Router setup options

Just placed an order for the Netduma and I am planning what my setup should be.

If I run my setup like this - -

Modem ---> Asus AC68U --> Netduma

Are all the features on the Netduma will function properly?

I have a 180Mbit connection and from what I read, The Netduma won't allow me to use my full connection.

Just a suggestion. I would swap the location of the R1 and the Asus router. I have the exact same router and what I found works best for me is Modem>R1>Asus(as access point). If you have any questions just let me know.

With this set up I am able to utilize the wifi capabilities of the Asus and all router/lag prevention capabilities of the R1.

Concerning the connections. I have my Xbox One and IMac connected directly to the R1 and everything else connected by wifi to the Asus. I am able to see all devices on the R1.

Congratulations on owning the R1.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Thanks for purchasing the router Knxwledge. 

Thank-you Buck, I also agree with what Buck said. The only downside is you'll lose a bit of bandwidth. If you want to max out 180 then I'd suggest you keep the setup you proposed :) 

I guess I will have to try and see how much bandwidth I can get out of the Netduma when I get it.

Just curious about the netduma features if I place it after another router. Looks like I wont be missing out on any of them.

Thanks guys!

Archived