Black ops 3 strict/moderate Nat.

Ok so I finally set up the port forwarding and the NAT is open now on BO3 on X1. I played one game with Auto Ping on pA set to 35ms and Strict Mode off and GF at 500 miles. The game was a bit laggy and Ping Graph below showed a 60ms ping and it was a straight / flat line.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a update.... Since I opened my Nat the game has played much better. However I still get those wtf moments. I have gone negative here and there ,but overall huge difference.

Yeah. It seemed as though the hit detection was better with an open NAT. Also I was able to decrease my Geofilter to just the east coast with a ping of around 40. I believe it was P2P though. It kept trying to put me in th Seattle server and a server in the Midwest which I was able to prevent.

If you open up port 3075/udp then you will have an Open NAT. For some reason, BO3 didn't use the standard xbox ports and UPnP didn't automatically open it up. Von tweeted this a couple days ago. Surprised they didn't tell us at the start of the beta. 

• 2 months later...

For people that'll be starting up BO3 this weekend, note that the problem mentioned in this thread still happens.  While the test from PS4's Network setup page shows NAT as Type 2 (Open), BO3 in-game Network setting showed "Moderated" initially.  After restarting the game, it showed "Strict". 

In order for the game to show NAT as open, I ended up having to restart the PS4 and also the R1.  Following that, all is well.

Also - a wierd quirk about this game (until they resolve it) is that when you try to play multiplayer, if you happen to hit "X" to continue immediately following the opening intro thing, it'll fail and you'll not be able to play online.   The way around this is to be patient and wait until the top right of the screen changes from 33.0.0 whatever to 33.1.9.1 (or something equivalent) and THEN hit "x" to continue.  Once you do this, online gameplay works fine :)

Enjoy

I have two consoles in my house, both running through the NETDUMA. I had an open NAT and the other had a Moderate NAT until he port forwarded 3075/UDP through the DUMA now he has an open NAT and im on a moderate NAT, How do i get both consoles to have open NAT's on Black ops 3?

What about PS4?

If you have a mod or strict NAT follow the wiki and be sure to hard reset your system and it wouldn't hurt to reboot everything on your network after the changes.

For people that'll be starting up BO3 this weekend, note that the problem mentioned in this thread still happens.  While the test from PS4's Network setup page shows NAT as Type 2 (Open), BO3 in-game Network setting showed "Moderated" initially.  After restarting the game, it showed "Strict". 

In order for the game to show NAT as open, I ended up having to restart the PS4 and also the R1.  Following that, all is well.

Also - a wierd quirk about this game (until they resolve it) is that when you try to play multiplayer, if you happen to hit "X" to continue immediately following the opening intro thing, it'll fail and you'll not be able to play online.   The way around this is to be patient and wait until the top right of the screen changes from 33.0.0 whatever to 33.1.9.1 (or something equivalent) and THEN hit "x" to continue.  Once you do this, online gameplay works fine :)

Enjoy

Just do what he ^^ says. It works.

Regards Spartacus

If you have a mod or strict NAT follow the wiki and be sure to hard reset your system and it wouldn't hurt to reboot everything on your network after the changes.

I did reset everything and now it's open.

BTW, what is a hard reset of the console?

Archived