Post your Internet Diagnosis results

Guest Netduma Luke

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is quite high for a base ping, but it is very stable at least.

Not likely to be something Netduma related but more ISP. You should jump into chat and try grab Fraser / Iain for further diagnosis.

feeling like a forum noob, how do you upload a pic?

In the text box below the thread click on more reply options. Then under the box you can choose the file from your computer, then click attach this file :)

Fraser has you covered :)

Yeah, I seldom come close to maxing on download or upload just now. May change as kids get older and 4k streaming etc kicks in.

Just glad for the 20mb upload I have. Before that on ADSL it was sub 1mbps which made any FTTP transfers a right PITA

Guest Netduma_Iain

ltr7 that is a good connection, so your high pings are either other people at your home making you lag or not using your geo-filter correctly. It seems like your using the GF well now so thats a good thing.

I reckon you should be able to get games below 40ms pretty consistently with that connection, if not let me know please buddy. 

I gamed for a few hours last night, always seems to connect me to the same ded so I watched ping all night. It seems to me during high usage hours ie 7-11pm the ping almost doubles on that ded, goes from 40ms to 80ms with regular spikes during game loads. Has anyone else noticed this? I still pull three bars and gaming isn't to bad, but if it goes past 100ms game over might as well go to bed.

I'm in the north west, but I use north east servers because everything on the west coast has high ping to me. Way more traffic on eastern states as well, easier to get lobbies. I posted a screen shot on that other thread about east coast servers, it shows the ded i connect to 90% of the time. Don't get me wrong even on the worst days now its WAY better then it was before netduma.. I actually like playing this game now! 

Guest Netduma_Iain

tlr I would highly recommend not going east coast, if you really don't like west coast games how about putting yourself in the middle of the USA before the game begins. I think that will help a lot. To further discuss this though please start a new thread we're making too much noise for this thread :) 

Do we see any issues here? Because the game doesn't feel smooth at all! Lot's of jitter and spikes. Instadeaths for days.

Me too. I do not know what it is. I think it is AW maybe even Xbox Live.

im on east coast and i have same issues  insta deaths and people moving jittery and no bullet reg. about half my lobbies are like this and im forced to  most times. please let me know what we can do for solutions.

Guest Netduma_Iain

alpha game ping is very different to internet diagnosis test mate. Game ping will mostly be dominanted by the host you connect to & the distance to get there.

im on east coast and i have same issues  insta deaths and people moving jittery and no bullet reg. about half my lobbies are like this and im forced to  most times. please let me know what we can do for solutions.

Change your game style.

Camp alittle, be selective and careful of spawns.

Notice if your team is all on the one side of the map, possibility of enemy spawning near you increases like this, game mode depending of course.

Honestly thou 1/2 of my deaths are because im looking at the mini map and not the game.

UAV with threat detection and the parabolic microphone is like god mode to me. Im very lost without them.

Archived