Recommendations for a good gaming monitor?

lukasz

@ lukasz - for guys like us that are just looking for a low ms monitor for console gaming,you'll be fine with BenQ.

Od1n and jeycee are light years ahead of me in the settings they are talking about.But i understand what there saying,i had to play with my settings on my monitor when i got it.

If i don't leave AMA set on high i get a lot of ghosting too.And since i'm on PS3 i had to set RGB to full range and my Y Pb/Cb Pr/Cr to off and deep color output to off also.These aren't monitor settings,they are display settings on the PS3.And it made a huge difference.Again this is PS3 not PS4.

But if / when you get your monitor everyone here will help you out if you need it

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fuzzy damn right, get the BenQ its a great price for a great Monitor! u cant go wrong with it. 

you will get the ms diference with your DUMA Bro! ;)

edit: yes we are crazy :D

I initially bought the ASUS MX279H but I took it back after a week of using it, I could never get a picture out of it.  It seemed blurry during fast paced games, mostly AW.  I ended up buying the Benq RL2455HM and I'm much happier with the quality of the picture in AW.  There is a new Benq RL2460HM that is taking the RL2455HMs place.

I'm deciding between the MX279H or the RL2460HT... Comparable price, but going from my current plasma I don't think I could downgrade picture quality and go with a TN panel display. The MX279H offers lower input lag and will someone really notice the difference between 5ms and 2ms in a display? Both have great reviews but it seems like many people say the benq is the way to go. Not sure I'm sold on lower picture quality and the bad viewing angles just for 3-4ms response time improvements.

I couldn't tell a difference from 5ms to 2ms. My problem with the ASUS was more of a preference, I wasn't able to get the picture the way I wanted it. The screen was also a little too big because I sit at a computer desk while playing. I don't know if me being so close and the picture quality being little more crisp made the blurring more noticeable to me. I honestly think the ASUS is a really good monitor but lost my patience trying to tune it. The Benq rl2455hm was easier to tune for me because a ton of people have it and I could use other people's settings and do minor changes to make it work for me.

I couldn't tell a difference from 5ms to 2ms. My problem with the ASUS was more of a preference, I wasn't able to get the picture the way I wanted it. The screen was also a little too big because I sit at a computer desk while playing. I don't know if me being so close and the picture quality being little more crisp made the blurring more noticeable to me. I honestly think the ASUS is a really good monitor but lost my patience trying to tune it. The Benq rl2455hm was easier to tune for me because a ton of people have it and I could use other people's settings and do minor changes to make it work for me.

Well right now I'm using a 42 inch plasma for my pc/gaming at my desk which is about 4 feet away from me lol

I just found the little brother to the MX279H which is the MX239H - same specs just a 23 inch version. I may even consider that for the significant price difference assuming it has the same low input lag. I currently have an old TN panel acer monitor with 5ms response time and the picture quality is just horrible when I try to game on it in my opinion. I'm used to the crisp and vivid colors of plasma, I just can't stare at a bright as the sun plasma as much without getting a headache these days. That's why I'm kinda iffy about going with the Benq that uses the same TN panel that I have here and don't enjoy using for gaming... Albeit being about 9 years old now.

got to love this new monitor thx a lot guys and yes for me blackequalizer on bq makes a huge difference now when i use it i can tell love it a ste everything like you sad above Od1n just left my contras on 50 insted of 100 as that woes to bright for me and i did not have this option to select(picture blur reduction) i tnik is just not aveliable for this model bot yes i am loveing this new kit and takes some time to adjust for 47 inch sony to 24 thx for all you help and kwnoledge guys

just got my benq rl2455hm in can wait to go home and set it up and runn it thx to all of you guys

I got the RL2460HT which is the same monitor just with an adjustable stand and hdmi out... In game I notice a huge difference compared to my old screen. Here are just a few pictures comparing the benq (bottom) with my old screen (top) using the hdmi out feature to duplicate the displays.

6AjWHaZ.jpgZm0L6FV.jpgKW0SDW6.jpg5v8Lr00.jpg

got to love this new monitor thx a lot guys and yes for me blackequalizer on bq makes a huge difference now when i use it i can tell love it a ste everything like you sad above Od1n just left my contras on 50 insted of 100 as that woes to bright for me and i did not have this option to select(picture blur reduction) i tnik is just not aveliable for this model bot yes i am loveing this new kit and takes some time to adjust for 47 inch sony to 24 thx for all you help and kwnoledge guys

The anti blur is called AMA and it should just be on the default option of high for the best result in my opinion.

I have the RL2460HT also as well as the XL2420TE, solid monitors but the RL2460HT is awesome because using a PVR/DVR (Elgato or Avermedia) doesn't add extra input lag to what you see when you game because of the HDMI Out.

I only got it because the RL2455HM was $25 more than the RL2460HT which has more features lol... First night with it, and I loved it. Could see a huge different in input lag when I compared my old screen to the new one in the screenshots I posted earlier.

I have the RL2460HT also as well as the XL2420TE, solid monitors but the RL2460HT is awesome because using a PVR/DVR (Elgato or Avermedia) doesn't add extra input lag to what you see when you game because of the HDMI Out.

you can aswell use an HDMI splitter ahead of the capture card with one end to the capture card the other to the monitor

that way you also dont have additional inputlag from the capture card

you can aswell use an HDMI splitter ahead of the capture card with one end to the capture card the other to the monitor

that way you also dont have additional inputlag from the capture card

You can but it does add a few extra ms of input from the splitter. I used to do that.

Yebs again i love it and your help guys before purchasing i woes so confused wanted the moust expensive and i woes pointed in right direction on this forum like Frodo woes guided by Gandalff to choes the right path and meet his destny

Hey A7Legit this is awesome bro RL2460HT has a HDMI Out? ...but i can not find it in Germany :( is only in US as it seems... that would be a reason to sell my ASUS man!

And here the Picture of the ASUS with digicam, just for Info (the BenQ seems to have better Picture but the Black EQ is not realy needed, i think)

post-262-0-61239300-1424369466_thumb.jpg

@mazdamiata - what was your old monitor?  I have that darkness issue.

An old tv/monitor... I would say jump on the upgrade, it's well worth it once you dial in the picture settings

Archived