(Call-of-Duty Advanced Warfare) .5-1.0 Seconds Behind Certain Players Always WTF!?

Alright so Luke CEO won't refund my Router unless I post my issue here first, very poor customer service to make a consumer jump through hoops to get his $210 dollars back Luke. Some of us have busy lives and spent already countless hours reading the forums to see this same problem isn't resolved a LOT of people complain on this issue.

Anyways Loooong story short.

I'm a Veteran COD Player (over 6.3 K/D in Ghosts) I have a Gaming Monitor, Great Fast Cable Internet, New DOCS 3.0 Modem, low pings, CAT6 & CAT7 Ethernet Cables, Hard Wired In. I'm tech savvy so you guys know who you're dealing with. :P Now Geo-Filter works sometimes, even with strict mode on it'll stray & let people in way out the Geo Filter Zone. All in all Pings are Great, I had good pings & smooth snappy gameplay with my original Dual Band SUper Awesome Netgear Router & with this I see no improvement, so that's why I want my money back. MY ISSUE:

I bought this because I thought the bull shit I thought it would fix or balance out the fact that I'm CONSTANTLY BEHIND only a certain 2 players in my Free-for-All match LOBBIES and they are CONSTANTLY 250-600 milleseconds ahead of me. Meaning they enter a room start shooting me THEN 600 millesconds later they enter the room on my screen and I can't even blink an eye ZOOOOOM I'M DEAD :blink: . Now their are very rare occassions where I'm 600 millis ahead and boy does that feel like GOD MODE :D!! I just want the "algorithm" to be fair we see each other at relatively the same time not this humungous long ass 600 milleseconds crap that's A HUGE HANDICAP in a First Person Shooter. So since I still lag behind certain players as I did with my Dual-Band Awesome Netgear Router, I feel the very expensive price isn't justified one bit. Yes I tinkered with all setting I've read to try in the forums, I've tried it all if it's not listed in the forum then tell me what to do or else please don't waste my time telling me things I already know or did. I just want a refund and pissed I spenT over 100 hrs the last week ignoring my family to get this Router to fix my 1 sec lag delay.

P.S. I MEAN "ONE" OUT OF 100 GAMES IT SEEMS FAIR THE GUNFIGHTS with THE ENTIRE LOBBY PLAYERS.

THEN BOOM NEXT FREAKING GAME, PEDRO & MICHAEL SHITTY NEGATIVE KD PLAYERS COME AROUND CORNERS KNIFING ME BEFORE I CAN RE-ACT. Oh I know Time & Mathematics very well, when I say it's 600millesconds its 600 milleseconds :o

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the geo-filter purpose is just to make you enter games hosted inside the geo-filter zone, not let anyone else from entering it. So i don't think it's the geo-filter straying if people are entering the game from outside the radius. 

Plus it is perfectly normal for a company to ask for details before refunding anything. I don't understand your point. Your argument seems as if you bought ice-cream, then decided you didn´t like it and so asked for your money back.... doesn't work that way. You should really be grateful if any company returns your purchase for no reason other than the product did not meet the standards it was sold to achieve, which in this case, as it appears from what you have written, it has. 

Icecream you are a special kind of dumb aren't you?? :D

I read the terms it said in 7 days I can return it for my full refund. Now give me advice to fix the issue not cry to me with your ice cream analogy. Also yes the geo-filter keeps all players in the bubble (for me anyways I live in the usa in a heavy populated region) with strict mode on majority of the time.

If you asked for a refund and explained it just as you have here about being tech-savvy then I feel NetDuma shouldn't make you post about it and just go ahead and refund you so I can understand your frustration.  Anyway, who cares about my opinion on that.  As for my experience with the router (not that you asked, just setting realistic expectations for those who are on the fence about buying it), it works great for me but there are some things that the router can manage and others that are far outside the scope of what the router can control, namely the connections of other players to the host which will still affect your gameplay.  Don't think buying this router will make you a god in this game.  Think of the router as a way to make your connection to the host more consistent with some neat features so you can understand why your shots didn't register (being able to see a spike in the graph).  I don't think this router will make as much of a difference in Ghosts as it does AW (where SBMM connects people across the country), so if you're mainly playing Ghosts then you won't see it's effects.  I'm 3kdr in AW and because of that I connect with people across the country (and the lobby will often be country-wide) and becomes a mess very quickly at the pace this game is played.  By using Netduma I can specify that the host be near me and strangely enough the other blips on the maps will be near you instead of being all spread out.  Even then, the connections can be strange still.  There's only so much a router can do, but I hope you get your money back.

