(Call-of-Duty Advanced Warfare) .5-1.0 Seconds Behind Certain Players Always WTF!?

ghost I had a 6 K/D this one I have a 3 K/D both are the highest K/D's you'll ever find for each game, proving that I am a Verteran Player that knows what he's talking 

I run track I can tell what fractions of a second are, 600ms are the worst scenarios usually it's around 2-300 ms,

Jesus fucking Christ.  So because you "run track" and grind a game you suddenly have the mysteries of the world opened to your all seeing eyes!?  You sir, are an asshole.  Maybe no one has broken this to you yet, given your age and inexperience in how to handle grown up situations like this, but you are acting like a spoiled bitch.  

You approached this whole "post your problem and request help" as a battle.  You started right off with an attitude and it's only gotten worse.

I haven't seen a member yet that hasn't been HAND FED information to help them game better.  Luke asked you to post here because he was hoping the community could assist in your problems as well, seeing as 80% of the "problems" that come, are user error.  On top of that, the people that work for the product actually post on this site, all day-everyday, gathering information, feedback and providing a backlog of customer issues to address in upcoming releases.

So far you have made a half dozen posts with very little evidence other than your all knowing word.  You are more concerned with the forum accepting you as the ultimate slayer (having posted about your K/D 3 times and your ESTIMATION on how far behind you are 5 times) instead of providing some SIMPLE information for people who are actually PAID to help you.

Fact:  Your first post was emotional and contained very little information that can be used to actually help you

Fact: You claim to have read countless hours of posts on this forum, but you have never asked a specific question until today when you decided to play keyboard tough guy.

And now in the middle of a business day, half a world away, you are expecting the company who sold you one, lone product to stop all they are doing and appease you.

TuRccW3.jpg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think he fully understood that the router won't magically fix the issues he is having but gave it a chance anyway.  I run the Netduma and I still have lag against certain players (lag compensation), it's just part of the game that shows it's ugliness in AW where every player is better than your average opponent in past CoD games.  But I was just reading the terms and I don't think he can get a full refund since he's powered it up?  Still -- and this is just me -- if I had a dissatisfied customer as seen here I would just give him his money back and take the loss.  He's just taking his frustration out to the forums now and I very much doubt any settings would change his gaming experience as the issues sound like things outside the routers ability to handle (lag compensation and laggy players in your game).  But in general I'd agree that opening issues on the forum is helpful for other as well.  This one is not.  Anyway, I won't post in here anymore as I feel I'm not contributing but I also feel like with the way he is describing his issues, that is something outside the router's ability to handle.

So it seems that the refund policy here applies only to damages visible from the moment you take the netduma out of the box. otherwise how would you know if it works without powering it up? 

Anyway I agree that I don't think any issues here can be solved because the Netduma is not at fault. AW netplay is poorly designed, and even if it wasnt, it would be impossible to remove lag completely.

Jesus fucking Christ.  So because you "run track" and grind a game you suddenly have the mysteries of the world opened to your all seeing eyes!?  You sir, are an asshole.  Maybe no one has broken this to you yet, given your age and inexperience in how to handle grown up situations like this, but you are acting like a spoiled bitch.  

You approached this whole "post your problem and request help" as a battle.  You started right off with an attitude and it's only gotten worse.

I haven't seen a member yet that hasn't been HAND FED information to help them game better.  Luke asked you to post here because he was hoping the community could assist in your problems as well, seeing as 80% of the "problems" that come, are user error.  On top of that, the people that work for the product actually post on this site, all day-everyday, gathering information, feedback and providing a backlog of customer issues to address in upcoming releases.

So far you have made a half dozen posts with very little evidence other than your all knowing word.  You are more concerned with the forum accepting you as the ultimate slayer (having posted about your K/D 3 times and your ESTIMATION on how far behind you are 5 times) instead of providing some SIMPLE information for people who are actually PAID to help you.

