Device manager bug?

Hi guys just a quick (posible) bug report.  I have a canon MG5450 printer connected wirelessly to the R1 and it's not showing up in device manager.  Can ping and browse to it's config page so it's definitely on the network.  It's set up with a static IP but so are nearly all my devices and they show up OK.

No biggie as it doesn't consume much bandwidth but thought I'd let you know.

Guest Netduma Luke

Does it even appear as a 'nameless device'?

We have tried to automatically detect most mainstream devices and if we can't, it's shown as a nameless device which you can rename on the device manager.

If not, thanks for letting us know.

Does it even appear as a 'nameless device'?

We have tried to automatically detect most mainstream devices and if we can't, it's shown as a nameless device which you can rename on the device manager.

If not, thanks for letting us know.

No not showing up at all, a lot of my devices did show up as nameless which I've now named but the printer's nowhere to be seen. 

I'll try a test and switch the printer to DHCP to see if it shows up, if it does at least it'll narrow the search for the bug a bit.

EDIT:  OK if I switch the printer to DHCP it does show up

EDIT2: After switching back to static IP the device manager shows the printer as disconnected with its DHCP assigned address.  Device magaer won't see it if it's got a fixed IP

Guest Netduma_Iain

Thanks Akic, please let us know if this is the case. I haven't looked at that code in ages but I think its based on the arp table so that is surprising. 

Thanks Akic, please let us know if this is the case. I haven't looked at that code in ages but I think its based on the arp table so that is surprising. 

Yes can confirm, when fixed IP device manager won't see it.

Archived