New modem same old problems

FQs19

I doubt they would do that.

And I actually have too much power since I'm the only customer on the drop.

Not sure how two lines would help either.

Since I'm pretty sure the errors are coming from the head end.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt they would do that.

And I actually have too much power since I'm the only customer on the drop.

Not sure how two lines would help either.

Since I'm pretty sure the errors are coming from the head end.

Headend or even further into their network...

They will keep blaming you though

I had a problem before with noise in my line. 

After the fifth call in 2 months, they sent an advanced tech to monitor my neighborhood and finally saw another customer was causing all the noise.

They disconnected him so he had to call in to get a tech to visit his house and sort out the problems. 

They usually give in and give the customer satisfaction after a couple calls. 

It helps when you get a good/decent tech to visit. 

I had a problem before with noise in my line. 

After the fifth call in 2 months, they sent an advanced tech to monitor my neighborhood and finally saw another customer was causing all the noise.

They disconnected him so he had to call in to get a tech to visit his house and sort out the problems. 

They usually give in and give the customer satisfaction after a couple calls. 

It helps when you get a good/decent tech to visit. 

Pretty sure I've had 8 or 9 techs here who all say different things as far as noise on the lines. Supposedly a line tech "fixed" the problem. It worked for a month or so and came back. I think it's a problem at the tap because one tech measured significant noise right off the tap. Yet another tech said my signal was flawless.

The only time I got something done was when I talked to someone who goes by CR on their twitter support out of Philadelphia.

I can't remember off the top of my head who also had this modem but what does it do when you try to use the netduma with it?

That white one stands out….

Yeah I had to go correct myself on the modem pervious post.

That was me bro. What happens it starts buffering while I was watching Netflix. I would have to reboot the SB6183 but in time it would happen again.

tell him you want two lines from the tap into your house if you can. IDK if that would cost more.

That would be something I could tell Cox because I have a three way splitter and still see those error messages on my new modem too.

Comcast is coming tomorrow.

We'll see what happens.

Definitely having upstream problems since I'm only showing 1 upstream channel bonded with Partial Service.

Comcast is coming tomorrow.

We'll see what happens.

Definitely having upstream problems since I'm only showing 1 upstream channel bonded with Partial Service.

I would be curious what they do. I have Cox and they came out three times and only replaced my coax cable and three way splitter. Then called in a Docsis 3 code.

Well Comcast found the problem. 

Tech came in and tried to sync with my upstream channels from the coax going to my modem and couldn't.

Then he went to the first splitter, in my house, from the drop and tried to sync again. Still couldn't get his device to sync.

So then he went to the drop and found a filter installed on the drop with my line connected to it.

He removed the filter and was able to sync. 

Someone had installed that filter without my knowledge trying to block noise coming from my house and going on to the network. 

He said my house had no noise and that whoever installed it, didn't check my house to see if I was the source of the noise. 

So the filter is removed and I got all 3 of my upstream channels to bond!!

Hope this stops the T3 and T4 errors from coming in. 

We shall see.

Tech came in and tried to sync with my upstream channels from the coax going to my modem and couldn't.

Then he went to the first splitter, in my house, from the drop and tried to sync again. Still couldn't get his device to sync.

So then he went to the drop and found a filter installed on the drop with my line connected to it.

Someone had installed that filter without my knowledge trying to block noise coming from my house and going on to the network.

He said my house had no noise and that whoever installed it, didn't check my house to see if I was the source of the noise.

We shall see.

Check the event log. I need to show this to my ISP Cox! They blame my equipment when it isn't. I have the CM400 though. Looks good and happy they fixed it!

I cleared the event log after comcast left.

I'm hoping the log will stay clear.

The tech said that i shouldn't have been able to get any Internet with that filter inline but i did.

That's why it was saying partial service because i was able to get only 1 upstream channel.

Good luck

I cleared the event log after comcast left.

I'm hoping the log will stay clear.

The tech said that i shouldn't have been able to get any Internet with that filter inline but i did.

That's why it was saying partial service because i was able to get only 1 upstream channel.

Good luck

I hope so! I shared your story with them but left out it was Comcast and let's see what happens. I can not get anywhere with them. Did you experience lag even with the Duma before they came?

Yes, I was experiencing lag even with the Netduma. The whole 1/2 second behind everyone, bullet sponge crap fest that CoDAW has been for me.

That could've have been from lag compensation though since my ping was averaging 15ms in the diagnostic test.

I haven't played anything yet after the fix. 

I'll let you know.

I can tell you this:

Ask for a tech to come, have him connect his equipment (Comcast uses a JDSU DSAM Wavetek Series Field meter) to check for Noise in your coax lines. Have him show you the meter during the test. It shows a graph just like a ping graph. That line should be straight as an arrow and not fluctuate. If the line is erratic or has even a small sine wave, there is noise in your lines and he needs to check all fittings and lines to find and correct the noise issue. 

Then have him call to get your modem Re-Provisioned. 

After all that is done, log into your modem and look at the signal levels. 

They should be within these specs for Cox;

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/3692

24 hrs later and I still have zero T3 or T4 errors.

So far, So good.

:D

1440783391-U1511.jpg

Haven't played any game yet, still working everyday.

I'm sure games will play great now though.

We shall see.

The tech that was here one time told me they put the filters to block out the lower frequency so that you have to call them and have it fixed. Basically they block your signal because it's effecting everyone else and it's up to you to bitch about it until someone comes out and fixes it or you pay to have someone fix it.

Yeah they see noise in the network and put filters on houses that have the noise problem except my house didn't have any noise. The tech just randomly starting putting filters on drops.

This is why i have the service plan for $5/month.

Best investment ever.

I can call them for a tech to visit every day of the year with no charge.

My ISP says that their is no noise on my line and everything is at the level it should be. But not because a tech came out but because they say that from their office.

Yeah they see noise in the network and put filters on houses that have the noise problem except my house didn't have any noise. The tech just randomly starting putting filters on drops.

This is why i have the service plan for $5/month.

Best investment ever.

I can call them for a tech to visit every day of the year with no charge.

ouch...a tech once came out and told me my signal was too strong and started putting splitters right before my modem...YAY!

So I just tried to download some maps for Battlefield 4 on PS4 through my R1, and my network keeps crashing.

It's the same problem I saw with the SB6183 modem. (I am now using the CM500 modem) 

Latency spikes and downloads drop to 1kb/sec.

I restarted everything then tried downloading the maps again. Network crashed again.

So i disconnected the R1 and just used wifi from my PS4 to my Asus router to download the maps. 

My download has now averaged 4000kb/sec with no stopping, no crashing. 

I know there was a problem with the SB6183 and Energy Efficient Ethernet but I'm not using that modem anymore and the CM500 doesn't have that problem.

So what gives?

Why does my R1 keep crashing my network when it downloads a large file?

Why do I keep reading on the forums about other people having speed related problems?

And yes,

Geo is disabled

Congestion sliders are at 100% for both

Share Excess is ticked

Bandwidth is set for my speeds 180down 13up

using Reactive

Speed test from R1 are 133 down 13 up

Hmm. My network started spiking last night at 10 pm to 455 ms latency and 30% to 50% packet loss using Ping Plotter to check my network. My ISP says maybe it is the R1. I wasn't downloading anything or using anything. It just started going crazy.

I rebooted everything and it seams good now.

Archived