Fact:  Your first post was emotional and contained very little information that can be used to actually help you

Fact: You claim to have read countless hours of posts on this forum, but you have never asked a specific question until today when you decided to play keyboard tough guy.

And now in the middle of a business day, half a world away, you are expecting the company who sold you one, lone product to stop all they are doing and appease you.

TuRccW3.jpg

Yeah keep cussing you'll make to heaven. You are embarrassing yourself you'd see I was "forced" to post.

I also "knew" you guys couldn't solve major lag delay to other players. Not to smart but thanks for making yourself look

like the animal in the picture...lol...my wife and I literally laughed out loud. :P

• Administrators

I'm trying to help you yet my posts are being overlooked by you. So again, if you tell me the settings you have currently have I can help optimise them for you. So far I don't know what your speeds are, where you're located or anything actually useful for me to help you. Please provide the settings provided in the lag support wiki that was linked to you so I can help, thanks.

• Administrators

Sorry I'm a bit late to this thread. If you go on our site we make it very clear what the functions are of the router in the buyers guide. We've been told by numerous people that they're surprised by our honesty on that section. We do it so that customers understand the exact functionality of the router.

Getting a unit to a customer costs money: processing the order, preparing & packaging the router, posting it. Then we also have to do tech support after that, finally if you return a router we need to do the whole process again. Purchasing on-line is *NOT* try before you buy, refunds are available for faulty products or specifically a product that does not function as advertised. The buyers guide perfectly sets the scope of the product.

Now onto your issue, ping is the ultimate metric when it comes to online games. See this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ping_(video_gaming)

"Having a low ping is always desirable because lower latency provides smoother gameplay by allowing faster updates of game data."

We require the information Crossy posted because humans have bias and terrible accuracy and precision. That is why scientists use instruments, in your example on track they use a stop watch not just someone's time gauge because we all experience time differently. 

Please just take a few moments to take the screenshots that Crossy asked, then we can help diagnose it for you. You may have a problem with your line for example. 

• Administrators

To clarify our refund policy, the full terms are here but to summarise:

1. If there's a hardware fault, we will replace

2. If you buy it and change your mind before powering it up etc (i.e. it's still first hand), we will refund. A bit like buying an item of clothing

3. If there's a technical fault we cannot resolve e.g. a feature does not work as advertised due to a fault or compatibility issue , we will refund

We are very fortunate that we have so few of these, especially technical faults. I think we've had less than 5 since we launched which is a phenomenal rate.. The main reason for this is thanks to the great people on this forum. It's easy to make mistakes e.g. with router settings or testing, and the forum has been brilliant at resolving these problems. We've had quite a few people email in requesting a refund who after posting on the forum, are then very happy as their issues are resolved and they get the full benefits of a Netduma.

In addition, the forum is a great place for us to track recurring issues and also it helps people in the future. So as an example, the next upgrade will be smarter at detecting the correct algorithm based on your speeds. 

Anyway back OT: COD-PLAYER if you could please post the information Crossy & Fraser requested that would be most appreciated. I / we have no intention of withholding a refund from you if you're having issues, we just need you to give us the opportunity to help you first.

Thank you

2. If you buy it and change your mind before powering it up etc (i.e. it's still first hand), we will refund. A bit like buying an item of clothing

3. If there's a technical fault we cannot resolve e.g. a feature does not work as advertised due to a fault or compatibility issue , we will refund

We are very fortunate that we have so few of these, especially technical faults. I think we've had less than 5 since we launched which is a phenomenal rate.. The main reason for this is thanks to the great people on this forum. It's easy to make mistakes e.g. with router settings or testing, and the forum has been brilliant at resolving these problems. We've had quite a few people email in requesting a refund who after posting on the forum, are then very happy as their issues are resolved and they get the full benefits of a Netduma.

In addition, the forum is a great place for us to track recurring issues and also it helps people in the future. So as an example, the next upgrade will be smarter at detecting the correct algorithm based on your speeds. 

