Netduma keeps losing connection to the internet....

Yes, you could try a factory reset. Make sure you do that from Settings >> Miscellaneous. Also, is the Netduma plugged into one of those multi power things? if it is could you connect it directly to a wall socket.

Yeah it's directly plugged into a wall at the moment although usually it's in those multi socket things

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there any way i can get a replacement if this factory reset doesn't work?

+ when the internet disconnects it WON'T reconnect unless i hard reset it, so I'm guessing it just crashes. Since this is a problem I've only just started to have i think it might be a hardware fault. 

• Netduma Staff

Is there any way i can get a replacement if this factory reset doesn't work?

I'm not sure about returns or replacements. Whenever someone who works at Netduma sees this thread they will be able to tell you what the policy is regarding that :) Fingers crossed factory reset does the trick!

Have you had any drop outs with it connected to the wall?

I'm not sure about returns or replacements. Whenever someone who works at Netduma sees this thread they will be able to tell you what the policy is regarding that :) Fingers crossed factory reset does the trick!

Yes, the last 3 times it's dropped it's been connected to the wall. I hope they let me get a replacement if it's a hardware fault, i sold a lot of stuff to buy the netduma :'(

It just crashed again after a factory reset....starting to panic now. Could you ask a staff member to comment on what my options are please???

• Netduma Staff

Yes, the last 3 times it's dropped it's been connected to the wall. I hope they let me get a replacement if it's a hardware fault, i sold a lot of stuff to buy the netduma :'(

Has factory reset not fixed it?

Edit: Just seen your post.

• Netduma Staff

It just crashed again after a factory reset....starting to panic now. Could you ask a staff member to comment on what my options are please???

It looks lile Fraser is going trough the threads now so he will probs see this :) Did you check to make sure the host IP in Settings >> LAN was still 88?

Hi guys have you checked that both routers are set to automatic ip's, dhcp enabled on both, wifi turned off on the first router and that the Ethernet cable is pluged into the POE port on the Netduma?

Hi guys have you checked that both routers are set to automatic ip's, dhcp enabled on both, wifi turned off on the first router and that the Ethernet cable is pluged into the POE port on the Netduma?

It looks lile Fraser is going trough the threads now so he will probs see this :) Did you check to make sure the host IP in Settings >> LAN was still 88?

I set a static IP for the netduma in my home hub and put it in DMZ, DHCP yes and the Ethernet cable is plugged in the right place. Also the lap IP number is still 88

• Administrators

Hey zqa, has anything in your setup changed since this has starting happening? As you say you've had the duma for 2 months without an issue, have you had a new home hub installed etc? 

Do you know if you require PPPoE at all?

How often is the Internet going down would you say?

In terms of returns, thats the tricky area, you've had it for 2 months without issue and are outside the usual faulty returns timeframe, however this is something I would have to discuss with the others, we certainly don't want you to have a faulty item so I'm sure there is something that can be done but we can try to resolve it so we don't have to go down that road just yet :)

Hey zqa, has anything in your setup changed since this has starting happening? As you say you've had the duma for 2 months without an issue, have you had a new home hub installed etc? 

Do you know if you require PPPoE at all?

How often is the Internet going down would you say?

In terms of returns, thats the tricky area, you've had it for 2 months without issue and are outside the usual faulty returns timeframe, however this is something I would have to discuss with the others, we certainly don't want you to have a faulty item so I'm sure there is something that can be done but we can try to resolve it so we don't have to go down that road just yet :)

Nothing has changed in my setup since i got my netduma not sure about PPPoE never heard of it so im guessing i don't require it. I'd say it's crashing around every 15-60 minutes. 

Is there any way to narrow down what's causing it to crash like this, does the netduma keep a record of crashes? My gaming room is very cool and i've hardly touched the thing since I got it since there's no need to. I don't have a clue what's caused it to start failing like this. 

I hope something can be done to fix this as £150 for a product that is failing after 2 months kinda sucks :'(.

Archived