Recommendations for a good gaming monitor?

lukasz

for now i have 27" IPS from Asus. I can't say nothing bad about it (i wrote about it above) . If you are capturing while Playing, its great because it has the Lowest input Lag for now.

BUT as A7 said BenQ has a new one with HDMI out! so if it comes over to Germany i will give it a try. (it is a 24", but i will see)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey A7Legit this is awesome bro RL2460HT has a HDMI Out? ...but i can not find it in Germany :( is only in US as it seems... that would be a reason to sell my ASUS man!

Yeah I have the monitor and I put my PS4 and XB1 in (2 HDMI in) and output the image to my capture device (HDMI out).

I also found that the settings kindly shared by Od1n work perfectly on this model too. :)

The only differences I made compared to Od1n's was to make sharpness 5 instead of 10 (I play BF and Titanfall on PC which is on the BenQ XL 2420TE) as I play COD mostly on these consoles which are connected to this (RL2460HT) monitor and I made the contrast 70 instead of 100 as I like the image slightly darker (whilst leaving Black EQ at 20).

These settings of OD1n's are awesome though (work on both my monitors), I really appreciate that he has shared them with us as it has helped me see the enemy much earlier than usual.

Thank you Od1n! :)

Here's another input lag comparison between the RL2460HT (bottom) to my old Samsung plasma TV (top) using the HDMI out on the RL2460HT to mirror the display 1:1 to the Samsung. Even with game mode enabled on the Samsung it still has about 50ms of input lag which in some online games is considered to be high ping. Basically if you are gaming on a TV you are already shooting yourself in the foot.

ve5Fuit.jpg

I've been testing my sons Samsung S27d590C for the past week and it's a beast of a monitor. I really like the convex screen, it feels like it pulls you into the game. Refresh rates are great and the price wasn't to bad on Amazon. Hit master prestige in a few days and had my first 16.0kd game last night in AW!

I initially bought the ASUS MX279H but I took it back after a week of using it, I could never get a picture out of it.  It seemed blurry during fast paced games, mostly AW.  I ended up buying the Benq RL2455HM and I'm much happier with the quality of the picture in AW.  There is a new Benq RL2460HM that is taking the RL2455HMs place.

What is the main difference RL2460HM vs the RL2455HM?

What is the main difference RL2460HM vs the RL2455HM?

It's the same screen besides HDMI output and also an adjustable stand with tilt, swivel, height adjustment, etc.. For me it's a $20 difference, I would go with the RL2460HT.

• 5 months later...

Recommend me a good 23-24 inch led monitor with 1-2 hdmi inputs 1ms refresh and under $200, the cheaper the better, I will connect my new incoming pc to this.

I seen a BenQ on amazon, but have read you need to adjust them as out of box the colors are off.

go benq the RT series is awesome for xbox only because the 60 Hertz is all you need for xbox or PS...

if you want to also game on PC then go with a 120 Hertz, XL Series...

You'll love it they work amazingly and adjusting the colors takes only moments.

go benq the RT series is awesome for xbox only because the 60 Hertz is all you need for xbox or PS...

if you want to also game on PC then go with a 120 Hertz, XL Series...

You'll love it they work amazingly and adjusting the colors takes only moments.

Since you'll be using this with a new fandangled PC in a month ;), I would suggest the XL2420z used variety to take advantage of the extra hz, and if you're not sensitive to flicker, enable motion blur reduction while playing console games (60 fps native COD, BF)to get some great clarity.

I said under $200, I'm broke 150-160 might be my max thinking of it lol

Hey Macabi83,

I understand money issues, seriously I do.  But monitors are one thing you shouldn't go cheap on...same with computer cases...

The reason is although you will replace your computer every 5 years or at least components...monitors are something you keep almost indefinitely.

So I'd save up and get the BenQ XL Series XL2411Z 24-Inch LED Monitor or at least an XL series monitor, you'll be gaming on it well after the next generation consoles come out.

What are you playing on right now?

I would suggest the 2420z since it does have a display port in addition to having easier access to the menu via scroll wheel/click mechanism.  I bought mine used from Amazon warehouse so definitely did not pay full price.  

You'll have this for 5+years guaranteed since it's quality built and specific to fps/gaming in particular for PC and consoles so win/win for you.  

You already have the best router, soon to be PC, so keep the quality up since it'll save you more money in the process vs upgrading continually.

BenQ all the way and the menu is really simple to navigate,so when you change the settings it's really easy to do.And you'll find your own ideal settings based on your home set up,where you're using it,how much light in the room etc...

Archived