PS4 Low Internet conection

Hi ppl.

I Bought My NetDuma  a few days ago and love this router but sometimes make me crasy. 

I have some problems:

First is the speed I have on the PS4:

before I bought Netduma my ISP Router I have about (50MB DownLoad/ 5.5Upload on the PS4)  

now the Max I have is 36MB DownLoad and 3.8 Upload on the PS4
But Sometimes i Have 10Mb Down and 1.4Upload On the PS4
this makes me Crasy.

In My playstation 4 I have my network config automatic. (I only play connected by Wire)

On my ISP before NetDuma i have personalized network with the primary DNS and Secundary DNS (both from google 8.8.8.8 and the other 212.113.119.129)

But with NetDuma I don't know what to do so i make configuration by default.

My Internet Conection is 130MB Download / 9 Upload (in the Netduma i have allmost about that) 

and i allready did this http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=fine_tune_netduma

The Other Problem I have: 

This happens sometimes. When I'm In a party of voice of the PS4 some Friend appear NAT problems and I can´t ear them. They are in Geo Filter range. They Live a few Km/Miles  from my House.

I Never had this problem With no one before Netduma.

When the NETDUMA doesnt give any problem looks Like im playing COD in LAN :D

Can You Help me? 

Sorry My Ingles :P

Now, have you made sure the router is updated to the lastest firmware?

http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=manual_update

Then after that go to Settings>Misc and make sure bleeding edge/enable auto cloud are checked Then click apply cloud settings. -- This should help with the party servers.  

• Netduma Staff

Hi Ti-kuan, welcome to the forum :)

To change the DNS servers to to Settings >> LAN and the option is in there :)

It looks like your probably getting max speeds through the Netduma. And don't worry about what the PS4 speed test says. First of all it isn't that accurate and second of all, 36mbps is more than enough to play games anyway.

Now, have you made sure the router is updated to the lastest firmware?

http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=manual_update

Then after that go to Settings>Misc and make sure bleeding edge/enable auto cloud are checked Then click apply cloud settings. -- This should help with the party servers.  

Buck Nasssty updating the firmeware was the first thing i did before starting setting up my home network.

The Bleeding edge i will do that.

tkx

Hi Ti-kuan, welcome to the forum :)

To change the DNS servers to to Settings >> LAN and the option is in there :)

It looks like your probably getting max speeds through the Netduma. And don't worry about what the PS4 speed test says. First of all it isn't that accurate and second of all, 36mbps is more than enough to play games anyway.

Crossy i thought that I only need to put the DNS servers only in the playstation :P because on the Netduma i have allmost Top speed i pay for my ISP.

Yes ping is actual speed when it comes to games not the width of the band it is travelling in.

Zennon You are right but... I only buy digital games(and every time i make one update of the game i dont whant to wait day's to download) and ussually i Make Shareplay with my friends and with that internet connection on my PS4 is impossivel as you know.

Let me see if later in the night the problem with the parties is now right.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi ppl.

I Bought My NetDuma  a few days ago and love this router but sometimes make me crasy. 

I have some problems:

First is the speed I have on the PS4:

before I bought Netduma my ISP Router I have about (50MB DownLoad/ 5.5Upload on the PS4)  

now the Max I have is 36MB DownLoad and 3.8 Upload on the PS4

But Sometimes i Have 10Mb Down and 1.4Upload On the PS4

this makes me Crasy.

In My playstation 4 I have my network config automatic. (I only play connected by Wire)

On my ISP before NetDuma i have personalized network with the primary DNS and Secundary DNS (both from google 8.8.8.8 and the other 212.113.119.129)

But with NetDuma I don't know what to do so i make configuration by default.

My Internet Conection is 130MB Download / 9 Upload (in the Netduma i have allmost about that) 

and i allready did this http://wiki.netduma.com/doku.php?id=fine_tune_netduma

The Other Problem I have: 

This happens sometimes. When I'm In a party of voice of the PS4 some Friend appear NAT problems and I can´t ear them. They are in Geo Filter range. They Live a few Km/Miles  from my House.

I Never had this problem With no one before Netduma.

When the NETDUMA doesnt give any problem looks Like im playing COD in LAN :D

Can You Help me? 

Sorry My Ingles :P

Hi Ti-Kuan

when a friend joins a chat party they will show up on the DUMA. click on there icon and slide quality bar to 100% and add to allow list, basically the router is doing its job and blocking them.

you might have to repeat this many times for each friend, i did.

regards

steve

• Administrators

Can you do a speed test from the PS4 web browser please, it will be more reliable. 

You can change the DNS from settings > LAN

The new update will ensure you get your full speeds completely.

Do add them to your allow list and also un tick strict mode. Go to settings > miscellaneous and ensure auto & bleeding edge cloud is ticked and applied. If it is already click apply again to re flush the cloud. 

Don't worry your English is great :)

Archived