of day has a lot to do with it. At peak hours I get into a game within 5 minutes of letting it search and search.

I would say to have patience and try my suggestion first. Just as a warning though, by avoiding the dedicated servers like I suggested you will get lobby booting and increased search times - but the benefits of amazingly smooth gameplay is worth the wait to find an open game.

Archived