Hacked or attempted?

faulko

Jan 24 04:09:44 HTTP login: Detect abnormal logins at 25 times. The newest one was from 31.222.145.40.

Had a tonne of these in my modems connection history , like 70,000 worth.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Not sure tbh I could hazard a guess its some sort of bot trying every IP out to connect it. Maybe abc or someone else with interests in security would like to post. 

Crossy is correct, this could easily be google's webcrawler (they don't know you aren't a webserver since UPnP opens port 80 for your xbox or your PS.

I have these same messages, but not normally to that frequency.  Normally it is just that the ISP is blocking my modem from logging in on the increment that it is trying to

Crossy is correct, this could easily be google's webcrawler (they don't know you aren't a webserver since UPnP opens port 80 for your xbox or your PS.

I have these same messages, but not normally to that frequency.  Normally it is just that the ISP is blocking my modem from logging in on the increment that it is trying to

Always puzzled me why the xbox needs port 80, and port 53 for that matter.  It's not a web server.  I never open those ports and it works fine.

Always puzzled me why the xbox needs port 80, and port 53 for that matter.  It's not a web server.  I never open those ports and it works fine.

actually almost everything ends up using port 80, this is because at some point it hits a webserver hosting webpages.  the xbox does this when you hit the shop

actually almost everything ends up using port 80, this is because at some point it hits a webserver hosting webpages.  the xbox does this when you hit the shop

I'm not talking about outgoing traffic, opening a port allows unsolicited incoming traffic to port 80.  Outbound port 80 is always allowed, you wouldn't get very far on the internet with oubound 80 blocked ..lol

I'm not talking about outgoing traffic, opening a port allows unsolicited incoming traffic to port 80.  Outbound port 80 is always allowed, you wouldn't get very far on the internet with oubound 80 blocked ..lol

Exactly! I don't think that microsoft knows what you just stated.

Exactly! I don't think that microsoft knows what you just stated.

Live works fine if you don't open port 80 and 53 (DNS),you get Open NAT and can host no problem. Not sure why MS wants them open but I'm not opening those ports.  Suck it M$

Live works fine if you don't open port 80 and 53 (DNS),you get Open NAT and can host no problem. Not sure why MS wants them open but I'm not opening those ports.  Suck it M$

no no no no worries...just OPEN THE PORTS!!! you won't be a host for them swear! 

I couldn't forward those to the xbox even if I wanted to, need them for my server.

shhhh, your ISP might be around...and you can only use your connection for "recreational use", "not commercial"...

LOL my ISP blocked me twice for having port 80,443,3389,22,21 :) 

I had to tell them "define recreational" (it wasn't defined in their contracts) and i find it fun to host webservers ;) lol

I will be closing mine tonight. You mean to tell me that what Microsoft was telling us was flawed? Haha

yes and no...they use those ports but not for gaming, the spin up webservers on your xbox on port 80 when you are "host" on some games.

they won't delete that requirement.

shhhh, your ISP might be around...and you can only use your connection for "recreational use", "not commercial"...

LOL my ISP blocked me twice for having port 80,443,3389,22,21 :)

I had to tell them "define recreational" (it wasn't defined in their contracts) and i find it fun to host webservers ;) lol

Purely recreational of course ;)

Archived