Anyway back OT: COD-PLAYER if you could please post the information Crossy & Fraser requested that would be most appreciated. I / we have no intention of withholding a refund from you if you're having issues, we just need you to give us the opportunity to help you first.

Thank you

Luke Sir let me give you a 1-on-1 Capitalist Economics lesson. First you always satisy your customers needs/desires, not by being a policy NO RETURNS MY PRODUCT IS THE BEST type of Nazi. Your sounding like your product works 100% and is worth the $200 by double, therefore shall have no further updates?? False your currently working on a MAJOR update so obviously your product is flawed. If it wasn't you'd surely have a policy of 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, your product isn't copyright so opening the package should have no bearing on a return. It's obvious you guys are greedy and will be a fly by night company the way you get the money and don't take it back unless the product is malfunctioning seriously. Good Day "Mate" as they say in the UK.

P.S. You'll learn hopefully sooner than later. Maybe higher a people person customer service person, not the engineers trying to be the managers of the companym if that was the case we'd never have Human Relations Positions for this very reason of how I'm being Belittled. :)

Sorry I'm a bit late to this thread. If you go on our site we make it very clear what the functions are of the router in the buyers guide. We've been told by numerous people that they're surprised by our honesty on that section. We do it so that customers understand the exact functionality of the router.

Getting a unit to a customer costs money: processing the order, preparing & packaging the router, posting it. Then we also have to do tech support after that, finally if you return a router we need to do the whole process again. Purchasing on-line is *NOT* try before you buy, refunds are available for faulty products or specifically a product that does not function as advertised. The buyers guide perfectly sets the scope of the product.

Now onto your issue, ping is the ultimate metric when it comes to online games. See this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ping_(video_gaming)

"Having a low ping is always desirable because lower latency provides smoother gameplay by allowing faster updates of game data."

We require the information Crossy posted because humans have bias and terrible accuracy and precision. That is why scientists use instruments, in your example on track they use a stop watch not just someone's time gauge because we all experience time differently. 

Please just take a few moments to take the screenshots that Crossy asked, then we can help diagnose it for you. You may have a problem with your line for example. 

Lain you seem like the only sane one that genuinely wants to care with tech support however here's the reply I posted to Luke since again you guys are "too proud" to take a return I'll have no choice to reach thousands of youtube followers and my live twitch gaming channel and everyone I meet going forward to explain to the product does NOT work as advertised. You guys clearly state, by re-tweeting the positive reviews and your website clearly makes it sound like with (low ping to host) the shot around corners will not ocurr and people eating bullets in a FPS game will not ocurr. Then your members say: (well we can't control ingame gameplay) which is obsurd because that's kinda the point to get rid of that. Customer doesn't care whether a chart shows 20ms ping or 200ms if I'm getting bullshit in game results that's what matters so since yall won't listen yall won't improve the product in the matter that needs improving. Your welcome for my feedback god knows you won't thank a customer for that :)

Here's my response to Lain...

Luke Sir let me give you a 1-on-1 Capitalist Economics lesson. First you always satisy your customers needs/desires, not by being a policy NO RETURNS MY PRODUCT IS THE BEST type of Nazi. Your sounding like your product works 100% and is worth the $200 by double, therefore shall have no further updates?? False your currently working on a MAJOR update so obviously your product is flawed. If it wasn't you'd surely have a policy of 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, your product isn't copyright so opening the package should have no bearing on a return. It's obvious you guys are greedy and will be a fly by night company the way you get the money and don't take it back unless the product is malfunctioning seriously. Good Day "Mate" as they say in the UK.

P.S. You'll learn hopefully sooner than later. Maybe higher a people person customer service person, not the engineers trying to be the managers of the companym if that was the case we'd never have Human Relations Positions for this very reason of how I'm being Belittled. :)

Its not the DUMA, it is the game... AW...

