So how old is everyone else on here?

Newnsy

This thread makes me happy :) too think i thought it was time to grow up.

Wonder if the Netduma guys new their core customer profile, time to change where you advertise Saga might be a better audience LMAO 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

Sorry to burst your bubble but I turned 71 in July.  Started gaming in 1979 on a Radio Shack TRS-80 with 48k and two 5 1/4 floppies with a cassette player to load my first game "Star Trek" which was dos based. 

By the way I also have a Pug, Rebus named after Ian Rankin's Scottish detective...

DB

Wow that is awesome DB, I know for sure when I'm that age I'll be gaming! 

• Administrators

This thread makes me happy :) too think i thought it was time to grow up.

Wonder if the Netduma guys new their core customer profile, time to change where you advertise Saga might be a better audience LMAO 

This thread also makes me very happy!

From my pov, I was happy to make any sales at all because we literally had no idea. I knew Luke, Fraser & I loved it but had no idea if the world would. I definitely expected the average age to be below 25. Its really cool that it isn't and makes a lot of sense in hindsight. If you love games there is no reason to stop, I know for sure I'll be playing all my life. 

Wow that is awesome DB, I know for sure when I'm that age I'll be gaming! 

The key is don't expect to play at the same level as you did when you were 20!  Lots of stuff happens with age, eye sight changes, hearing declines and then there is slower reflexes combined with arthritis.  You have to keep things in perspective in someways I enjoy playing now more than ever.  I have many online friends that I enjoy spending time playing with and sometimes just chatting.  

DB

38 here

Too poor for serious home gaming but the local ten pin bowling alley took most of my youth. Shinobi, Mortal Combat, Street Fighter, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Operation Wolf, Daytona to name a few.

First console i had was an Atari brought by my father then first i ever brought was PS1.

I'm 24 at the end of the month, first game I can remember playing was Duck Hunt with the actual gun as a kid, loved that game :P

DUCKHUNT WAS THE TITTIES!!!!!! PS I just turned 25 Fraser on the 11th, us September people know where its at!! lol (My Fav all time game/First game would have to be the original Street Fighter that was out on I think the first PlayStation. "Also known as the meca of all button smashing games.")  

...If anyone knows where or how i could find this game, I would do some ungodly things to obtain it.... kidding.. but for reals. :$

• Administrators

DUCKHUNT WAS THE TITTIES!!!!!! PS I just turned 25 Fraser on the 11th, us September people know where its at!! lol (My Fav all time game/First game would have to be the original Street Fighter that was out on I think the first PlayStation. "Also known as the meca of all button smashing games.")  

...If anyone knows where or how i could find this game, I would do some ungodly things to obtain it.... kidding.. but for reals. :$

YES! Ahh awesome! Lol yes we do, glad someone remembers that game as a kid :D Look up PS1 emulators, I'm sure you could obtain it that way :)

• 2 months later...

31 and I remember going to Rich's Department Store with my parents and getting a NES when I was 5. My sister and I got in a fight in the store and remember my dad telling us to knock it off or else we weren't getting the system. Thankfully all was right and the Nintendo became my first video game love. I buy every Nintendo console no matter what, even if there aren't many games I want to play anymore. I guess it's a nostalgia thing for me. 

I also remember sitting next to my dad watching him play the original Doom and Doom II: Hell on Earth on the PC. It would aggravate me as a kid because he had to go through each level/room checking all the walls for the secret doors. I just wanted to see him kill the IMPS!

Archived