A button away from ordering.

Ian88

Hello there.. So I've just spent about 3hrs researching this router (videos and blogs) and each article made me more and more excited! However just before I order I was wondering if somebody could clear up a few questions? I thankyou in advance for the reply Question1 I have two PlayStation4s that get played at the same time on the same game (my wife games) would both consoles get the benefit of the features of this router? 2. If I'm in a lobby with friends would my geo calibration be overridin to suit there search needs or would they leach of my search? 3.I have no laptop can I mess around with the dumas settings using my smartphone? 4.(last one I promise lol) I'm using the superhub 2ac I read putting into modem mode is recommended, however I use the WiFi for my mobile phones and Android box.. Is it possible to keep in normal mode without hindering the performance? That will be all for now haha.. Really excited about this product btw thanks

1. As long as you play the same game at the same time I don't see why it wouldn't work.

2. If you're in a lobby with your friends you would have to be the party leader otherwise they will connect to a "bad" host and you won't so most games will kick you from their party.

3. You can use it on a smartphone but it's not optimized for use there, so it's a little tricky but do-able. Although I believe there is an iOS app in development. (You're probably on Android since you mention the android box?)

4. You can keep your existing router the way it is and put the Netduma into the DMZ of that router. You will lose the functionality of congestion control though since the R1 is not your primary router. If you have sufficient bandwidth and nobody is using your connection while you're gaming then that's not a big deal. It seems like the geo-filter is your main feature anyway.

• Administrators

Thanks for replying Mod. Just to add a few comments. If you're in the same game then I suggest one of you use the Geo-Filter and that person be leader. If you're on different games then you can have separate Geo-Filters HOWEVER the home location & distance will have to be shared Iain. 

Thanks for ordering, if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask and please let us know how you get on :) 

Archived