Crazy Issues!! :(

Hello there,

I have purchased the router about 20 days ago. I have tried to set it up and follow all instructions that i could find. I have tried also many possible solutions found in the forum from other members as well as resetting rebooting etc.

Game: AW

Console: PS4

Modem: Cisco epc3928 

Attached: Test Results

My issues are as following:

1. Cannot play games when in party  
    When im in a party with my friends its either i will be kicked or one of my friends will be kicked or it will take ages to find a game and when it does im very so laggy that its most likely i will go negative.

2. Its so laggy its almost funny
    It might take ages to find a game but when it does, even if i have full bars and everybody else from the opposite team has 1-2 bars they seem to kill be with one bullet where i keep shooting at them and they dont fall.

3. Connects out of geo-filter
    It keeps connecting to servers out of my geo-range, this doesn't happend always but 90% of the times it does.

4. Weird behaviors
    2-3 games after using the rooter it becomes weird and i can see on the map all the players/hosts as if the strict mode was unchecked (and then above issues get enhanced) also in order to see the "locked" hosts out of my geo-filter i have to restart the rooter and the ps4; then i see them for the first game and then they are gone, they dont show up again

I appreciate any help guys!!!!

post-3441-0-35984400-1440524815_thumb.jpg

post-3441-0-12198300-1440527614_thumb.jpg

post-3441-0-58632000-1440527745_thumb.jpg

• Netduma Staff

Ok. I'll go through them in order :)

1. Can you go to Settings >> Miscellaneous and makes sure Bleeding Edge Cloud is enabled. Also make sure your friends are on your allowed list and finally, once you are into the game, disable the GeoFilter.
  2. You have quite a high base ping which could be part of the issue. But can you post the results from here. Also, fixing problem three might fix this :)
  3. Can you follow these instructions to fix this.
  4. See if number 3 fixes this.

Can you also make sure the router is set up as recommended here.

Hey Johnny P,

Welcome, I would also suggest after doing all that is adding your friends to your allow list.

http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=adding_friends_to_your_allow_list

I would also suggest to leave your sliders to 100% and not lower it down as it caps your bandwidth, everyones network!

After you have done everything Crossy has suggested could you post a picture of your host filtering?

Just an FYI there is a bug in the filtering if you leave the map open for a long time. Have you tired to refresh the page every so often & what browser do you use?

Ok. I'll go through them in order :)

1. Can you go to Settings >> Miscellaneous and makes sure Bleeding Edge Cloud is enabled. Also make sure your friends are on your allowed list and finally, once you are into the game, disable the GeoFilter.
  2. You have quite a high base ping which could be part of the issue. But can you post the results from here. Also, fixing problem three might fix this :)
  3. Can you follow these instructions to fix this.
  4. See if number 3 fixes this.

Can you also make sure the router is set up as recommended here.

I have applied the changes you have told me and i have also added the screenshot in the main question. Please review them and let me know.

Also now i have tried it and i can find games easier but still feel that im being seen before i see them.. As i keep shooting at them and next thing u know im dead with a bullet.

Hey Johnny P,

Welcome, I would also suggest after doing all that is adding your friends to your allow list.

http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=adding_friends_to_your_allow_list

I would also suggest to leave your sliders to 100% and not lower it down as it caps your bandwidth, everyones network!

After you have done everything Crossy has suggested could you post a picture of your host filtering?

Just an FYI there is a bug in the filtering if you leave the map open for a long time. Have you tired to refresh the page every so often & what browser do you use?

I always had it at 100% and just changed it now to 65% as i seen a post that said it could help. Ill turn it back to 100%

Leaving the sliders at 70% with your bandwidth speed set in the Netduma stops other on your network from creating local network lag.

I have tried it at 70% it feels like its doing more damage than good..

Thank you all for the help... i really appreciate it!! I hope we can fix this...

