English Premier League 2015-16

Netduma Luke

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

75 million for de Bruyne, hes worth maybe half of that lol...

i mean he just had one good season

Does anyone think that these players are worth that kind of money. Do the clubs recoup anything from the purchase of high profile players.

For example, say Chelsea buy John Stones for 40 million will they ever get anywhere near that type of money back from shirt sales etc?

My main point is that these prices are not sustainable and something is going to have to give eventually! Barcelona have said it would take 240 million if someone wanted Neymar!!!

well i dont know about him. but its a fact that when reall purchase ronaldo the income for t shirt brought back all the money they spend in like i month i think. but again this is slightly different case as he is just selling mircale 

i doubt that the shirt-sales payed for ronaldos transfer, its just hard to believe

first off madrid only gets money from original ronaldo-kits, and except for core europe you find fake-kits all over the place

id be surprised if any asian or south american madrid fan has a onriginal 75€ madrid kit at home compared to the 5€ fake kits they sell everywhere

i mean in most of these countries 75€ can be a monthly income

aside from that madrid maybe gets 5-10% from each shirt sale, rest goes to the producer, transport, shop, ...

with ronaldo being 94 million it would require 1.253.000 original ronaldo kit sales to bring in the money again, and spain is one of the countries where you can openly buy faked kits on flea markets

madrid is listed on the stock exchange i think so they need to give out a yearly balance, would be interesting to do the math and see if the ronaldo transfer really payed off with shirt-sales

I think they only get money from the official kits you buy from licensed suppliers that actually put Ronaldo's name on the back of the shirt.

I go on holiday to Turkey and they have Real Madrid, Barcelona and almost every top team in Europe shirts available in most places, I ver much doubt the any teams see any of that money

I think they only get money from the official kits you buy from licensed suppliers that actually put Ronaldo's name on the back of the shirt.

I go on holiday to Turkey and they have Real Madrid, Barcelona and almost every top team in Europe shirts available in most places, I ver much doubt the any teams see any of that money

especially since all those are fake most likely lol

Well The transfer window its close now My Arsenal bought only a goalkeeper. Really wanna see how now Midfielder will perform in City last season he had 34 final passes and 10 goal in Wolfsburg.

• Administrators

Well Man City won that transfer window out of the big boys. I hate this international break at the start of the season, just when it's heating up.

Everton v Chelsea is going to be a cracker when it returns after the John Stones saga.

This was my favourite De Gea image from yesterday's shambles:

CNy4nNlUYAAruPf.jpg

• Administrators

Netduma - Where you can chat with the CEO about a football match.

:)

Haha - definitely! Do you like football abc? Feels like interest s beginning to steadily grow in the US now.

I played football from the age of 4, was captain of my middle school team...the freshmen team, the junior varsity team, and the varsity team.

Defender, Stopper or Left/Right (depended on where their fastest player was)...

I have loved the sport.  Played it, coached it, refereed it, and now enjoy watching it.

My city just got a Semi-Pro Team, so I go to those games and get roudy and drunk.  Also University of Louisville Men's Soccer has been NCAA Champions (my alma mater)

• Administrators

I played football from the age of 4, was captain of my middle school team...the freshmen team, the junior varsity team, and the varsity team.

Defender, Stopper or Left/Right (depended on where their fastest player was)...

I have loved the sport.  Played it, coached it, refereed it, and now enjoy watching it.

My city just got a Semi-Pro Team, so I go to those games and get roudy and drunk.  Also University of Louisville Men's Soccer has been NCAA Champions (my alma mater)

This post has made me very happy. Do you follow any European teams? Also, translation request: stopper = centre back? 

This post has made me very happy. Do you follow any European teams? Also, translation request: stopper = centre back? 

stopper = centre back (YUP)

European teams = unfortunately no, i've had to be careful about my hobbies as I am easily addicted

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Some cracking goals this weekend. Benteke's the pick of the bunch.

Arsenal v Chelsea will be fascinating. Chelsea 1 point above the relegation zone. Madness.

Archived