what controlers do you use

lukasz

when i play shooters i use my XIM4, imo its the superior input device for that game genre and also lets me get a better immersion :)

for jump n runs or other games i usually stick to my Xbox360 or PS4 pad, i like both a lot

i never got the hype around scuf controllers, their pricetags mixed with all the negative experiences i heard or read from people using their products just doesnt make me want to click the purchase button lol

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i got both the xim and  a scuf controller the xim4 is a great piece of work and theres no latency at all when using it. if you have good settings and are good at pc fps (aiming) then you will wreck everybody on console because theres that added aim assist so imagine being able to quickly aim on an enemy and then let the aim assist do its thing and you will be unstopable

Scuf 4 paddles + Scuf Control Disc + Scuf FPS Adjustable Trigger Grips (Concealed Adjustable) + Black  kontrol freak on the right stick.

Ordered mine late December, It has taken a full week to get used to the WTF moment,  as old habits die hard and I still move my thumb off the stick. I need to find some sort of grip to slip my thumb into on the left stick, this will help. The Accuracy and responsiveness of the Scuf is something to experience to believe and I would not go back to OEM. :)

Scuf 4 paddles + Scuf Control Disc + Scuf FPS Adjustable Trigger Grips (Concealed Adjustable) + Black GQC kontrol freak on the right stick.

Ordered mine late December, It has taken a full week to get used to the WTF moment,  as old habits die hard and I still move my thumb off the stick. I need to find some sort of grip to slip my thumb into on the left stick, this will help. The Accuracy and responsiveness of the Scuf is something to experience to believe and I would not go back to OEM. :)

what is the OEM and yes i agree whit you suff have no death space on the analog stick so every movement you make it actually make movement in the game

Lukasz he means the orginal ms pad.

oh i see i am not familiar with all this shortcuts i am nearly 30 y so my language its a standard / common use / school version English like i sad before every day learning something new here 

After reading how many of you guys like it, I just ordered a XIM4. I'm excited to try it out, I was PC guy for years but my friends would all play consoles. The gamepad feels comfortable now, but it'll be nice to have the KB/M again.

After reading how many of you guys like it, I just ordered a XIM4. I'm excited to try it out, I was PC guy for years but my friends would all play consoles. The gamepad feels comfortable now, but it'll be nice to have the KB/M again.

awesome news! if you have any questions or need some help let us know!

I need to find some sort of grip to slip my thumb into on the left stick, this will help. 

I have the exact reverse problem...LOL  I need something for my right thumb as I find it bridging/lifting as I begin to strafe or jump.  If I can keep that thumb in contact with the pad, I can usually win most gunfights.  When I get to hovering, it's a 40/60 split even with the Scuf.

I found these, which add a sort of rubbery set of "nubs" around the top of the sticks, so it helps.

And I suddenly find myself typing this information to another person in an effort to share my sickness..... *facepalm* 

That's what it really comes down too. I'm decent with a controller but I prefer mouse and keyboard because I play on a computer monitor at my desk anyway. The only difference with a controller is I have to play inverted.

I have a scuf and an imagine edge controller. Both have squid grips on em.

I've honestly gotten so used to using the buttons on the bottom of the controller that I have a tough time using a stock controller.

i went with really small button as opposed to paddles, placed exactly where my fingers rested when i gripped the controller found it a lot more ergonomic like that

scuf ( no disrespect intented) seem to be going the same route as the big router companies now with thier lets stick wifi antennas everywhere mentality and just adding more and more paddles.

I do like their new system though of being able to remap the paddles , I stupidly bought a razor controller when they first came out and the button remapping thing was awesome ..rest of the build quality not so much 

Sounds exactly like an Imagine Customs controller. I hate to tell you this but the kid who makes those clears like half a million a year.

Have any of you guys heard of the sharqcontroller?was thinking of purchasing as they are a lot cheaper than a scuf but in my eyes look better,just not sure on the build quality

I think sharq is the euro version of scuf.  I think both guys from sharq and scuf may be on a patent together for those back paddles, but don't quote me on that.  

I've pretty large collection of controllers but main ones are:

1. Scuf for 360

2. Scuf for X1 with my own 3D printed paddles

3. Scuf for PS4

4. Burn Controller for PS4 - totally customised 

5. Fusion Competition Pro PS4 controller - mainly for sniping :)

Okay, I received my XIM4 and got it setup.  Well, it works but it's been so long since I've played fps w/ kb/mouse setup I'm horrible at it.  It's definitely going to take some getting used to again, my gamepad skills are so much more accurate and fluid since that's all I've been using since about when the 360 came out.  I don't think it's an unfair advantage, I think I could do equally well (or bad) with either one with practice.  It's just what feels more comfortable I guess.

I have a question for the technically minded peeps on a mouse.  I have a Razor Diamondback circa late 2004 (see, it's been a long time since I kb/mouse'd it), it has dpi of 1600 and polling rate of 125.  Any suggestions on a new mouse?  What dpi and polling rate should I look for?  And I need it to be either lefty or ambidextrous, no righty only models.

Thanks for your help!

I am a fellow XIMmer.  Anything competitive FPS wise I use XIM, but I still love the controller for casual play.

Been using XIM since the original DIY mod for the XFPS.  Before that I was using Smart Joy Frag as a mouse and keyboard adapter for xbox and Halo 2.

I have a question for the technically minded peeps on a mouse.  I have a Razor Diamondback circa late 2004 (see, it's been a long time since I kb/mouse'd it), it has dpi of 1600 and polling rate of 125.  Any suggestions on a new mouse?  What dpi and polling rate should I look for?  And I need it to be either lefty or ambidextrous, no righty only models.

Thanks for your help!

I am using the Logitech g502.  Its a very good mouse, affordable, and a popular mouse among many XIMmers.  

Archived