Strict mode lobby booting question/theory

Gunzby

I know some have had issues with getting booted from lobbies while using strict mode where it shows the host well inside their circle (I've experienced this as well).

I also know that AW uses dedicated servers, but also allows you to connect to a host who is connected to the dedicated servers. This makes you connected to a dedi secondhand.

Could this be the reason for the lobby booting? As an example I'm in NC with a 500km radius and get booted while seemingly connected to someone 300km away. If the are connected to a dedi in Seattle could that be the reason?

Guest Netduma_Iain

In .7 we show you the reason why you get booted, so you can decide if you want to expand your circle to that size & get the game :)

I know some have had issues with getting booted from lobbies while using strict mode where it shows the host well inside their circle (I've experienced this as well).

I also know that AW uses dedicated servers, but also allows you to connect to a host who is connected to the dedicated servers. This makes you connected to a dedi secondhand.

Could this be the reason for the lobby booting? As an example I'm in NC with a 500km radius and get booted while seemingly connected to someone 300km away. If the are connected to a dedi in Seattle could that be the reason?

AW can connect you to a player that is connected to a dedi? That sucks! So that player has latency lag to the server and you in turn lag to that player. And that player could be connected to a dedicated anywhere I suppose. Is there anyway to tell if this is happening?

Guest Netduma_Iain

Dirty dog is nearly right. With strict mode off it will only filter other player hosts outside the circle. With it on it will filter ALL hosts outside the circle. 

Similar location and similar result.  I would see a host well within in my radius but keep getting booted in the lobby.  Then it would try to reconnect to the same lobby several times.  

Guest Netduma_Iain

No Dirty Dog it should never block preferred hosts. HOWEVER having said that I made a mistake & broke the Allow&Deny feature with strict mode on in .6, it is fixed in .7. Really sorry about that. 

Archived