• Netduma Staff

Icecream you are a special kind of dumb aren't you?? :D

I read the terms it said in 7 days I can return it for my full refund. Now give me advice to fix the issue not cry to me with your ice cream analogy. Also yes the geo-filter keeps all players in the bubble (for me anyways I live in the usa in a heavy populated region) with strict mode on majority of the time.

Please be respectful to other members. Your post was rude, so please, in future refrain from saying things like that. I've given you advice and nobody will be able to help you with the issue of lag until you provide that information.

Thanks, I did explain it as such twice to Luke. He still insisted I post here.

Yeah I play only Advanced Warfare (sold Ghosts) just wanted to brag my K/D.

I have a 2.98. I just get into lobbies where I person or persons are literally .5 second ahead.

Me being competetive it's not acceptable and I thought all this low-ping to host stuff would fix

that as naturally it should, but it didn't so I just want my refund Luke. (It's like Netduma is kinda

stubborn I mean all their re-tweets are positive like seriously?? No negative reviews?? Come on

there is not one product in the world someone wouldn't complain about *Cough

Well, let´s leave the sarcasm aside. 

You should have started with the "7 days" policy comment. If you are within the 7 days then my argument doesn´t hold, you are fully within your rights to have a refund for no technical reason if the policy says so. 

Regarding "solving your issue", that was precisely my point... i don´t understand what the issue is and especially how it is related to the Netduma router. Are you saying that the issue is that you are behind 600ms in a game because of the way the geo-filter allows people to enter your radius? If this is so then it is simply unsolvable as the geo-filter was not designed to maintain people out. Otherwise, if the issue is simply that you are behind in a game of AW and the Netduma didn't fix this as you thought it would, then outside of the 7 day policy I wouldn't think you had enough to claim a refund. 

Please be respectful to other members. Your post was rude, so please, in future refrain from saying things like that. I've given you advice and nobody will be able to help you with the issue of lag until you provide that information.

The link you sent me to is about ping my ping is fine (I already stated that)...

Lag Comp, Agorithyms is what I have my issues with please advise Crossy??

dude, chilll out , you're problems are probably gonna be easily fixed by fiddling with the settings.

btw having a 2.98 in ghosts entitles you to huge kd in aw about as much as i'm entitled to win the lottery. it is a completely different game 

• Netduma Staff

The link you sent me to is about ping my ping is fine (I already stated that)...

Lag Comp, Agorithyms is what I have my issues with please advise Crossy??

Ok, if your ping is fine then the Netduma is functioning correctly as its purpose is to find a host with low latency and then keep the latency as low as possible during the game. The Netduma won't help with lag compensation as that is not what it was designed to fix. May I ask how you are coming up with 600ms? Ho are you measuring it?

dude, chilll out , you're problems are probably gonna be easily fixed by fiddling with the settings.

btw having a 2.98 in ghosts entitles you to huge kd in aw about as much as i'm entitled to win the lottery. it is a completely different game 

Dude what (If you woulda read the topic I did tinker with ALL Settings for countless hours of testing)? Is this a forum to give me advice or bitch @ my frustration. I was just stating ghost I had a 6 K/D this one I have a 3 K/D both are the highest K/D's you'll ever find for each game, proving that I am a Verteran Player that knows what he's talking about when I'm delayed in the action against a small percentage of players in the lobby.

• Administrators

Hey if your ping is fine then it seems like the Geo-filter is working as expected. If you post all the settings that Crossy asked for in that post we can optimise your settings as so far I don't really have much to go off, and yes how are you measuring the 600ms as that is a very precise number. 

Ok, if your ping is fine then the Netduma is functioning correctly as its purpose is to find a host with low latency and then keep the latency as low as possible during the game. The Netduma won't help with lag compensation as that is not what it was designed to fix. May I ask how you are coming up with 600ms? Ho are you measuring it?

I run track I can tell what fractions of a second are, 600ms are the worst scenarios usually it's around 2-300 ms, I'll admit I've 2-600mill ahead of other players in the lobby too I wanted to make the gameplay fair and lag free so no the Netduma is not functioning correctly as my gameplay hasn't changed from my old router still get shot around corners and that's the truth Crossy...

if you've got legit kds like that you've got no business moaning , jesus fooking christ kid

Moaning?? CEO Luke boy told me to post for help (before my refund). I posted everyone else is moaning except Crossy is "trying" to help

Hey if your ping is fine then it seems like the Geo-filter is working as expected. If you post all the settings that Crossy asked for in that post we can optimise your settings as so far I don't really have much to go off, and yes how are you measuring the 600ms as that is a very precise number. 