• Netduma Staff

Ok, had a look at the pics. Id the GeoFilter set up as explained here. Also, what are your internet speeds? It looks like you have a high in game ping so I would suggest making the GeoFilter smaller and increasing ping assist to 60 in your case :)

Ok, had a look at the pics. Id the GeoFilter set up as explained here. Also, what are your internet speeds? It looks like you have a high in game ping so I would suggest making the GeoFilter smaller and increasing ping assist to 60 in your case :)

My Internet speed is 

30mb download

2.0mb upload

I have applied the geofirlter change (a 100 times in the past aswell as now) and clicked it 3 times. and set ping to 70

• Netduma Staff

Ok, I would suggest (even if you've clicked it three times) setting the distance to no more than 2000km. With those internet speeds, it is definitely recommended to play with congestion control set to 70/70. When you do that, make sure you have set the correct speeds on the Netduma.

Ok so FYI when I usually make test connection on ps4 it says d: 29.8 and u: 2.1; now with the applied settings and I would guess congestion control, I get only d: 15.3 and u: 916.2kbps

I mean is that the way it's supposed to be? Doesn't seem right or good enough

my friend Johnny. We live in the same region (approx). From my experience you will never be able to play on a dedi with ping less than your test results+10 (70 ms in your case).

My advise: Party up and try p2p. Hard to find but if you do it'll be like playing on LAN

• Netduma Staff

Ok so FYI when I usually make test connection on ps4 it says d: 29.8 and u: 2.1; now with the applied settings and I would guess congestion control, I get only d: 15.3 and u: 916.2kbps

I mean is that the way it's supposed to be? Doesn't seem right or good enough

That is what is meant to happen :) That is more than enough bandwidth for a game and now means that local congestion won't be a cause of lag :)

What is the ping in game now?

my friend Johnny. We live in the same region (approx). From my experience you will never be able to play on a dedi with ping less than your test results+10 (70 ms in your case).

My advise: Party up and try p2p. Hard to find but if you do it'll be like playing on LAN

What do u mean try p2p? How? And also what other options do I have?

What do u mean try p2p? How? And also what other options do I have?

reduce GF radius so dedis are excluded. If friends are outside your new GF radius, add them in your allow list. Party up, party up, party up.

• Administrators

Hello there,

I have purchased the router about 20 days ago. I have tried to set it up and follow all instructions that i could find. I have tried also many possible solutions found in the forum from other members as well as resetting rebooting etc.

Game: AW

Console: PS4

Modem: Cisco epc3928 

Attached: Test Results

My issues are as following:

1. Cannot play games when in party  

When im in a party with my friends its either i will be kicked or one of my friends will be kicked or it will take ages to find a game and when it does im very so laggy that its most likely i will go negative.

2. Its so laggy its almost funny

It might take ages to find a game but when it does, even if i have full bars and everybody else from the opposite team has 1-2 bars they seem to kill be with one bullet where i keep shooting at them and they dont fall.

3. Connects out of geo-filter

It keeps connecting to servers out of my geo-range, this doesn't happend always but 90% of the times it does.

4. Weird behaviors

2-3 games after using the rooter it becomes weird and i can see on the map all the players/hosts as if the strict mode was unchecked (and then above issues get enhanced) also in order to see the "locked" hosts out of my geo-filter i have to restart the rooter and the ps4; then i see them for the first game and then they are gone, they dont show up again

I appreciate any help guys!!!!

1. Add your friends to allow list: http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=adding_friends_to_your_allow_list . If your friends live far away and have host then you will obviously get distance lag. 
  2. This is because your connection is already high ping. Your best case scenario is 70ms. This is probably due to where you live. BUT you will normally get much higer the Netduma will get you as close as possible to your 70ms
  3. Set your ping assist to 0 and keep strict mode on. If you do that nothing outside (other than friends) filter will connect. However it may take longer to get games
  4. Just go to "Settings > Misc" then in the cloud section tick "autocloud" and  tick "bleeding edge" then click apply. Then that issue should not happen again

Does that help? 

Archived