So how old is everyone else on here?

Newnsy

45. Pong was the beginning for me. My friend got it when we were 6. Then Atari dropped and wow. I remember going to Hills Department Store to play Colecovision because it had the Rocky game. (I never ended up getting one of those :( )

Intellivision came out around the same time and the sports games were phenomenal. Until NES the rest of the home console stuff was a blur for me. I was a die hard NES, Super NES player and then the PS blew my mind.

I've played every COD since COD1. Rainbow Six Vegas is the first game I remember playing online. COD4 was right after that. I used to have to unplug the modem when I got inline because I didn't even have a router. My how times have changed.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

43, Pong(at the neighbors), my first one was this piece of exquisite technology with Donkey Kong (Hell yeah) and Mr. Do. Lol. The Colecovision!!

I should really consider getting one. I feel like I missed out. That controller. ...

I should really consider getting one. I feel like I missed out. That controller. ...

Nah, Cranium2001 you didn't miss much. I was that kid that always got the off brand. They get an Arari and I get the Coleco. Haha

41, and still going strong in the gaming / multimedia industry with no signs of slow down. Hell, yeah!

46 and a half. And if they talk to much trash I tell them they just got beat by a grandpa

I love the fact we can still beat people MORE than half our age in certain situations e.g. 10-15-year olds. I made one rage quit while playing AW using the Netduma. He couldn't figure out why I kept killing him - lol. He kept saying, "Aw, man! Come on!" One of my best (and only) good memories of AW.

The interesting thing is while games are marketed to kids, our generation(s) grew up along side the industry. Literally. Like many of you, I started on the Apple IIc, Atari, DOS games, Early Windows games (Doom, Wolfenstien, Duke Nuk'em, Descent, Free Space, X-Wing / Tie Fighter, etc), NES, etc. Many of the kids will grow up in a world where 3D graphics always existed. A 3D FPS like CoD is considered "normal" and while I appreciate that, I hope when they become older they go back and see where and how much this industry changed in just the last 20 years to now. VR is right around the corner and for many of us, we are seeing things we saw only in science fiction becoming reality. It's a great time to be alive and active in this exciting and evolving media!

36 my first memory of gaming was Atari then spectrum commodre64 Amiga then the consoles my fav games were Daley thompsons decathlon hyper sports yah kung fu saboteur paperboy streets of rage the list could go on forever

36 my first memory of gaming was Atari then spectrum commodre64 Amiga then the consoles my fav games were Daley thompsons decathlon hyper sports yah kung fu saboteur paperboy streets of rage the list could go on forever

how many joysticks did you break playing Daly Thompson's? :)  :D

48 is the new 30 lol

I think I win the age race as I am getting closer to 61 .....ouch! :)

Phew...... I was thinking I was coming in as the oldest for a while there :P lol.

As I keep saying to my gaming buddy in the USA, it's not the age it's the mileage. I'm afraid I have very high mileage and several not very careful owners. lol.

I have found this thread quite interesting to see the ages of some of you lot........ a few surprises in there. ;)

So when are we opening the Netduma R1 retirement home?

Phew...... I was thinking I was coming in as the oldest for a while there :P lol.

As I keep saying to my gaming buddy in the USA, it's not the age it's the mileage. I'm afraid I have very high mileage and several not very careful owners. lol.

I have found this thread quite interesting to see the ages of some of you lot........ a few surprises in there. ;)

So when are we opening the Netduma R1 retirement home?

Gamers for life, once you pop you can't stop.

Baga.. I was hoping someone would beat me in age, But I'm still better than a lot of young ones. Eye sight not the best but gun skill is killa lol. Will contnue to play. Keeps the mind sharp. Better than bingo. Gamr 4 lfe playa. That's og right there

Keeps the mind sharp. Better than bingo. Gamr 4 lfe playa. That's og right there

There are studies that are coming out that say playing video games into our twilight years helps stem the onset of senility, Alzheimer, etc. There is a myth that as you get older you just "forget" everything. Studies are also showing video games are a good teaching tool for young people when done in moderation and if the game itself is designed well e.g. Civilization series teaches history, basic national building strategy, etc; Sim City teaches basic concepts like resource management, spacial relations, social interaction (keeping your citizens happy), etc.

I believe these studies are true because while I am not "old" yet, I know people who are younger than me who don't game and they aren't as sharp in terms of reflexes, memory retention, attention to detail, etc. It's all about keeping your synapses and neurons active by wanting to continually learn new things even if they are for video games. 

There are studies that are coming out that say playing video games into our twilight years helps stem the onset of senility, Alzheimer, etc. There is a myth that as you get older you just "forget" everything. Studies are also showing video games are a good teaching tool for young people when done in moderation and if the game itself is designed well e.g. Civilization series teaches history, basic national building strategy, etc; Sim City teaches basic concepts like resource management, spacial relations, social interaction (keeping your citizens happy), etc.

I believe these studies are true because while I am not "old" yet, I know people who are younger than me who don't game and they aren't as sharp in terms of reflexes, memory retention, attention to detail, etc. It's all about keeping your synapses and neurons active by wanting to continually learn new things even if they are for video games.

I'm going to have to show my wife this post. Maybe she'll get off my case about gaming. Lol

Even without the studies I can affirm that gaming can be therapeutic ,,,, my youngest born with more medical conditions that I can name or pronounce finds great joy in gaming,,,, to date he can play the wii, the wiiu, ps2 , PS3 , and has started on the 360 all of which has helped in numerous ways beyond what any traditional therapy could provide. Notice I said beyond not in place of .

Won't be too much longer and he will be looking to try and take over our Xbox1's or ask for a ps4 .

46 and five eighths here.

spent most of my childhood summers playing a lot of the early stuff from atari ,exidy,taito, williams, midway etc in the arcade dead opposite my families beach hut in felixstowe.

the rest of the year i'd be cycling round my home town (ipswich)with my brother and cousin to various cafes and backstreet locales that were crammed with video cabinets back in the day.

first home system i had was the mattel intellivision then moved onto vic20 and spectrum.

videogames will always be an itch that needs scratching here.

I totally forget about the arcade experience.

Those are happy and fond memories of my mother dropping me and a couple of friends off with $20 to turn into quarters and we would stay there like three, or four hours. The classic "I'm next" where you place the quarter at the bottom of the screen is something most kids born after 2000, will never know of, but I and most of you lived it. I also remember the smell of popcorn as most arcades sold popcorn as the snack to eat while watching others play games until it was your turn. It's little things like this that no longer exist because the medium has moved into the home.

I totally forget about the arcade experience.

Those are happy and fond memories of my mother dropping me and a couple of friends off with $20 to turn into quarters and we would stay there like three, or four hours. The classic "I'm next" where you place the quarter at the bottom of the screen is something most kids born after 2000, will never know of, but I and most of you lived it. I also remember the smell of popcorn as most arcades sold popcorn as the snack to eat while watching others play games until it was your turn. It's little things like this that no longer exist because the medium has moved into the home.

That's what got me hooked. I'd save my lunch money all week with the hope my baby sitter and her boyfriend would take us to the mall in his jeep. On the way there while listening to REO Speedwagon, I would hope for a new game.

There were 10 space invader machines lined up and people waiting to play all of them. And yes, the quarter on the screen was awesome. Once the $5 was gone (5 tokens for a dollar) we'd go to Mace Electronics and play intellivision and Atari. Those were the days.

Archived