Agreed. No router can solve in game servers & lag comp issues, why I asked for a refund because their website makes it sound like this router is the cure which clearly it isn't for USA players because we're surrounded by Dedicated Servers and good hosts. Maybe over their in Europe it probably helps??

• Netduma Staff

First of all, are you the guy who commented twice on Drift0r's about the Netduma saying "Router is junk if you live in the USA bought & sold mine they dontw take refunds (fly by night company)" and "Exactly why you'll still get shot around corners when laggy players join your host....bought & sold mine no difference in gameplay for me on my Netgear router (plus they don't take refunds fly by night company)". I assume you are because you said "fly by night company" in your above post as well. All I can say about that is that you never mentioned that you got shot about corners in your original post. Also, being shot around corners is usually fair because your console just hasn't got the message your dead yet. If you hadn't been shot around the corner you would have been shot a few meters from the corner - either way you're dead so it makes no difference.

"Your currently working on a MAJOR update so obviously your product is flawed". That is the second most stupidest thing I've read today. Its so stupid I won't even explain why it's stupid.

It's very late in the UK now so I will be back to check on this in the morning. 

I went through all this before contacting Luke.

See all the posts I just answered and you'll see what I'm going through. Thanks Mate :)

Now I must go on a Public Relations Tour getting out the poor customer service, no refunds, and no change in gameplay

in the USA Call of Duty players.

By the way I really welcome the policy of creating a forum post for people have issues of any kind, even claiming refunds. It helps me understand what issues other users are having and, if possible, how to solve them. 

As far as helping you I don't think I can at all. As far as I understand it you have misunderstood the function of the Netduma router.. but I really hope that I am wrong and your issue can be fixed.

Thanks for this response...obviously I'm not happy with how it performs why would I have purchased it in the first place?

Commen Sense Economics take care of your customer or give them their money back, it's not like I'm asking to keep the product AND get my money back. I really don't understand how businesses operate in the UK here in the USA if it's not copyright "like dvd's" you can return anything anywhere within usually 30days. I contacted Luke within 6 days. But he made me feel so mistreated I'm going to dedicate a couple hours a week searching youube vids & forums to tell the truth how I was treated & THE NO RETURN POLICY. I'm POSITVE this will cause Luke unfortunately substantial loss in sales for people being on the fence. Had he returned it I would've bit my lip, now I don't want some poor sap losing their money so I have to be their voice :D

i would only add to what crossy sad about "Your currently working on a MAJOR update so obviously your product is flawed"  that improving on something that is already good its just evolution. Evolution buddy a normal process that has been here way before us and will be long after we are gone. 

First of all, are you the guy who commented twice on Drift0r's about the Netduma saying "Router is junk if you live in the USA bought & sold mine they dontw take refunds (fly by night company)" and "Exactly why you'll still get shot around corners when laggy players join your host....bought & sold mine no difference in gameplay for me on my Netgear router (plus they don't take refunds fly by night company)". I assume you are because you said "fly by night company" in your above post as well. All I can say about that is that you never mentioned that you got shot about corners in your original post. Also, being shot around corners is usually fair because your console just hasn't got the message your dead yet. If you hadn't been shot around the corner you would have been shot a few meters from the corner - either way you're dead so it makes no difference.

"Your currently working on a MAJOR update so obviously your product is flawed". That is the second most stupidest thing I've read today. Its so stupid I won't even explain why it's stupid.

So defensive are we? lol their is a delay against other players where we're behind or ahead of each other that's obvious this doesn't fix it BUT the advertising makes it sound like the low ping host the B.S. will go away, why else would someone by the product to see their ping they can go to speedtest.net for that and as far as host ping it's crap I connected to a host across country still said I was at 20ms ping IMPOSSIBLE. That post is from probably one of my subscribers, after Luke told me this I posted a video on my channel for everyone that is displeased with the product to go voice their opinion and I did that early this morning so if the post was before that I haven't the clue who said that. I do see your products being sold on ebay as they become available..hmm out for only a few months yet people selling them. HINT IT'S BECAUSE THE CLOSE LOW PING HOST STILL DOESN'T fix overall gameplay. Good Day -Mate

i would only add to what crossy sad about "Your currently working on a MAJOR update so obviously your product is flawed"  that improving on something that is already good its just evolution. Evolution buddy a normal process that has been here way before us and will be long after we are gone. 

