problems with billion 7800VDPX > R1 connectivity

Hello, I'd like some step by step help with configuring my billion to recognize connect and give access to internet with the R1 router, I can no longer make it work again even though I have made it work before, when it did work the R1 disconnected from the billion when 2 wireless devices came into range and auto connected, cutting access to the internet to everyone on the network wired or wireless. This was on an older firmware and since then i have updated it to the latest but now I can't seem to get internet connectivity from the R1. Some help with applying the proper settings on the billion and configuring all the IP's would be a good start i think. I have 2 PC's connected through ethernet and a various number of wireless devices all connected to the R1, thanks.

Telstra, PPPoE, when i have DHCP enabled on the billion with a dynamic IP on my PC i can access internet like normal, I've also tried various static IP's on my PC inside and outside of the DHCP range and i cannot access internet or the control panel for the billion so i think that may be part of the issue?

So you have the billion router modem combo. I know other users have this but the basics on this would be:

Option 1: put the billion into bridged mode

Option 2:

1. Give your netduma a static ip on the billion (to get the current IP of the netduma given to it from the billion click on WAN)

2. put the static ip into the DMZ of the billion router.

3. Reboot both routers

If this has already been mentioned I apologize im on my cellphone

• Netduma Staff

Try entering that username and password into the R1 in the PPoE settings? I know that I saw @Netduma_Fraser help someone else with this in chat. Did you give them a generic username and password and they said that that worked? Anyway, try what abs said, he knows his stuff :) Then try using the username and password in the screen shot you posted as the username and password in the PPoE setting on the router.

So you have the billion router modem combo. I know other users have this but the basics on this would be:

Option 1: put the billion into bridged mode

Option 2:

1. Give your netduma a static ip on the billion (to get the current IP of the netduma given to it from the billion click on WAN)

2. put the static ip into the DMZ of the billion router.

3. Reboot both routers

If this has already been mentioned I apologize im on my cellphone

Where is the setting for option 1?

I will try option 2 now

• Netduma Staff

Where is the setting for option 1?

I will try option 2 now

Option one looks as though it was on the second screen shot? There was the box that said 'static ip lease list'. If you click that is ther somewhere to enter devices and give them static IPs?

Try entering that username and password into the R1 in the PPoE settings? I know that I saw @Netduma_Fraser help someone else with this in chat. Did you give them a generic username and password and they said that that worked? Anyway, try what abs said, he knows his stuff :) Then try using the username and password in the screen shot you posted as the username and password in the PPoE setting on the router.

The PPoE method is definitely the best option but you need to put your billion router into bridged mode for it to work

Archived