Geo-Filter Trace by default

I just played with someone I met in a game. He is from Connecticut and I am from New Jersey. When we went to party up, he wasn't able to connect. So i thought maybe I should just expand the filter range a bit, despite the fact that the distance from he and I was certainly within the range set on the geo-filter. It ends up that his "circle" was located in the Midwest (literally dead-center of the US). Obviously he doesn't live there. Perhaps (most likely) ISP's are routing information a bit inefficiently leading to this lag compensation issue that we, the CoD community, have come to despise. Is there anyway that the geo-filter can first trace an IP to see where it is routed, and automatically filter based off this information as opposed to the origin location. It would also be nice to see where our own IP's are being routed. That way we can set our "home" as this location as opposed to our actual home location. Just trying to help solve this problem.

I just played with someone I met in a game. He is from Connecticut and I am from New Jersey. When we went to party up, he wasn't able to connect. So i thought maybe I should just expand the filter range a bit, despite the fact that the distance from he and I was certainly within the range set on the geo-filter. It ends up that his "circle" was located in the Midwest (literally dead-center of the US). Obviously he doesn't live there. Perhaps (most likely) ISP's are routing information a bit inefficiently leading to this lag compensation issue that we, the CoD community, have come to despise. Is there anyway that the geo-filter can first trace an IP to see where it is routed, and automatically filter based off this information as opposed to the origin location. It would also be nice to see where our own IP's are being routed. That way we can set our "home" as this location as opposed to our actual home location. Just trying to help solve this problem.

I know it would probably be a more time consuming process, if in fact it could be implemented, but I know I would not mind the wait if it meant no more lag comp.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi dude,

No this is a misclassified locatio nothing to do with trace. Remember the only metric that truly matters is ping, ping is king. So try ping your friend you'll probably notice its very low as he actually does live near you. It should happen rarely and we are constantly updating the db via cloud. Are you on the latest version (1.02.6) only that version has cloud updates :)

Hi dude,

No this is a misclassified locatio nothing to do with trace. Remember the only metric that truly matters is ping, ping is king. So try ping your friend you'll probably notice its very low as he actually does live near you. It should happen rarely and we are constantly updating the db via cloud. Are you on the latest version (1.02.6) only that version has cloud updates :)

Yes sir I am on .6.  I was having rather great games until partying up with this guy. The connection went out the window. Any reason as to why this might be. It was on my host btw, and I was still using the geo-filter.

Guest Netduma Fraser

Yes sir I am on .6.  I was having rather great games until partying up with this guy. The connection went out the window. Any reason as to why this might be. It was on my host btw, and I was still using the geo-filter.

Have you added him to your allow list? If not you can add him to that by clicking on his circle, rating it high like 100% name him and click apply. Then try reducing your distance a bit and see how you go.

Archived