I run track we use stop watches tot he fraction of a second, so I can tell certain players I'm either ahead or behind 2-600ms...Netduma mislead me to saying getting shot around corners and all that will go away with low ping, well it didn't

By the way I really welcome the policy of creating a forum post for people have issues of any kind, even claiming refunds. It helps me understand what issues other users are having and, if possible, how to solve them. 

As far as helping you I don't think I can at all. As far as I understand it you have misunderstood the function of the Netduma router.. but I really hope that I am wrong and your issue can be fixed.

By the way I really welcome the policy of creating a forum post for people have issues of any kind, even claiming refunds. It helps me understand what issues other users are having and, if possible, how to solve them. 

As far as helping you I don't think I can at all. As far as I understand it you have misunderstood the function of the Netduma router.. but I really hope that I am wrong and your issue can be fixed.

Thanks...you seem to care....well I have a delay of game or ahead other players by 2-600ms,,,the low ping doesn't cut it...same issues...you want honesty you got it...maybe the algorityms off I've tried both with & without Deep Packet Processing...Congestion Control (but I play a lot with nothing else connected to my network).

• Administrators

I run track we use stop watches tot he fraction of a second, so I can tell certain players I'm either ahead or behind 2-600ms...Netduma mislead me to saying getting shot around corners and all that will go away with low ping, well it didn't

I appreciate that but it is not something I can verify or look at. The ping to the host on the Geo-filter, that is something I can diagnose. We've never said you can't get shot around corners, its proven that a low ping gives you a smoother gameplay experience and better hit detection which is what we've said. If you give me the settings you have that is something I can work with to improve.

If you asked for a refund and explained it just as you have here about being tech-savvy then I feel NetDuma shouldn't make you post about it and just go ahead and refund you so I can understand your frustration.  Anyway, who cares about my opinion on that.  As for my experience with the router (not that you asked, just setting realistic expectations for those who are on the fence about buying it), it works great for me but there are some things that the router can manage and others that are far outside the scope of what the router can control, namely the connections of other players to the host which will still affect your gameplay.  Don't think buying this router will make you a god in this game.  Think of the router as a way to make your connection to the host more consistent with some neat features so you can understand why your shots didn't register (being able to see a spike in the graph).  I don't think this router will make as much of a difference in Ghosts as it does AW (where SBMM connects people across the country), so if you're mainly playing Ghosts then you won't see it's effects.  I'm 3kdr in AW and because of that I connect with people across the country (and the lobby will often be country-wide) and becomes a mess very quickly at the pace this game is played.  By using Netduma I can specify that the host be near me and strangely enough the other blips on the maps will be near you instead of being all spread out.  Even then, the connections can be strange still.  There's only so much a router can do, but I hope you get your money back.

Thanks...you seem to care....well I have a delay of game or ahead other players by 2-600ms,,,the low ping doesn't cut it...same issues...you want honesty you got it...maybe the algorityms off I've tried both with & without Deep Packet Processing...Congestion Control (but I play a lot with nothing else connected to my network).

I don't think he fully understood that the router won't magically fix the issues he is having but gave it a chance anyway.  I run the Netduma and I still have lag against certain players (lag compensation), it's just part of the game that shows it's ugliness in AW where every player is better than your average opponent in past CoD games.  But I was just reading the terms and I don't think he can get a full refund since he's powered it up?  Still -- and this is just me -- if I had a dissatisfied customer as seen here I would just give him his money back and take the loss.  He's just taking his frustration out to the forums now and I very much doubt any settings would change his gaming experience as the issues sound like things outside the routers ability to handle (lag compensation and laggy players in your game).  But in general I'd agree that opening issues on the forum is helpful for other as well.  This one is not.  Anyway, I won't post in here anymore as I feel I'm not contributing but I also feel like with the way he is describing his issues, that is something outside the router's ability to handle.

For UK and Republic of Ireland customers, you may return any router purchased from Netduma Limited website shop within 14 days of the date shown on your order dispatch date for a full refund for any reason. For international orders, please return within 7 days of the date you receive your order. If you believe the item has a fault see the details below on returning faulty items.

The router must not have been powered up or connected to any other device in order to qualify for a full refund.

We cannot accept items returned after 30 days or that are in unsellable condition or that have missing parts.

Archived