Still 2 bars in COD AW

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hey roads,

Hope you're well.  Do you mean one of the players was a two bar? 

PS If you're still interested PM me.

Yeah but the Netduma is not filtering everyones connection, only the host to you (or you to host / dedicated server).

Unfortunately everyone else in the game is connecting as per the developers algorithms. Which when you see some of the connections when geo-filter is not active is quite a large possible pool of players from all parts of the world.

It sucks though, no arguments there. 

If that’s the case buds we need an option to disconnect. Netduma should do an automatic ping on each connection and if its over 100ms, which pretty much means outside EU for Eu players, an alert should blink in netduma so we can disconnect. Its so crazy the game allows matchmaking like this.

Is that possible Iain? I mean you can detect the match wont work for sure.

I don't think that is an area the guys want to go to. It's getting a bit close to the dark side and could bring conflict with developers. You're effectively asking to control who can get a game.

Controlling where we connect to give the Netduma user the best connection to host / server possible is one thing. Filtering the entire game would be a bit drastic. Best you could do would be to roll with a full team and then you are in control of half the population for that particular game.

Only my thoughts on it, I'm sure Iain will confirm the technical aspect to it.

Buds I mean if there is a really awful ping that means the game can only be horrible tell me so I can decide if want to stay or not. 

What I am saying Netduma should quickly ping all connections and inform abot the quality the game will likely be. If that is possible.

I dont see interference to the game developing.

Buds I mean if there is a really awful ping that means the game can only be horrible tell me so I can decide if want to stay or not. 

What I am saying Netduma should quickly ping all connections and inform abot the quality the game will likely be. If that is possible.

I dont see interference to the game developing.

Sorry Roads I had misunderstood. I'll let Iain come in and explain the 'workings' of the idea , my steak is ready! :P

Guest Netduma_Iain

No sorry mate, we only filter the host nothing else. I understand where you're coming from but on this issue we're not budging. I'm sorry.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Oh sorry I wasn't implying you could do anything about it. Just for your info, you can see where the laggy player is sometimes.

I'm off for the night now roads. So won't be on till tomorrow, have a good evening!

I would find that OK, I prefer not to play if the connection is horrible. Same with VPN. Tried it yesterday. If you get DDOSes, shut down the console as playing over VPN transforms the game to a diashow on some very boring stamp topic. Not worth the monthly bucks imho.

To be honest writing 

Reduce lag by limiting the distance of other players with our Geo-filter:

is quite misleading. I and for sure others also thought it would limit the the distance of the whole lobby. Still whole Europe and Asia connects to the host which means the lines above are only treu if the whole world uses Netdumas.

Reduce lag by limiting the distance of the host only, with our Geo-filter:

This is what you should change the text to.

Soooo.... this rises my idea from a week ago. You are not going down the path of limiting full lobby Geo-filter. But what about connecting to dumanians preferably?

The Duma is ALWAYS close to the host meaning all Dumanians in Europe connect to hosts in the EU. AS soon as the geofilter circles overlap there can be low ping gaming. The only problem is the number of Dumas that is of course increasing. This could be solved by limiting the game mode so there are enough Dumas in a specific play mode. Lets say COD AW Team deathmatch is supported and BF4 conquest. Even the number of dumas playing a game could be shown.

It would be hard to find a duma lobby at first but in crowded areas like east and west coast and for sure in EU it would be worth a try. 

Please no misundertanding the Duma is a great product and in the menues it clearly says Host filerting. I just wonder if it is possible to bypass the 2bar fubar with a duma network.

The reality is this is what the developers of the game should implement but they won't and they don't because they have their reasons...if everyone on the earth owned a duma it would be worth it.  I would wager to guess there are 20 dumas in Europe, that's not really a big enough pool to play with IMO.

I dont think so there are at least 1000 dumas, there could even be times and game types to meet up. I think its worth a consideration. 

Dunno why the game devs dont restrict areas or filter ping times, would totally make sense for customer funlevel.  Maybe netcode just sucks, maybe hard to maintain country of Ip lists, maybe they just give a shit. 

Anything is possible A7 :)

@ Roads the net code of PC games going back to early CS / Q1 (limit of my experience, could go back even further) was fine. It was pure latency and not very much prediction built into the code. The lower latency guys had a massive advantage and everyone else just had to learn to deal with it and compete. Now they try to predict player movement, smooth it all out so you don't get the old problem of players teleporting etc.

Note this has nothing to do with lag comp (a whole different discussion which I know the Netduma team don't want to get involved in). Just too much going on these days in what they are trying to do with net code imo. I long for the days when simple latency was the key factor.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi roads,

Firstly in other games eg FIFA, destiny every player has to be within the location. Furthermore I don't think the line is misleading because the host is the most important factor by FAR it's not even comparable.

Secondly you're ideas are good and I see where they're coming from but the problem is the search tints would be ludicrous if you did it.

Archived