Really we talking about species or your software. My Netgear hasn't had a updated in over 4 yrs and works flawlessly and gives me the same gameplay as your does? Where's their evolution??

nice post crossy , and i'm still wondering why a guy with such a high kd could be complaining about being shot round corners when surely he must be shooting  his own k.d worth of other people round corners too.

• Netduma Staff

So defensive are we? lol their is a delay against other players where we're behind or ahead of each other that's obvious this doesn't fix it BUT the advertising makes it sound like the low ping host the B.S. will go away, why else would someone by the product to see their ping they can go to speedtest.net for that and as far as host ping it's crap I connected to a host across country still said I was at 20ms ping IMPOSSIBLE. That post is from probably one of my subscribers, after Luke told me this I posted a video on my channel for everyone that is displeased with the product to go voice their opinion and I did that early this morning so if the post was before that I haven't the clue who said that. I do see your products being sold on ebay as they become available..hmm out for only a few months yet people selling them. HINT IT'S BECAUSE THE CLOSE LOW PING HOST STILL DOESN'T fix overall gameplay. Good Day -Mate

Why would I be defensive. Do you think I work for them or something? Seams you make lots of assumptions.

Lets have a look on eBay shall we?

41cd5dc83e2eff415919909d801b14c6.png

That was on the US and the UK version of eBay and that's what I saw.

The reason it was pinging 20ms was probably because of a mis-located server on the GeoFilter. That's why ping assist was developed and why there are threads on the forum for reporting mis-located servers/IPs.

nice post crossy , and i'm still wondering why a guy with such a high kd could be complaining about being shot round corners when surely he must be shooting  his own k.d worth of other people round corners too.

I bought and tested the product for myself. So obviously I'm not a troll when it's in my hands and I'm not satisfied. Someday you'll learn to appreciate customer feedback. Oh and me being a guinea pig to take screen shots do this do that" not everyone has the time for that if their not happy they return the product & you return the money less the shipping...you'll learn..Cheers Mate

Thank you

I bought and tested the product for myself. So obviously I'm not a troll when it's in my hands and I'm not satisfied. Someday you'll learn to appreciate customer feedback. Oh and me being a guinea pig to take screen shots do this do that" not everyone has the time for that if their not happy they return the product & you return the money less the shipping...you'll learn..Cheers Mate

sorry couldnt stop my slef so again

"Your currently working on a MAJOR update so obviously your product is flawed"

This sentence is worng at its bassis.

simple definiton of update upgrade is  Raise (something) to a higher standard, in particular improve (equipment or machinery)

now on the other hand patch patch is a piece of software designed to update a computer program or its supporting data, to fix or improve it.[1] This includes fixing security vulnerabilities[1] and other bugs, with such patches usually called bugfixes or bug fixe

so there fore you are talking about patching which was never mentioned.

​again evolution 

sorry couldnt stop my slef so again

"Your currently working on a MAJOR update so obviously your product is flawed"

This sentence is worng at its bassis.

simple definiton of update upgrade is  Raise (something) to a higher standard, in particular improve (equipment or machinery)

now on the other hand patch patch is a piece of software designed to update a computer program or its supporting data, to fix or improve it.[1] This includes fixing security vulnerabilities[1] and other bugs, with such patches usually called bugfixes or bug fixe

so there fore you are talking about patching which was never mentioned.

​again evolution 

Sugar Coat it the bad taste but when you dig in well you get the point. My point is Router made no difference for me living in the heartland of the usa. With or withought it I connect to the same servers, so maybe it works for some farm boy out in the middle of no where london to not get connected to a Iceland server or something - Cheerios

Archived