Black ops 3 strict/moderate Nat.

Im having same issue on XB1.  network connection says open nat, BO3 says moderate nat.  If I go back to Advanced warfare it says open nat.  All these are with geofilter disable and enabled.

When I played on BO3 on the PS4 last week, I got type 2 on system and open nat on bo3.

This must be an issue with Xbox 1

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The game doesn't send a UPnP signal to the router. The UPnP is broken in game.  Xbox live does but the game doesn't.   That is why your get open NAT on the Xbox One but not in game. 

You will need to forward the your xbox one ports including 3075 to get the NAT open. This worked for me on the Xbone. 

The game doesn't send a UPnP signal to the router. The UPnP is broken in game. Xbox live does but the game doesn't. That is why your get open NAT on the Xbox One but not in game.

You will need to forward the your xbox one ports including 3075 to get the NAT open. This worked for me on the Xbone.

How do you do this Buck?

How do you do this Buck?

Go to port forwarding on you R1 and set it up just the way my pic shows.  Don't forget to click apply. Then reboot the R1 and Xbox and you should have an open NAT.  

Go to port forwarding on you R1 and set it up just the way my pic shows. Don't forget to click apply. Then reboot the R1 and Xbox and you should have an open NAT.

Lovely and thanks!

Yeah if you want.  There is a disable/enable button there as well.  Also it does not screw up the upnp on the R1 either. Let me know how it goes and if you are able to get your NAT open.

Yeah if you want. There is a disable/enable button there as well. Also it does not screw up the upnp on the R1 either. Let me know how it goes and if you are able to get your NAT open.

I will let you know! Thanks B!

Yeah if you want. There is a disable/enable button there as well. Also it does not screw up the upnp on the R1 either. Let me know how it goes and if you are able to get your NAT open.

One more question do I disable it when I play on the PS4? Or can I leave it enabled.

My suggestion only concerns the Xbox One. I would probably disable it being the Playstation Network may be different. I don't have a PS4 sorry.

I think so too. I will plus I checked the previous link that was posted in this thread and the PS4 uses different ports. Grazie!

Didn't work for me still got moderate nat.......

All ports forwarded.

Though I am behind another Router, but the R1 is DMZ'd through it.

I can only add 7 rules as well, you have 8 ?

EDit : 3075 opened it up.

My suggestion only concerns the Xbox One. I would probably disable it being the Playstation Network may be different. I don't have a PS4 sorry.

It didn't work plus I checked my connection on Ping Plotter and it went crazy.

Hi every one wanted to give a update since I started this post on the concern with my Playstation version. I did the power cycle starting with modem then Duma then Playstation and that made it open for the duration of the Beta. Not sure for the Xbox version as I have not down loaded it yet. For Frasier and Ian thank you for looking over this post and I have no doubt your support for this game will be as great as anything els you do, your hard work on your product is very evident in this community and your team is loved for it.

Yeah I believe in order to forward ports properly you have to set a static address for the device (I.e. Xbox). Let me know if you get it to work.

Where and how do I set it up?

On the R1 Go under Settings>DHCP lease 

Fill in the:

MAC address: you are going to have to get this off your Xbox.

Name: Whatever you want to name the device

Reserved: Check the box

Host: I would go into setting on your Xbox One. Click Network. Click Advanced Settings. The IP address for your Xbox One should be the top one on the right.  Use the last three digits of that IP address for the Host entry on the R1. 

May sure you click apply.  

Now each time you boot up your Xbox One the R1 will always give it the same IP address (static).  

Now when you portforward on the R1 the host 3 digits will be the last three digits of your Xbox One IP address.  The IP address that it is asking for in the portforward area is your Xbox One IP address.  

Archived