VPN Providers

Guest Netduma_Iain

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi everyone,

Our VPN has two modes. Basic and advanced, with advanced you can connect to any OpenVPN server if you have the config file. Your VPN provider should give you that. However this means you'd need to have copies of different config files if you want to change your location. So its not as convenient as our basic feature where you simply type the location.

Currently our basic version only supports "Hide My Ass". We have no business relationship with them, its just the VPN server that one of our testers was using. Now that we have customers, please let us know which VPNs you like to use and we will try get them in the basic section so you don't need to use config files.

Also if you need any assistance setting up the advanced section in the meantime please don't hesitate to contact us. But please start a new thread.

tl;dr Tell me the VPN provider you want to use

Best,

Iain

Guest Netduma Fraser

i had issues with expressvpn, it didn't stop a DDoS attack.

Hey, can you post a thread detailing your issue so we can better assist you. This thread is just for requesting VPN providers to be supported.

Hey, can you post a thread detailing your issue so we can better assist you. This thread is just for requesting VPN providers to be supported.

sorry, it's an issue with the VPN not behaving properly not an issue with how i connected to it (i used their PC application, with a bridge connection to my xbox..also did a Tomato VPN connection to them).  I then DDoS attacked myself to find that it couldn't handle the stress.

Guest Netduma Fraser

Most VPN servers/providers cant tolerate a DDoS attack, if they can it usually costs more. The idea of the VPN is not to stop an attack but to be able to adapt quickly changing your location so you can get back into the game with little delay, you're not held hostage by the DDoSer.  I hope that helps. 

Most VPN servers/providers cant tolerate a DDoS attack, if they can it usually costs more. The idea of the VPN is not to stop an attack but to be able to adapt quickly changing your location so you can get back into the game with little delay, you're not held hostage by the DDoSer.  I hope that helps. 

definitely, i feel this is derailing this thread...I agree with what you are saying I was just trying to prioritize which VPN providers i'd like to see first.  Let's just ignore me and move forward.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Netduma Staff

Madison that post looks suspiciously like a bot...

Not sure if you know this exists Iain but there is a spam log in the ACP. The email linked with the account came up as 4 (known spammer) :)

• Netduma Staff

oh right you can get rid of him if you want mate. You know I'm a forum noob

ok, lol. Banned him but left the post so our posts relate to something and don't look random. Delete his if you want but I thought it was a good spam post - at least it wasn't about sunglasses :D

ok, lol. Banned him but left the post so our posts relate to something and don't look random. Delete his if you want but I thought it was a good spam most - at least it wasn't about sunglasses :D

lol.  Yeah spammer stayed on topic, give him a break :P

• 4 weeks later...

Archived