Geofilter now not showing any servers in CoD AW (PS4)

Hi all

Installed my R1 yesterday, got it up and running in no time. Done an off/on reset to find out which IP is my PS4 and named it in device manager (both PS4 and Sky+ box were showing as "nameless device").

But now when playing CoD AW on PS4, I have no servers coming up on the map at all, and after playing in a server, no ability to rate it either.

I have enabled the sky+ box just in case I got my IP's mixed up but it makes no difference.

NAT type is open in game and I have tried strict mode too, but nothing appears on the map.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Hi Buffet,

On the Host Filtering page, Select games services, PS4 Playstation Network, do you have "Show Hosts" ticked and the big red button says "Disable"?  

Have you tried refreshing the page?

Edit:

7 minutes of lag, no wonder I'm crap at AW  :D

Hi guys thanks for the replies.

I had already done all of what you suggested, still nothing. It was all set up correctly in the first place.

Then I quit to main menu, left the game for 5 mins and when I came back and connected to online play, servers have now appeared.

I am trying to keep the servers I connect to in the UK (I tend to get terrabad routing in the evening to mainland Europe, and other people on BT that I know get the same),

So, there are now a few UK servers showing, however I have no idea which one I am connected to.

The map legend says the largest one is usually the current server, but they are all the same size (and even when zoomed in very small little red squares)! :unsure:

Map legend says red squares are dormant hosts, but that is all the Geofilter is picking up. Also there are only like 5 servers in the whole of the UK - all dormant. Surely that cant be right for cod on a Saturday night? :o

If all the circles are equal size and a big one is missing, it's probably good news, because you are hosting  :)

The point is, there are no circles at all. They are all red squares.

If I untick "show dormant hosts" there is nothing on the map at all.

• Netduma Staff

Yes, I have also tried enabling and disabling it, as well as refreshing the page.

Are you in a game or at the multiplayer menu when you see the dormant hosts? Dormant hosts are hosts that you have connected to in the past two minutes.

close your browser and reopen it.

Didn't make any difference. I am on the wifes laptop on IE 11. Not only does the map not show any hosts I am also unable to use the slider to change distance.

Out of interest I closed it and opened Chrome. Works fine in Chrome!!  :ph34r:

Are you in a game or at the multiplayer menu when you see the dormant hosts? Dormant hosts are hosts that you have connected to in the past two minutes.

Both, when in lobby and in server. But they do not change. Seems like IE 11 on the laptop does not like the R1 web page. Things are working OK in Chrome.

The reason this has thrown me is because I was using Firefox on my PC upstairs yesterday and all was fine. Didn't think IE 11 would be the problem as it is set up to be quite open with content control. That said, I seem to remember it is set to block all 3rd party cookies - which may be what is causing the R1 GUI to malfunction (??)

• Netduma Staff

Yes, IE 11 is a known issue for the R1. The new .7 update should fix some IE 11 updates, but I have just read the change log and don't see it mentioning anything about this problem. I would recommend using another web browser until Iain has looked into this though.

EDIT:

The slider is fixed in the new update :)

Yeah sorry guys I only did a search for geofilter problems on the forum, and the search term "Geofilter not showing any hosts" came up with 0 results.

I didn't think to search for known browser issues  ^_^

All seems well now on Chrome. Happy daisies  :lol:

• Netduma Staff

Yeah sorry guys I only did a search for geofilter problems on the forum, and the search term "Geofilter not showing any hosts" came up with 0 results.

I didn't think to search for known browser issues  ^_^

All seems well now on Chrome. Happy daisies  :lol:

Good! Have fun with your lag free games :)

Archived