upload download speeds

• Administrators

Hi Sammo,

Thanks for posting back. We always suggest checking your bandwidth on speedtest.net on a PC. Any other device or testing platform can give much lower results. Especially consoles, they often underestimate bandwidth.

Also remember bandwidth is really overrated. There are far more important metrics for the Internet :) 

thankyou! its just where my ps4 has always given results of 30/5, always, nothings changed and now all of a sudden all the ps4 is saying 8/350KBPS, just thought it was wierd, sorry for muddling it here as i obviously thought it was the netduma, but tried a few games with it, obv upload download is still showing the same so the netduma isnt impacting anything, but games seem to run very smoothly, really like it so far so will check back if i run into any problems!

• Administrators

ok great, the only thing I could think of is if MTU is set correctly. But its more likely the servers they use for testing are probably under quite a heavy load with people downloading so much at the moment. 

also it says in the netduma update patch that it has implemented 'strict mode' for destiny, but it says a few times in the boards to make sure strict mode is turned off for destiny, so why has it been implemented just to be turned off?

• Administrators

If its auto you should be fine. Also for Destiny I'd suggest having strict mode off buddy and in "Settings > Misc" have bleeding edge and auto cloud ticked then click apply 

Just as a good housekeeping thing to do on your PS4 you could try rebuilding the database.

1. Turn the PlayStation 4 completely off.
  2. Once the PlayStation 4 is off, press and hold the power button. Release it after you've heard two beeps: one when you initially press, and another about 7 seconds later.
  3. Connect the DualShock 4 controller with the provided USB cable and press the PS button on the controller.
  4. Rebuild Database.

Archived