Recommendations for a good gaming monitor?

lukasz

I have the BenQ XL2720Z 27-inch LED Gaming Monitor and it is AMAZING!! I did an awful lot of research before I purchased this monitor, and for me, this was the best possible one! 27", 1ms response time, amazing colours, 3D capability and the price was right for me! If you'd like to check it out heres the link (UK AMAZON) http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00HYX1XCK?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On a related topic, I'm a couch gamer. Anyone know of any good TVs that double up as half decent gaming screens.

Of course they're not gonna compete with a real gaming monitor but I'm looking to upgrade the lounge TV soon and wouldn't mind getting something that doesn't suck for gaming

On a related topic, I'm a couch gamer. Anyone know of any good TVs that double up as half decent gaming screens.

Of course they're not gonna compete with a real gaming monitor but I'm looking to upgrade the lounge TV soon and wouldn't mind getting something that doesn't suck for gaming

There is a German website (of which I have completely forgot the name) that does screen tests and response times of normal tv's. I'm sure it wouldn't take to long to find it through Google. This might help you decide between, screen size, response time and price etc.!

I have the Sony KLD42W705B 42" it has very low input lag for a TV screen.

I went from a Samsung and the diff was night and day i have had to lower my senistivity as i was over compensating because of screen lag from 14 down to 11.

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/kdl42w705b-201402233639.htm

Samsung and especially the latest Sonys are pretty good in that regard (gaming mode ofc)

id look into both their latest models and then look them up on prad.de

Sony might also be appealing because of the cloud gaming that they plan to expand to all their TVs incase you have a Xbox

Samsung and especially the latest Sonys are pretty good in that regard (gaming mode ofc)

id look into both their latest models and then look them up on prad.de

Sony might also be appealing because of the cloud gaming that they plan to expand to all their TVs incase you have a Xbox

what do you think about that benq i posted link to

what do you think about that benq i posted link to

its a pretty good purchase for the money that covers important things like the black equalizer

(well for me important ofc)

for that money and especially this deal you cannot go wrong id say

@ lukasz yeah buddy that's my monitor,works great for all my needs.I'm not sure how much it costs as i don't know the conversion from pounds to dollars,but it's a great monitor for console gaming

I currently game on a Samsung PN42C450 and I don't notice much lag or any problems besides when gaming for a long time it bothers my eyes... I also have an Acer x263w monitor which I used to use for my xbox 360. When playing on the acer it's hard for me to really see the details in game, such as dark areas and such.

I guess what I'm asking is compared to my tv, would a monitor such as the Asus MX279H or the Benq RL2455HM be any better than what I have?

Do you have this asus? How is the ghosting with it?

Hi Maz,

yes i have this ASUS, i also had the BenQ RL2455HM

for my eyes the Asus has a better picture (sorry Od1n) the ghosting in my opinion is better then this of the Benq RL2455HM of course the asus is more expansive

but its also 27"  i dont know the deadly expansive top mashines from Benq > XL2720Z maybe they are better. but also important for me was the input lag which is not the same as responce time! responce time is better or same on the benq. For me it was important to get a fast, 27" monitor, good picture and it looks great > design :)

Maybe this year i will give a try to the new BENQ with its Black EQ, but i know as a Grafikdesiner, i can screw my picture in this way to!

Like i said i didnt saw this magic Black EQ on the RL2455HM, its there yes, but it was also ghosty on the RL2455HM (if you turn OFF all the stuff that makes the Lag bigger). I sold the Benq and bought the Sony W8 TV. after a year or so i went with the ASUS. The Sony is the best TV i have ever had on my console...and still have.

my irrelevant opinion.

edit: all FAST monitors are ghosting :D

I initially bought the ASUS MX279H but I took it back after a week of using it, I could never get a picture out of it.  It seemed blurry during fast paced games, mostly AW.  I ended up buying the Benq RL2455HM and I'm much happier with the quality of the picture in AW.  There is a new Benq RL2460HM that is taking the RL2455HMs place.

Maybe this year i will give a try to the new BENQ with its Black EQ, but i know as a Grafikdesiner, i can screw my picture in this way to!

yeah definitely stay with your asus IPS then, as a grafic designer you need the best picture and a TN panel just cannot reach the IPS quality

games use hard compressed textures with weak color saturation (console versions) which is why im fine with a TN panel for gaming :)

yeah definitely stay with your asus IPS then, as a grafic designer you need the best picture and a TN panel just cannot reach the IPS quality

games use hard compressed textures with weak color saturation (console versions) which is why im fine with a TN panel for gaming :)

i use it for games only bro, xbox1. BUT i will give a try to the "big" BenQ soon as you said ...very expansive "das Ding" :)... i think for real Graphics is EIZO, NEC etc. the way to go, but i do "only" online Graphics so i am on 27" iMac. 

Prad.de said 7 ms more input lag on BenQ ... what do you think about that mate? 7ms is  7ms or not? ...  of course i have to go with less picture Quality...

BenQ 27"

post-262-0-29019800-1423845682_thumb.png

Asus 27"

post-262-0-97890600-1423845683_thumb.png

Do you have this asus? How is the ghosting with it?

just checked the settings in the ASUS if you set-up the gamemode and go down with sharpness to 30 /20 / or 0 and set trace-free function to 80 (i have 100) you'll get nearly no ghosting (for a monitor!!) if other users have bad ghosting so its broken monitor. #justSaying

edit: the elgato for example change also the picture...

true to the latency but i dont mind playing on 10ms or 20ms more overall inputlag when i can spot the opponent 500-1000ms earlier because of the picture enhancement

it really is a lot harder to spot opponents eg in a jungle setting with a regular monitor compared to having picture options running that almost highlight them

but this is a Battelfield-type of argumentation, CoD doesnt have this as its scale is a lot smaller and tighter on both maps and players in a game, i doubt theres as much gain to be expected from black equalizer and such as in large scale games like Planetside 2 or Battlefield

another scenario are the lasers and flashlights in BF that should blind you when directed towards you, with the correct picture settings you can however still look through them as the monitor adapts the screen to the brightness

i mean in the end it doesnt matter much if my monitor panel runs 10ms slower than the one of my opponents, the scenarios in which i lose because of shooting 10ms later have a likelyhood of less than 1% maybe

(a 900RPM weapon shoots 1 bullet every 67ms to put that into perspective)

however what matters to me is if i can spot my opponent within the crowded environment faster than he can spot me, that is an advantage my opponent usually cannot catch up to

good arguments, i never played BF, thats true.. the maps are a lot bigger and this is absolutely right!

i like the tech stuff so i will for sure try the big benQs again...

hope they get less expansive ;)

...COD is fast if you'r tryharding ...hardcorecrazygamerz need this ms LOL (...not realy)

Archived