Ping Suggestion for the Geo-Filter

a friend in the XIM forums that also has a Netduma gave me the idea:

right now you have to click on a potential host on the geo-filter to see the ping, this is pretty uncomfortable imo

it would be better if the geo-filter, when in zoom-in mode, shows the ping of each host ONLY within your distance-region

the netduma will grab the ping 3 times and give you the average, this value while not 100% accurate for eg players with jumpy pings does at least give you an indication

for further infos you do the regular ping-information

its the average of 3-5 pingings because in more popular games there are too much hosts to live-ping them all

also this ofc is done while the lobby-process is done, therefore this shouldnt influence your gaming experience

from the appearance it could be similar to how pingtest.net does it

they also have a world-map and indicate the ping above the hosts (but their pings do vanish)

www.pingtest.net

furthermore i would like to suggest a refresh-button for this

as you only grab a ping 3 times and then no more the refresh-button allows you to once more grab the ping 3 times from each potential host/player within your geo-filter

thx, this would imo increase the value of the geo-filter a lot as right now the "click host and then ping" just takes too much time to really bother with it when you want to ping 5 or more people

also this would greatly help to educate Netduma Players about Ping-Distance relations and therefore identify "incorrect location" hosts on a much clearer and wider range

I thought of a feature in wich the netduma rejects hosts above certain ping values stablished by the player.
At the end, everyone prefers to play in a lobby 1000 km far away, but with low ping than in a lobby next to your house, but with very high ping.
It would be such as a pingphilter instead of geophilter

How about having the host show as a different color rather than just a bigger ring. Sometimes it's hard to see who the active host is. Also is there a way to tell who's hosting in game PS4 cod AW i.e. match what I see on geo filter to player list?

How about having the host show as a different color rather than just a bigger ring. Sometimes it's hard to see who the active host is. Also is there a way to tell who's hosting in game PS4 cod AW i.e. match what I see on geo filter to player list?

Totally agree with that one!!

Guest Netduma_Iain

We will look into that soon, its difficult to show host but we could do a brightness thing that goes along side the size. I'll try get something experimental done soon.

We will look into that soon, its difficult to show host but we could do a brightness thing that goes along side the size. I'll try get something experimental done soon.

doesnt need to be a different colour, having the host as a square or triangle or star would already be fine

Archived