Other Hardware

I am really interested in your product but have a few questions/suggestions.

Have you considered coding your firmware for other hardware that allows DD-WRT such as ASUS products? I don't know the legalities, you would probably have a much better idea on that, but some of the new hardware available for routers may make your product that much better. Could you sell your firmware as 3rd party to users like me?

When in game, such as COD on the console, does your firmware show all connections and designate host? I have looked, maybe I am blind (my gf says I am), but it would be really nice to see some real time footage of in game graphs/actions from the connection indicators. I know this is not easy BUT for example, you are in game ( I believe COD still uses P2P) and you would see a geo map of all connections (to you) with line indicators of the connections. In those lines you could have the ping values. So you are player A, Host is player B there will be a line drawn from you to host showing ping value. Then there would also be lines drawn to each other player that you are connected to showing those ping values. Make sense?

How much do parties affect the quality increases that your firmware provides? Do you suggest the client that has a NetDuma be party leader? If it makes a difference.

To be honest I am having issues on what I want to purchase right now. I really would like the performance of the ASUS 87U but I really like some of the features that your firmware provides.

How do you get around firewalls that block ping requests? So if I am host, my firewall currently is blocking ping requests. Are you using a different protocol to achieve the same or similar results?

Outside of all of that I am very impressed with your feature set, it is about time someone offered them! Nice work!

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Shane,

Thanks for considering to purchase our router.

We won't be porting to other routers in the short term as we are focused on improving our firmware fully and supporting our existing customers.

Thanks for the suggestion, if you look around the forum you'll see we're a very feedback drivern company. The router came out 6 weeks ago and we have had 5 iterations of the firmware already. I think its added up to over 50 new additions to the software. We listen to what the community ask and implement if possible. Ideas similar to yours have been posted so we will probably look into them soon.

I'll let other customers discuss their experience with party chat if they see this thread. We have a bunch of alternative techniques to ping for finding out the games ping including deep packet processing.

Hope that helps,

Iain

Hi Shane,

Thanks for considering to purchase our router.

We won't be porting to other routers in the short term as we are focused on improving our firmware fully and supporting our existing customers.

Thanks for the suggestion, if you look around the forum you'll see we're a very feedback drivern company. The router came out 6 weeks ago and we have had 5 iterations of the firmware already. I think its added up to over 50 new additions to the software. We listen to what the community ask and implement if possible. Ideas similar to yours have been posted so we will probably look into them soon.

I'll let other customers discuss their experience with party chat if they see this thread. We have a bunch of alternative techniques to ping for finding out the games ping including deep packet processing.

Hope that helps,

Iain

good dodge, NOW INSTALL THIS ON MY WRT1900AC :) lol

or in meme

d61f98730c3c24ebd6fa5742c131f9a3ca88e1a3

Archived