Internet Drop out and cant find a game.

• Netduma Staff

I have disabled wifi on my BT home hub as that was interfering which seem to fix the problem for a couple of months but now its just as bad again

On a PC wired to the Netduma could you download ping plotter and run it. Then can you screen shot the relavent part of the graph when the connection goes down? :)

You could also try switching the Etnernet cable that connects the Netduma and Home Hub.

• Netduma Staff

No I have the Geo filter disabled

So the button says 'Enable'?

If you connect your console directly to BT router can you find games. And is this a recent thing with the drop outs and not finding games?

Yes the button says enable ... plus its been an issue for about a month now just not had the time to game so only just found out I cant join games but the drop out has been happening for about a month.  I first noticed when watching netfilx and trying to play Clash on Clans on my phone.

The I am using is the one you sent me ... I have a spare one somewhere Ill change this today and get back to you but when the drop out happens It makes my Home Hub 5 drop out, the home hub 5 flashes orange for a couple of mins and then comes back online.

• Netduma Staff

The I am using is the one you sent me ... I have a spare one somewhere Ill change this today and get back to you but when the drop out happens It makes my Home Hub 5 drop out, the home hub 5 flashes orange for a couple of mins and then comes back online.

Ok, so it is your other router too then. That sounds more like an issue with the Home Hub. Is it the Home Hub 5? If it is then I had this issue too and have used the Home Hub 4 since.

• Netduma Staff

I don't have the home hub 4 any more, I might be able to pick one up from somewhere but If I take the Netduma out of the link the issue seems to go away.

I didn't really try and fix it when I had my issue, I just switched to the HH4 and that sorted it out. Do you have a modem, if you do can you connect the Netduma directly to that?

And can you confirm that the issue definitely goes when the Netduma isn't connected. Have you tried switching out the ethernet?

Archived