upload download speeds

Hello,

I bought one of your routers! :D

gone through all the settings and setup to play destiny, turned my ps4 on, normally get a speed test of 25 down and 4 up, but now getting a 2 down and .245ish up

any ideas why that is?

Hello,

I bought one of your routers! :D

gone through all the settings and setup to play destiny, turned my ps4 on, normally get a speed test of 25 down and 4 up, but now getting a 2 down and .245ish up

any ideas why that is?

Welcome Sammo,

could you give a little more info on your current setup? Like ISP do you have any other routers or what modem do you use? Is it a gateway? Did you get those numbers from the PSN or from speedtest.net?

Just a couple of thoughts

Have you lowered your congestion control sliders below 100%?

The console reading is not that accurate in general.

Have you tries a speed test at speedtest.net?

hello guys,

im on bt infinity with a home hub 5,

my speedtest on pc was 15 and 1.4, whish is lower than usual anyway as its usually in the 20s and 4s

i know ps4 test isnt great but i still use it alot for referance but i have never had readings that low,

and just played my first game of rumble with it and its the worst lag ive ever experienced so im guessing its something ive done wrong but not sure what it could be as ive done everything from the setup and destiny settings (game im playing)

my download upload cap bars in congestion control are set at 100%

and i have my ps4 set at 50 with the device priority graph

Make sure you are running the latest software version R1 debug version 1.03.4 running on rb-951g-2hnd .

Ok try a BT wholesale speed test here, http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/You need to put the correct speeds into the antiflood bandwidth settings and then select preemptive.

Try setting your CC sliders to 70%

Make sure you are on a wired connection or using powerplugs if possible.

I do not play Destiny so will leave any other advice to the giys n gals that do.

Hmmm Are you going through the HH5? I have bt infinity and removed the HH5 and just used the R1 with no problems at all.

Ahhhh , there is a link somewhere I will go find it for you.

HH5 you need to put the R1 into the DMZ and then the HH5 is just acting as a pass through.

Also remember you may have two wireless systems in play which can conflict and reduce speeds if broadcasting in same channel range.

everything is hardwired so its not the wireless, also i read both of the destiny wikis thanks for the links though!

just plugged normal router back in and gone back to 29.91 and 0.36.

Ill try the dmz on the R1 but i wasnt getting any nat issues at all was still open nat etc

thanks for the help buddy really appreciate it, tried destiny again with everything and still really unplayable, im guessing its me thats not done something correct but no idea what...

You may try this as well. There was a major cloud update to the servers a little over a week ago. Go under Settings>Misc Check bleeding edge/Enable auto cloud and click apply cloud settings. There is no notification that tells you when the cloud update is completed though. They told us that it could be around a few hours to fully complete.

Then see how the game plays. It might be your servers are not up to date.

hello! i did do some research beforehand and ticked the cloud and bleeding boxes.

ill also  hang on to see if it updates it somehow,

ok just done a speedtest and its gone to 21 and .28 through the netduma... improved! maybe its as you said with the updates? ill turn my ps4 on and see if its recovered haha

ok just for referance, its not the netduma, whenever i test my speed on my ps4 on my bt HH5 it normally shows a good connection but its really bad now, and its just the ps4, so i think its a problem my end. When i have the netduma on my pc and everything tests just fine.

set netduma up at a friends house and seemed to work fine! didnt want any newcomers to see my problems and associate it with the netduma, its literally a problem with my ps4 i think... ill keep the thread updated, going to try changning dns settings on my ps4 to google and give that a go

Archived